Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 600X

Blade 600X Blade 600X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2016, 05:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600x motor can movement

Has anyone tried to adjust out the amount of end play (up/down movement of motor can) on the stock eflite motor??
Ether by shimming or pressing??
Tugman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default It was easy

Turns out there is a set screw inside the can at the top, so I loosened the set screw flipped the motor upside down and gave a couple of taps on the shaft to seat it further in and presto!
No more up down movement , this should smooth out the vibration graph in the sk 720be.....
Old 03-18-2016, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 600 X also has a little can movement. I have two 500 Align's and one motor has movement while the other doesn't. Both of the Aligns have a zillion flights on them ( I have flown them almost daily here in Florida for the last five years). My Blade 500 3D has no movement tough.

I would suspect that the magnet's is going to align and hold the can while powered up. Did note that the 600X pinion to the main gear is at the top of the pinion which I would think is good as it puts less pressure on the bearing vs. when it's at the middle of shaft or even lower. .

You mention a vibration issue, while it may help your issue, I have my doubts, but I have been wrong before. good luck to you!
wattflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2016, 05:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattflyer View Post
My 600 X also has a little can movement. I have two 500 Align's and one motor has movement while the other doesn't. Both of the Aligns have a zillion flights on them ( I have flown them almost daily here in Florida for the last five years). My Blade 500 3D has no movement tough.

I would suspect that the magnet's is going to align and hold the can while powered up. Did note that the 600X pinion to the main gear is at the top of the pinion which I would think is good as it puts less pressure on the bearing vs. when it's at the middle of shaft or even lower. .

You mention a vibration issue, while it may help your issue, I have my doubts, but I have been wrong before. good luck to you!
Thanks for your reply!
It (the can movement) can be a known cause of what I'm seeing in the sk720 vibration graph but not a given.
So you have to try different things one at a time and look for a change in the graph.
The first change I did was to bottom out the pwm and timing in the cc edge esc, this simple change cut the magnitude of the vibration in half.
The graph allows a user to see the rpms and frequency where these vibrations are coming from so you can narrow down the source very easly...so to speak.
There is a delicate balance between pwm and timing as it relates to performance and heat build up in the esc and motor.
This "vibration" is minute and it really is not having any effect on the skookum controller (so far) , but it is there and I can hopefully be rid of it...
My 600x has a pretty easy life, no 3d just simply crusin around, I'm setting it up for fpv and that's really all I want to do with it...
Any controller that uses accelerometers will be sensitive to vibrations, and the Beastx is pretty good at ignoring these but also sometimes not, ya just never know until you try...
I will post some screen shots of the graph once I make another test flight so other users can judge for yourselves...
We'll see how it all ends up.....
Thanks again for your input!

BTW: I too have a 500 3d basic and she's a favorite!!!!
Soooo different from a FBL
Old 03-26-2016, 07:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattflyer View Post

Well you were pretty damn correct!!
The motor can movement had "some" effect but not much...
You can see my post here.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=737059
Thanks for your input!!!
Old 03-31-2016, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

As it turns out it was a motor bearing issue that was spotted by another skookum user .
I swapped motors with my first 600x and the vibe spike disappeared!
Old 04-03-2016, 05:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Motor Bearings

Where can I find replacement bearings for my stock 600x motor, other than stock bearings ??
Are there better quality one's out there ??
Old 04-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugman View Post
Where can I find replacement bearings for my stock 600x motor, other than stock bearings ??
Are there better quality one's out there ??
I would try Boca Bearings
Old 04-06-2016, 08:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichly View Post
I would try Boca Bearings
Thank you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in