Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree232Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #361 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
I used to do a lot to try and strengthen the 230 frame. Super glue will not stick to the frame very well. It will, but then pops of very easy later. Try some 2-part epoxy. Gorilla glue version used to work pretty well. It helped to scuff up the surface also.
E6000 adhesive. It holds well to frame and also 'gives' allowing some movement w/o separating. I glue toothpicks across breaks and weak points.

https://www.amazon.com/E6000-5510310...rds=e6000+glue
RCFred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2018, 01:11 PM   #362 (permalink)
Registered Users

That E6000 adhesive looks good as I think that the normal CA glue is too brittle and breaks off the plastic quite cleanly, so its not bonding into the plastic.

We had a nice flying day here so I intended to put in 6 packs today. I flew three then had a break and went out again an hour later. On the fourth flight I made a perfect landing at the end but the tail rotor caught in a tuft of grass and ripped two blades off so I decided to call it a day.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #363 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
That E6000 adhesive looks good as I think that the normal CA glue is too brittle and breaks off the plastic quite cleanly, so its not bonding into the plastic.

We had a nice flying day here so I intended to put in 6 packs today. I flew three then had a break and went out again an hour later. On the fourth flight I made a perfect landing at the end but the tail rotor caught in a tuft of grass and ripped two blades off so I decided to call it a day.
Eeeemmmmm eeehhhH CF tail rotor.....! Lol
Old 02-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #364 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
Eeeemmmmm eeehhhH CF tail rotor.....! Lol
I've got a couple but as they were getting quite difficult to buy I removed it from the heli just in case. I am not really flying it hard enough to feel the full benefit of the CF rotor at the moment. This said I think after 30 flights or so the plastic rotor begins to lose its shape and not work so well.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:21 PM   #365 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
I've got a couple but as they were getting quite difficult to buy I removed it from the heli just in case. I am not really flying it hard enough to feel the full benefit of the CF rotor at the moment. This said I think after 30 flights or so the plastic rotor begins to lose its shape and not work so well.
When I was running stock rotors I could see a difference within the first battery. It was fairly pathetic.
The MH CF rotors aren't going anywhere soon. They fit quite a few different models. They're just tough to come by at times because they only make/ship them in small batches, and as soon as they're available they get snatched up rather quickly. I have 3 total myself
Old 02-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #366 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default skid mods

After repeatedly breaking my 230s skids in hard landings and crashes I tried some of the forum suggestions.
Instead of using the screws to mount the skid, use double sided sticky foam.

Put 2 wide foam strips on the frame where the skids mount.
For the back press the skids to the foam. No screws.
For the front the 2 skinny mounting pieces broke off the frame with the screws still attached. Press the still attached pieces to the foam.
To help keep everything firm also attach thin foam strips from the skids to the frame.
Also because the rear skids broke at the screw attachment, I taped these back together and ran thin wire to the lower part of the skids to keep them from spreading out.

This seems to work and has held up to some hard landings.

I have 2 pictures to attach to show what I did but Iím new to this forum and donít seem to have the attachment option.
jimflyrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #367 (permalink)
Registered Users

You surely got out today Allan? Weather has been superb down here in Kent, Iíve clocked up 15 flights today, 28 in total over 3 dayís, spring is here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndyO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #368 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post
You surely got out today Allan? Weather has been superb down here in Kent, Iíve clocked up 15 flights today, 28 in total over 3 dayís, spring is here!!

Hi Andy, Yes a superb day and dead still. I was at a Mustang car meeting most of the day at the diner where we met but when I got home I dashed out as the sun began to set and put in 3 packs. Brilliant flying. I am glad things are working out with the new heli, you are clearly clocking up the hours.

Where did you get the CF tail rotors from?
Old 02-17-2018, 12:49 PM   #369 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered them direct from MicroHeli online, easy enough to do. Took about 2wks to arrive I think. Wheelspin models sometimes have them, but try Fastlad and Midland Heli too, you never know....

