Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 700X

Blade 700X Blade 700X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Max safe headspeed for the 700x?

As the title states I'm just inquiring as to the max safe headspeed of the model in Stock form? Spent quite a bit of time combing the forum and the Internet in general to no avail. Any information is appreciated.
TimBaconHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2016, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How high of a headspeed do you want to run? The spindle bolts will hold upwards of 2800 rpm of I remember correctly, but that's a ridiculous headspeed for a 700. I honestly wouldn't go over 2300.

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2016, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, I was shooting for 2300-2500 if curiosity gets the best of me.... Only reason is to go fast, think X-blades and some beast x tweaking. Have a set of 105's to throw on if need be. I know, I know, there are many other better models for this purpose already, but the 700x is the only 700 heli i have completed and flying at the moment, and just to get my feet wet and see what its all about i was, well, just thinking.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure you have the upgraded spindle bolts, there was a recall, and the head will handle more than most blades will. But seriously, have you flown a 700 even at 2100? Hold on, shit happens fast!!!!

Cheers

Steve
Old 03-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Holy blade 700x!

2800 rpm is insane! Where Can get one of these?

Old 03-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, it's all moot at the moment as one of the lovely stock revolution blades decided to delaminate/explode in idle up 1 in a simple hover. Uggh. And yes, quite a bit of experience now flying a heli at 2100, yes they move fast. But I wasn't eluding to 3d flight, just straight run speed style. Man I've never seen a blade do that..... they were for all intents and purposes brand neww. The heli, in my opinion, and many others was set up superbly. Guess I just had the bum luck of a bad mold up or whatever. For what it's worth one at least, mabey both had this slight rattle inside them but looked great on the exterior with the clear coat etc. There was always this annoying wobble on spool up that seemed much more than translational, and just generally seemed unbalanced. I did balance the blades, they were pretty good, but still, obviously something was wrong. So....now the blade sits in a pile of wreckage for a rebuild. Yay, got a 30' hover out of it before it exploded. At least the chunk of carbon flew by my head and not at it. Had I been any closers than 50 or so feet....well, you get the idea. At least....after inspection all the parts come to about $173.00 minus shipping and a canopy. Unless I missed something. Powered up the esc, seems fine, both brand new pulse packs, fine, motor, fine, all servos, fine. Frames, fine. Very glad it was just a low level hover and not an inverted punchout. :/ just really would love to know why the blade self destructed.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade delamianation

Please explain, blade exploded? That's just plain crazy main blade failure is nutz and so it just split open? From the tip? or root failure I got a set here with that same internal shake & rattle ...

I'm glad your ok, fix that 700x is awesome !
Old 03-22-2016, 11:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, since day one there has been the "rattle" in the revolution blade. It was in a stable hover when all heck broke loose and from what I can tell a blade delaminated or just plain failed and well, things went bad. Possibly it was damaged from the motor bouncing around in the box as it was shipped? It/they looked good save for a small chip at the tip which I assumed was okay, looking back obviously it wasn't or there were other unseen issues. When in say rattle I meant if you tap the blade with your finger there is an audible feedback and sound from the blades. Not just a dead thunk. Mabey they are great blades? But I will never know as they delaminated in mid air and as I said might be caused by some unseen damage due to all but horrendous packaging methods that allowed the heavy big 520kv heli motor to bounce around in the box? Or maybe that wasn't a factory at all? I just know the heli was for all intents and purposes new, set up properly and was in a light hover at 1600-1700 rpm rotor speed when it decided to eat itself. : ( sad really. Rebuild, move on and some cyclone 715's are likely in my future. All I know is I have a trex 700 dfc on the way and hopefully a blade 700x back together as well before warm weather. I have the bug, and it needs to be fed.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Curious, did you balance the blades pre flight?
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2016, 06:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The blades were balanced with the bearing based blade balancer I have. I forget the make/model but I know it works for balancing the blade for my 450 and other small helis. So I'd assume it worked for my 690's as well. I'll be honest and say I never put them on the gram scale, but that being said, should I have to if they balance? And furthermore if a name brand set of blades like that are manufactured that different that you need to check the weight?.... all I can say is I'm glad the original post never got to fruition. I.e. cranking up the headspeed. I'm sure that would have been epic....in a bad way.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wow

