Introducing the Bump Controller CCS mobile app - Page 5 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2016, 03:32 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
Any update on the next release?

Is this feature to be able to back up the app data the same one I saw you mention in another thread that will let you export to a csv? Or is that a separate feature? (ie: does the backup feature only allow data transfer between two devices running the BUMP app?)

Thanks,

KevinB
Forgot to list in the release notes, but latest release also includes battery history backup feature - it compresses all battery history into a zip file and stores it on your SD card with the timestamp in the filename.
Restore, export, etc, will be coming soon.
RevoKelly is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

One small glitch with the new firmware. .......

For those of us running the 48v Meanwell power supplies this update forces us to setup and use the pre-defined PS selections..... but the low voltage limit only goes up to 28v when setting those up. That doesn't work.

Thanks

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2016, 12:50 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far it's working well for me today at the field. I did notice the 28V limit. I'm feeding both channels on my DPL8 48V from 4 powersupplies in series.

I will wait until a future update for the throttling. It's very easy for me to over Amp my 2000W power supply, and also very easy to trip breakers on my house, so hopefully the Amp limitations on the BC will help prevent this.

What I didn't test was what happens when I reach those limits I set. Does it throw a code? Does it throttle? Does it just shut down and end the charge?

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

For those of us running the 48v Meanwell power supplies this update forces us to setup and use the pre-defined PS selections..... but the low voltage limit only goes up to 28v when setting those up. That doesn't work.

Thanks

KevinB
I saw that too. I wasn't pushing my 4 chargers hard enough yesterday to hit any limit, but I'm assuming that is just an alarm limit and it wouldn't keep the chargers from using the 48V being supplied.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:46 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree. It does make the alarm and likely an automated charge shutdown nonfunctional in the event of a problem with the PS though.

I'd rather have it working

KevinB
Old 09-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Thanks

KevinB
Good catch - simple fix, will be included in next release.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:03 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Kelly !

Again, awesome work on this app and the BUMP controller.

KevinB
Old 11-05-2016, 10:03 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found another bug. Prior to about 2 firmware updates ago, if I didn't connect my tablet to the BUMP prior to starting the charge, it would only show 3 ports on the CCS app. Port 4 just didn't show up on the CCS.

About 2 updates ago, the behavior changed. Now if I don't have the tablet connected before starting the charge cycles, ports 3 & 4 show up incorrectly on the CCS app.

Not a big problem. Just FYI.

KevinB
Old 11-06-2016, 05:07 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Found another bug. Prior to about 2 firmware updates ago, if I didn't connect my tablet to the BUMP prior to starting the charge, it would only show 3 ports on the CCS app. Port 4 just didn't show up on the CCS.

About 2 updates ago, the behavior changed. Now if I don't have the tablet connected before starting the charge cycles, ports 3 & 4 show up incorrectly on the CCS app.

Not a big problem. Just FYI.

KevinB
Thanks for reporting. Will put it on the bug list.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:03 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

on the android app i have the option of updating the bump firmware which is nice but when i went to update i noticed it was reinstalling the current firmware. not to big of a deal but would be nice to have it tell us that the most recent firmware is installed and then maybe an option to reinstall if we wanted to.
PL6 w/Bump Controller-24v PS DX8 gen2
krauley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2016, 07:40 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauley View Post
on the android app i have the option of updating the bump firmware which is nice but when i went to update i noticed it was reinstalling the current firmware. not to big of a deal but would be nice to have it tell us that the most recent firmware is installed and then maybe an option to reinstall if we wanted to.
It will prompt you to upgrade whenever it needa it. The forced upgrade option is just a backup in case something goes wrong.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:38 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
It will prompt you to upgrade whenever it needa it. The forced upgrade option is just a backup in case something goes wrong.
thanks that all i needed to know, maybe i should have just asked that
Old 11-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

loving the bump and the ccs app. for now im fine with the android app on my phone but upon release to the pc/windows 10 i plan to switch over. first, will i be able to get that program/app for the windows 10 without repurchasing it? and when i do get it will i be able to import all my saved battery historys?

my note 4 has a horrible bluetooth range, anything over 9 feet and it cuts in and out. and thats with a straight clear open lane between the bump and note 4. i thought it might be the bump but i tested it at home with another device so thats that.

great job to the beta team and revo support thanks all
Old 11-11-2016, 04:05 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
loving the bump and the ccs app. for now im fine with the android app on my phone but upon release to the pc/windows 10 i plan to switch over. first, will i be able to get that program/app for the windows 10 without repurchasing it? and when i do get it will i be able to import all my saved battery historys?

my note 4 has a horrible bluetooth range, anything over 9 feet and it cuts in and out. and thats with a straight clear open lane between the bump and note 4. i thought it might be the bump but i tested it at home with another device so thats that.

great job to the beta team and revo support thanks all
Glad to hear youre enjoying your Bump setup.

Switching between different OS versions of the app will require you to repurchase, but if you keep track of your original purchase email with the order ID, we should be able to refund the Android purchase.

Yes, you will be able to backup/restore your history data to move it between devices.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:48 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Glad to hear youre enjoying your Bump setup.

Switching between different OS versions of the app will require you to repurchase, but if you keep track of your original purchase email with the order ID, we should be able to refund the Android purchase.

Yes, you will be able to backup/restore your history data to move it between devices.
if i am able to switch the data from pc to android to pc. then i will certainly repurchase it for the pc and keep the original android app i paid for. i am all for supporting developers and theyre work. having two options when charging is better than one, if im a little more into flying and dont want to boot up the laptop i use the note 4 etc.

sadly at the moment im more into my charger setup then flying my helicopters but at least its not the hassle of charging the batteries thats causing the lack of passion. now i will get out of the thread and let it get back on target
Old 11-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
two options when charging is better than one, if im a little more into flying and dont want to boot up the laptop i use the note 4
Just make sure you disable battery history upload on one of them so it all gets uploaded on the other one.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:22 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just make sure you disable battery history upload on one of them so it all gets uploaded on the other one.
definitely thanks
Old 11-13-2016, 06:30 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

another question, dont know if its software related and i doubt it but maybe someone can explain to me....

on the first screen capture my amps are reading roughly the same at around 8 amps as im charging a 4000mAh pack @2C.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-11-13-11-25-17.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	680120

but under the powersupply screen its showing @2.54 amps being used or coming from the powersupply
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-11-13-11-25-26.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	680119

so what is happening? on the PACK tab the graph and top right box are reading the same but on the SUPPLY tab the graph and info line are the same but the top right box is not. is it an incorrect reading or is my ps doing some electrically stuff that i dont know about. i do know that the battery charged up fine and in about the time it should have taken at 2c so that should tell me that the 8 amps is the correct number
Old 11-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
another question, dont know if its software related and i doubt it but maybe someone can explain to me....

on the first screen capture my amps are reading roughly the same at around 8 amps as im charging a 4000mAh pack @2C.
Attachment 680120

but under the powersupply screen its showing @2.54 amps being used or coming from the powersupply
Attachment 680119

so what is happening? on both tabs the graph and the reading in the top right box is the same. is it an incorrect reading or is my ps doing some electrically stuff that i dont know about. i do know that the battery charged up fine and in about the time it should have taken at 2c so that should tell me that the 8 amps is the correct number
The charger input voltage is much higher than the pack voltage, so the input amps will be proportionally less. Notice that your power readings are very close, minus a few watts lost as heat in the charger.

NOTE: Watts = volts x amps
Old 11-13-2016, 06:42 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

ah such as if i was using a 12v supply and charging a 6s pack or 25v. the voltage would match but the amps being converted would be lower. im i understanding that right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.