Old 02-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #370 (permalink)
Registered Users

ebay vendors each have more than 10 available...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microheli-B...gAAOSwFb5aBfgs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...wAAOSw401Z79Wk
Old 02-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #371 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, very calm up north, best flying I've had since well before Christmas. It felt quite odd not having to battle with the wind Infact it was so calm I had a k110 out for the first time this year, BLHeli upgrade on the esc - governor working so well I was able to use Lynx trex150 blades, instant collective pop

Back on topic: 230 is still flying nice, must be on nearly 500 flights now and not a single issue.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #372 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Thanks, I've now bought 3.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #373 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 View Post
Back on topic: 230 is still flying nice, must be on nearly 500 flights now and not a single issue.
Glad you had a good days flying too. I've got to agree that the 230 is a very reliable heli, especially for blade and more especially coming from the most unreliable heli I've had, the 180cfx
Old 02-17-2018, 03:18 PM   #374 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took my 230 out it's box today.....ooh aww, and then went outside with the nano cpx. 1st attempt to fly CP off the sim.
Man i did good, was inverted within 3 seconds and then just stood there with a blank stare, panicked and hit the TH switch. Poor little bird plopped to the ground upside down, then told me "let's do it again".. Little bird is tough.
I am so glad i listened to you guys and took this approach.
No way i'd be smiling right now if i had tried to fly the 230 at this point.

Few more flights on the nano though and it's starting to come to me.
This is just the challenge i was looking for
mikem65d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #375 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Mike, I started the hobby in exactly the same fashion - a nano to learn on and a 230 to look at for inspiration, maybe pat it on the head and stroke it's blades now and then

I even had that same ^froze on the spot and hit throttle hold moment^ when I very first inverted the nano. I remember thinking OMG I've actually done it, I'm inverted, trouble was I didn't have a clue what to do next Praise the modern day simulator
Old 02-17-2018, 08:22 PM   #376 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 View Post
Hey Mike, I started the hobby in exactly the same fashion - a nano to learn on and a 230 to look at for inspiration, maybe pat it on the head and stroke it's blades now and then

I even had that same ^froze on the spot and hit throttle hold moment^ when I very first inverted the nano. I remember thinking OMG I've actually done it, I'm inverted, trouble was I didn't have a clue what to do next Praise the modern day simulator
OMG that's hilarious huh...we watch all the cool videos and see questions on how to get inverted, then just stood there with the big DUH on our faces.
It was stable as could be though.
Problem for me was being in my small front yard and wondering if i would end up in someones yard
Going over to the field tomorrow to pursue this further.

You're right about the simulator though as it does get ones fingers into coordination.
mikem65d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #377 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today, I charged all my batteries. Weather is warm and sunny, light breeze. about to head out and get blasted in the face with a ~30-40mph wind gust. NOPE! Back inside. Looking out the window ever 20 mins or so, wind seems near zero, then the instant I step outside again, BOOM! Another ~30-40mph wind gust.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #378 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
Today, I charged all my batteries. Weather is warm and sunny, light breeze. about to head out and get blasted in the face with a ~30-40mph wind gust. NOPE! Back inside. Looking out the window ever 20 mins or so, wind seems near zero, then the instant I step outside again, BOOM! Another ~30-40mph wind gust.
It's the curse of the phantom 230 It gets its kicks tormenting us with unnatural changes in weather The number of times I've charged packs on a sunny day and the moment I step out the front door...... rain
motoxxxman likes this.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #379 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol, I know that one! I became obsessed with the wind....not so much now with a bigger heli, but still pretty OCD with my various weather forecast apps lol

Old 02-18-2018, 11:43 AM   #380 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, wind was never really a weather factor I payed much mind to until I got he 230S.

The few times I have got to fly on totally windless days, it was amazing. It goes just where you want it to go, and stays put when you tell it to.
net wurker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in