So, I have a point of reference now. Blade has been down, but no way on earth that will keep me from a 700 heli, so.....I bought a Trex 700e. All I can say is, the trex is defiantly a mature smooth heli, but in no way in my very unprofessional opinion is it in any way as snappy and responsive as the blade is. Mabey with alot more work and some better servos etc the trex could come closers but box for box.....damn. Why oh why did Horizon Disco the pro series? You just wait till the government has the multi rotors regulated into oblivion and that basket along with the micros won't look so hot again and the hobbyists will hopefully be the focus again? Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but low parts count, tight control. Geeshe, now that I have another benchmark I'm truly impressed. Not to mention Horizons customer support. Second to none. I'm sure if I called Align I'd get the same service......ahem. joke just there. But in all seriousness, go blade, thanks for the support Horizon and I'm buying every spare part I can get my hands on for the 700x. I won't be happy till I have the equivalent of 4 airframes worth of parts to keep her going long into the future.....flying Cyclone 700's of course. And after the recent blade failure, I'll keep the headspeed to 2100 or less from now on so I can reduce the risk of any failures, gone is the desire to try high headspeed before it ever happened as I now see the difference between big heli's. If I want to go fast I'll buy a TDR.
Tim
Ps. Sorry, just ranting after some flights at the field today.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've always said how much I love the design of the 700x. Horizon liked it so much they made all of the smaller stuff with the same servo layout. If and when they do stop making parts, I'll make sure mine is in 100% condition and it will become a shelf queen.

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2016, 12:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700x

Honestly, just flew the trex again today. It's a great heli, it gets it done....but in no way do I feel as connected to it as I do the 700x. And keep in mind all things being equal both have at respective times 690mm blades, ar7200bx fbl and the same radio and lipos. With similar DR and EXPO they are two very different birds and even increasing the flip and roll and lowering the expo along with some increased cyclic gain on both dial and parameter settings doesn't make the trex 700e feel any where near the snappy responsive sports car heli the 700x is. I literally just spent $900+/- in spares for the blade. it will stay aloft for many flights to come heli gods willing, and the trex 700e is now a trex 800 camera ship and I feel it's going to fill that role wonderfully. Now.... what is my next sports car? Is a goblin 700 the way to go for 3d? Opinions welcome I am hooked, line and sinker. When it comes to 3d I like hard crisp stops, 2100 headspeed it seems and fast, but also smooth flip n roll. I like to put some music in the ear buds in one ear and listen to the sweet blade snaps in the other, fall into that groove and, well, just be connected. Seeing I like the 700x and it's capabilities, what's my new? Chime in is welcome.
Tim
Old 04-01-2016, 12:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My trex

Here is the trex.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160401_004120.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	644166  
Old 04-01-2016, 12:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My 700x

And my 700x......favorite.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160228_153057.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	644167  
Old 04-01-2016, 12:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default And...

My newly built charging case for my addiction....:/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160319_234852.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	644168  
Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rebuild...

So, this weekend I'm going to rebuild the blade 700x. Because of the crash all I have to commit blade wise are align 690's and align 105's for the tail. I do have a set of 115mm revolution tails that have been reconditioned after a couple tail drags but atm would prefer the aligns as they are in much better shape. So how will the blade react to 105's? Keep in mind I've discod the stock tail servo horn for a Jr with a maybe 13mm length..
Thanks for any input,
Tim
Old 04-29-2017, 05:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

tim you are not the only one that feels 700x flies very very well. I have one since they first came out....it out flies my Gaui X7F by a new york mile on 2300hs. i have put a Quantum 4530 on it as i didnt trust the stock motor. make sure when you rebuild it that you check every direction possible to shim the transmission. thats what made mine stop eating gears. Horizon panicked early..They had a fantastic pro series heli....just needed time to overcome the reputation from poor micro helis. They could have done a better job of promoting this heli as well. Not enough big name guys endorsing/flying this bird.
jmrcracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, im still loving mine. In fact, one just got a Spirit Pro installed this spring, worked out the kinks and its like a whole new heli, loving the crisp hard stops and rock solid tail with the spirit. Feel alot better with the Spirit fbl gov vs the castle now too. Running much higher gov gain with no chatter

Tim
Old 04-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Max safe headspeed for the 700x?

I have found on 2 machines that the biggest gear train problem is in the front boom gear bearing mounting. The bearings on mine could move side to side inside the boom mounting block. I tightened up the slop with small pieces of shrink tube on both sides of the bearings within the grooves. That in addition to proper mesh the drive line is very solid. I use the Hobby Wing 130a opto esc with internal gov and an rx pack. Just love this heli.
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in