Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2020, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Down goes David!

Goliath (gravity) won today. Had about 50 hovers and slight maneuvers was trying to do a momentum turn and wasn't watching my pitch and hit the ground! About $25 in damage tail boom was bent main gear stripped, and a cyclic arm was lost somewhere. It may be a silly question but since it hit the ground from about 2 or 3 feet up and I hit throttle hold before it even hit the ground (dirt patch) should I still do a trim flight when I fix it or would it be ok not to once its put back together? Or better yet is there a checklist I should do after a crash other than looking over it? OR... OR... is it not worth the repair and just get a Goblin 700?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BNnxR6QM2eJadkEv5
JustCallMePcra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2020, 08:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why not? Trim flight only takes a minute. Biggest thing, Don't Give Up!!
JohnCl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2020, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not to mention the trimflight, but at that level You should check the servos. I would bet there is at least one servo gears stripped.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default @John

Oh definitely not giving up I have just been using my sim more and waiting for the parts to get in. I a loving it all over again...
JustCallMePcra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have crashed my Blade 230S very hard five times in 130 flights. I have broken 5 tail booms, 5 main gears, 3 tail rotors, broke a main frame in half, and lost 2 pitch links. I have completely rebuilt the heli after the last crash because of the broken frame. Each time the electronics have been fine and the servos were not harmed. This is a great little heli to learn basic orientations and inverted flight on! I have had a great time learning with it. I suggest taking the 2 minutes of time to do the trim flight any time you have taken the tail off or replaced any parts. It is easy to do and the heli flys great after you do it. I hope you learn as much from your Blade 230S as I have over the past few months!
the737honcho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, its an amazing little machine. I have build 9 scale modells out of it, including multiblade main rotor modells 3- to 5-blades, fenestron tail and notar tail. They all perform fine, and whenever i crashed it was my fault.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in