Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > AH-64

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2016, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help with the files needed for RTF DXe and AH-64

Hello Helifreaks!

I am trying to setup the DXe and AH-64. Let's assume all the existing programming in either is mismatched or not there.

!. What files to I need to get the DXe ready for the AH-64
2. What files do I need to get the AH-64 ready for the DXe

The units will not bind with each other presently. The DXe is a reduce version sold with the BLH2500. The AH-64 is the heli part of that package. Any help would be appreciated. I hate being confused and or confusing..lol.

Best regards,

Another Heli Freak!
lnelson15 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2016, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure I fully understood your post.

You bought the BLH2500 which is a BNF (Bind and Fly) package, with an AH-64 and a DXe.

You try to bind according to the manual, Page 8, and... what happens?
Old 02-26-2016, 12:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Does not bind. I am going to try to bind the AH-64 to a DX6i and see if the setup in it is correct. If that works I probably need to sort out what to do with the DXe.

Not it is a RTF. The Heli and DXe came together. I had decided to reload the necessary files for the AH-64 and the DXe the other day and got them out of sync file wise thus no bind. The files are available at Spektrum for both but I guess I have gotten confused about which is which (who is on first ;-) ) as far as the files go and which goes in which one. I have gone thru this once before and ended up getting it right but not the other day. I may try again tomorrow. The receiver in the AH-64 does have the latest firmware. Both the receiver in the heli and the DXe have main files and then preset files. Which to use...
Old 02-28-2016, 02:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

lnelson15,

You mentioned the RX in the Apache has the current firmware so you are good there.

Regarding the config file for the DXe, go to Spectrums page for the DXe and then click on the "manuals and support" tab, then select "Download DXe setups" and download the setup file for the Apache.

Once you have the file on your computer you will need to use the software for the DXe to load the Apache file into the DXe.

Once you have the DXe programed then you are ready to bind the Apache and DXe.

Plug the "bind plug" into the Apache RX
Plug the battery into the Apache.
Hold down the "bind" button on the DXe and power it up.
If all goes well it should bind.

If it still does not bind then it's probably time to call tech support.

Good luck,

Jon...
Jon_PDX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2016, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Basically the Spektrum AR6335 RX is not binding with the DXE TX. The DXE gives the right tone indicating bind, but the AR6335 RX light blinks 5 times and goes out instead of staying on solid which means the binder is failing for some reason. No clues.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Heli Freaks!

I have gotten this down to a problem with AR6335 RX that comes in this Heli. The RX blinks 5 times after the bind process is initiate but then the light on the RX does not stay on and the receiver is not bound. Anyone familiar with the Spektrum blink codes for this receiver fi there is such a thing? I got the DXE TX to bind no issue with another aircraft. The default non-Apache setting were in there but it did all the control surfaces and throttle. No chance of that I suspect as information on those is sparse. Gosh I hate to buy a new RX for one having gone south from updating the software.

Best regards...
Old 07-28-2016, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Original Blade Apahce flies again!!

All fixed...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in