Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2020, 08:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 230s V1 (night) tail hold anomaly

Howdy chaps
Having a bit of a brain fart on this one....
Got my old 230s Night out, was a bit dusty but was all flying nicely all the many previous times I've flown it
The Night blades looked a bit like they were delaminating, I didn't want to fly it on them so put a standard V1 set on...
Now when I lift in Norm and buzz around the tail holds ok, but as soon as I hit IU, the tail lets go and it'll swing round counterclockwise nose-in and any further collective inputs renders the little shit unflyable as the tail's doing it's own thing, until I flick back to Norm and can regain control
I'm NOT a newb, and I've checked all the obvious things...could it be the gyro is calibribrated is specifically for the night blades with the added weight of the batteries at the root?
Any wise words appreciated
Rotorway 162f - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snVc3q-hBvU - MCPX V1 2BL HP08s/HP03t/xp12a/xp3a/550s/130x blades/larger canopy/stretched boom/RRC prop = AWESOME Hybrid CP X !! - Nano CPX 2BL Mild - Raptor 50 Nitro - Futaba FF9/Spektrum DM8 Tx
catpainkev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2020, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Kev! Good to see your still around.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I was only thinking about you yesterday bud, lol
Rotorway 162f - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snVc3q-hBvU - MCPX V1 2BL HP08s/HP03t/xp12a/xp3a/550s/130x blades/larger canopy/stretched boom/RRC prop = AWESOME Hybrid CP X !! - Nano CPX 2BL Mild - Raptor 50 Nitro - Futaba FF9/Spektrum DM8 Tx
Old 06-23-2020, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
could it be the gyro is calibribrated is specifically for the night blades with the added weight of the batteries at the root?
Don't think so. Mine was bought as a Blade Night 230S. I mounted stock blades from 230S V1, no issues. I made some more modifications, still no issues.
You might check the throttle curves, and the tail gyro gains in FBL. Are they all at factory default values?
Of course the stock blades will produce less torque, and tail has less work with. But it should be in tolerance, if all is at factory default settings.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tail blade cracked and can't produce enough force to counter the stunt mode headspeeds?

It should fly the same with the night blades or regular ones(mine does).
Old 06-23-2020, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

nothin' wrong with the tail blade bud

I just put the 'Night' blades back on with the batteries fitted in situ and the tail's locked....go figure

Kev
Old 06-23-2020, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpainkev View Post
nothin' wrong with the tail blade bud

I just put the 'Night' blades back on with the batteries fitted in situ and the tail's locked....go figure

Kev
Kev, I wonder if the replacement blades were out of balance enough to cause a vibration the the FBL controller didn't like at the higher RPM's?
Old 06-24-2020, 01:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd check:
1. if tail rotor is mounted correct side out
2. Cables back to esc
3. Tail motor temperature after flight

My flies with night or regular blades perfectly fine.
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2020, 01:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

So does mine. Even with scale fuselage.
Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20170616_0021.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	865751 Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20170616_0015.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	865753
Old 06-28-2020, 05:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Howdo again chaps - quick update, it seems it was the main motor causing this anomaly - I had a pal's V2 here for fixing so I swapped out his main motor when my 'Night' was only lasting for 30 seconds on fresh good batteries - now it's all good!
Cheers!
Old 06-28-2020, 09:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear you have it sorted out, Kev.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers old boy

On a slight tangent - this V2 that I repaired for a dude is an rtf, and came with a DXe Tx (I think it is) - would you happen to know how things like pitch adjustment are done Craig?

Kev
Old 06-30-2020, 10:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpainkev View Post
Cheers old boy

On a slight tangent - this V2 that I repaired for a dude is an rtf, and came with a DXe Tx (I think it is) - would you happen to know how things like pitch adjustment are done Craig?

Kev
I don't have any knowledge about the Tx that comes with the RTF 230S. I have a DX9. I can only assume that the RTF Tx has the needed parameters for the heli preset and there is no adjust ability as far as pitch curves, throttle curves, etc. I would think the only thing you would be able to do with that TX, as far as adjustments go, is put the heli in servo adjustment mode and set zero pitch. That's just an educated guess though.

Last edited by NCcraig; 06-30-2020 at 10:45 AM..
NCcraig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2020, 02:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers Craig - I'm sure it's factory configured - just feels weird to me that it won't hover until 3/4 stick, I like birds to lift a snadge after mid lol
Old 07-03-2020, 12:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I can only assume that the RTF Tx has the needed parameters for the heli preset and there is no adjust ability as far as pitch curves, throttle curves, etc.
No. DX6e can be configured, pitch curve, throttle curve, DR, Expo, and more. You need the USB cable (same as for the AR636) and the PC Software. (Spektrum Programmer). There is allso a different cable for a mobile phone, and the App. You could allso change an existing File on a DX6 or higher and transfer it via PC Software to the DXe TX.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well there you go. I stand corrected. Learn something new every day as I have never had RTF Tx. I would assume, once again, if your buying a RTF TX that your not looking to pay the extra coin for computerized TX or a programming cable and all that it may entail. May be wrong again though. Apparently not the first time. LOL!

Last edited by NCcraig; 07-03-2020 at 05:29 PM..
NCcraig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2020, 09:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are right. I got my first Blade 230S Night RTF with DXe. Build a UH-1B out of that bird, and it went fine.
When i started to deal with multiblade rotors, Fenestron and NOTAR tail builds with Blade 230S, i realized the DXe would not be comfortable to make changes in setups. I went for the DX6e than, and it served me well.
If You need to make only few setup corrections, it might be worth to get that cable. Will be usefull for firmware update on AR636 aswell. If You need setup corrections more often, a better TX would serve You better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in