Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2016, 08:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The magic jig that makes perfectly aligned holes... It makes the difficult drilling easy. I have one. You don't.

The first step drills the holes in the cases and back at the same time. I use the bezel as the template so everything has to line up.

The next step places the holes for the pin assembly and sim port at the same time.

The jig is keyed so the back only slides in if placed in the correct direction.

Several backs died for this to work consistently.
Raleighcopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2016, 03:34 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm ready to order a module. Do I want the Orange RX JR or Futaba DSMX/2module, or does it matter? And I need to borrow Gunny's lap to do my drilling .

Also, the assembly pix seem to be missing now. Can they come back?

Dan
Old 03-31-2016, 03:45 PM   #43 (permalink)

You want the jr module format. The futaba format is smaller with pins across the top. The jr format has pins up the side.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath View Post
And I need to borrow Gunny's lap to do my drilling .
Hahaha... No.

As far as good JR DSM2/DSMX modules to choose from, there are a few:
1. I like OrangeRX the best. Lowest price. DSM2/DSMX and Walkera now... From hobbyking and on EBay.

I have this one and it works great! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Turnigy_.html

2. The Spektrum one is called the DM9 module. It's good but only does DSM2. ($59 on eBay)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPEKTRUM-DSM...YAAOSwLa9UYj5L

3. There are others but the only one I know of is $79 and DSM2 plus some obscure other types of protocols. (Can't find it now.)

Enjoy!
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2016, 07:02 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath View Post
Also, the assembly pix seem to be missing now. Can they come back?

Dan
I can see them. Anybody else not seeing them? You sure you don't want it on a back? The kit doesn't come with a jig and you only get 1 chance to do it right.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Checking after you posted, I see the pictures on Chrome. It's more Firefox problem. I can see the picture from Gunny below it, but not the first post. Computers!

Dan

edit: figured it out. Privacy Badger didn't like uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com.

It's tough practicing safe computing.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:01 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

What a terrific opportunity to for those with other brand receivers! I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is there a module that would work for my Futaba Fasst receivers such as the 6303SB SBus receiver? I see many JR style plug in modules for Spektrum, but do not know enough to understand which might work if any for Futaba.

Thank you for your replies!

Steve
Old 04-01-2016, 08:14 AM   #48 (permalink)

all the futaba fasst modules I can find are 1)futaba style and 2) very expensive.

you can build (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2186369) or buy an adapter (http://www.flytron.com/openlrs/123-f...e-adapter.html) to use futaba modules in a jr style bay or if you are handy, you could repackage the futaba module into a jr style module case.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:29 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was going to post this earlier, but I forgot. My only small suggestion for anyone installing the module:

After taping the template to my old back, I used a small punch to make an indent for the drill bits, that way the holes could be exactly where they need to be. The back was sitting on a pine 2 x 4. My suggestion-don't tap hard. The soft wood and soft aluminum back made a small indent around the punch hole. Easy enough to work flat again, but save a step if you can. Other than that, everything went fine.

Dan
Old 04-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #50 (permalink)

Glad you got it installed. Is it everything you imagined?
Old 04-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have a BNF plane for it yet. I was going to spend a few days this week out in the TX country with a retired friend and use one of his, but we got rained out. The mod is easy--just measure twice cut once.

Dan
Old 11-15-2016, 09:41 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleighcopter View Post
Glad you got it installed. Is it everything you imagined?
Yes does work without a glitch with my Spektrum and FrSky-Module

installed in 5'

Cheers from a satisfied mod-user in Switzerland
henry76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #53 (permalink)

hot damn, we're international!!!

glad you like it.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:39 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry76 View Post
Yes does work without a glitch with my Spektrum and FrSky-Module

installed in 5'

Cheers from a satisfied mod-user in Switzerland

Yay!!!

I still love mine.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:17 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am currently using mine to fly my Oxy with spectrum sats with my Jeti. It's nice to have the flexibility to use a single radio with different protocols.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:41 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did anyone noticed some strange behaviors with his Spektrum/Orange-Module and his Spektrum-Model ?

Take a look on this thread on a german Jeti-Forum:
http://www.jetiforum.de/index.php/5-...tstart=0#68390

Short translation: Spektrum is using pulse lengths of 1100 - 1900 microseconds, as Jeti is using 1000 - 2000 microseconds you have to limit the servo throws of your Jeti transmitter to 80% each way ! otherwise you will not be able to use as an exemple: the different flight modes of an Blade MCPx !

At least this does work for me. With servo throws of 100% I wasn't able to fly my Blade MCPx but now with 80% everything works as expected !

Cheers
Marco
Old 12-15-2016, 05:22 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Did anyone noticed some strange behaviors with his Spektrum/Orange-Module and his Spektrum-Model ?

Take a look on this thread on a german Jeti-Forum:
http://www.jetiforum.de/index.php/5-...tstart=0#68390

Short translation: Spektrum is using pulse lengths of 1100 - 1900 microseconds, as Jeti is using 1000 - 2000 microseconds you have to limit the servo throws of your Jeti transmitter to 80% each way ! otherwise you will not be able to use as an exemple: the different flight modes of an Blade MCPx !

At least this does work for me. With servo throws of 100% I wasn't able to fly my Blade MCPx but now with 80% everything works as expected !

Cheers
Marco
That is normal with any cross vendor items.

The MCPX - Even required down tuning below 75% for Spektrum TX's.

Most helis - The FBL will make you tune inputs to + and - 100 and zero at the proper locations when you set it up.

Most planes (kits and PNF) - you will know you need to set up limits to match desired throws anyway, and calibrate the ESC.

Once you identify the formula, it stays the same. Yes, it will be slightly different between the TX vendor and the module vendor, but once set, it's priceless to have one TX for your whole hangar. (Especially if you're lucky enough that that TX is a Jeti!)
Old 12-15-2016, 05:33 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny_jeeves View Post
Once you identify the formula, it stays the same. Yes, it will be slightly different between the TX vendor and the module vendor, but once set, it's priceless to have one TX for your whole hangar. (Especially if you're lucky enough that that TX is a Jeti!)
Tuning Servo inputs for a heli or a plane is one thing.

But when it comes to tuning flight modes (as example my UMX AS3Xtra) it becomes more difficult cause there is no LED (like on my Chroma) indicating the right values...
Old 12-16-2016, 10:12 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Tuning Servo inputs for a heli or a plane is one thing.

But when it comes to tuning flight modes (as example my UMX AS3Xtra) it becomes more difficult cause there is no LED (like on my Chroma) indicating the right values...
The values are -100, 0, and +100.

You set the range once (EX: to +-80) so this becomes say -80, 0, and +80 without you having to calculate it.

I have that plane and its a favorite! You can get by with +-80 to +-85 on the Jeti. Options are still Max, Middle (0) and Min.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:54 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cabling

Hi Raleighcopter,

I bought a back module plate from you about a year and a half ago. I am from Australia. I have having issues with the DM9 module. Itís intermittent when itís powered On. Works at times, after I remove and install it back on the back plate. I was wondering if I could just use the 3 wires on the radio circuit PPM -, +ve and -ve and solder them directly to the DM9. There is another circuitry between the 3 main cables and the pins to connect the module. Do I really require the added board or can I just directly connect the 3 cables ( PPM -; +ve,-ve) to DM9 TX??. I am not fussed about the trainer port.

Thanks

Regards,

Kalps.
kalps is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in