Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree207Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2016, 04:50 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
That is just awesome good for you man. I started out too fast so I think I was inefficient. Went for bigger and more expensive (to own and to crash) helis. By now I probably should have been better with two fully blinged micros and probably two beaters.

But good for you. Definitely post lots of pics when you get it done.

That is also one nice canopy
Thanks, I'm sure you know that I was just having fun, teasing, all meant in good humor

The truth is, I thought long and hard before buying the Rakon parts, they had 15% off a few weeks back and I got a free canopy for my 200QX,which I was planing on buying
I bought my 230s used, bundled with some other parts which I sold on - I don't dare tell you how little my 230 ended up costing me - it left me with some headroom to upgrade
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona0915 View Post
Where did you guys get those canopies???? I know they are fusano and for me to order from them is like $25 shipping, need a place in the states to buy these.
Mine came with my used heli

I'm in the UK, it was probably bought from here, they do international shipping, I don't know how much it would be

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/fusu...3-p-33893.html
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

First time in 4 weeks I could fly today, weather has been total crap for a month. If it hasn't been raining it's been super windy.

Got 4 packs in today. Spent time working on doing multiple flips/rolls without stopping. Was able to get 5 controlled front flips with minimal altitude change and 4 right hand rolls/flips that one had a little more change in altitude than the front ones. Had a couple instances where I was flipping and got out of sorts and was able to recover (not using panic) which felt really good. Also worked on flipping one way then flipping out a different way. So get inverted flipping right, then front flip or back flip to upright, hadn't done much of that before.

Finally pulled of a really sweet split s like I used to do with my nitro plane 30 years ago. I've been working them but would always basically stop when I'd pop inverted. Tonight carried a little speed, rolled it inverted, pulled back on the stick and boom carried speed as it came back upright and headed the opposite direction. That felt really good!

Was a good day
mos2k likes this.
kona0915 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2016, 09:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I am doing the happy dance.

I took my brand new 230s out to the club field in mild conditions (5-7kts variable) and flew it until I ran out of batteries.

No crashes and of course no damage.

To make it even better this was the first time I have flown a CP heli ever, previously they were FP (200SRx and MSRx) so I am very happy with my effort.

There was not any 3D just hovering, circuits and the like in initially stability and then agility mode. I even got it to land pretty close to spots I picked out, well about 2 feet from it anyway.

I really do like this heli.....
mos2k likes this.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

After a quick hover test in the Garage, took my brand new 230S out for a maiden. Two batteries, no issues. A little too windy to gauge wether or not it will need a trim flight or not.

First time flying a helicopter since the original Blade heli's came out years ago. Never could get my first one to hover very well. This one is a dream.
Bilymac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
The one thing about the MH frame, when I was shopping, is I didn't notice where you can buy spare parts for their frames. Is this available? I could not find anywhere on their site where they were listed. It is the main reason I ended up going with the RKH frame, pieces are available everywhere. I have asked this a couple of times, but no answers that I have seen.
Replacement parts are on the website now..

http://www.microheli.com/heli-upgrad...te/blade-230-s
Old 05-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 230S is sitting on the workbench while I wait for an order of new dampers to arrive.
Desmond is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2016, 04:09 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yesterday at an informal fun fly at the field did my first inverted hover. For like 2 seconds then used Rescue. Works great!
Old 05-22-2016, 08:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew four packs in a nice big area and I know this is going to be the machine I go upside down with. I love the mCPx BL for my tight back yard but the 230s is the perfect size for pushing the fast maneuvers. Its Not to big and not to small for the older eyes to see. It flies just so good with out doing any kind of upgrades. I like the fiberglass canopy, It is much more durable and the metal canopy posts because the canopy slides on and off easier. The plastic posts I did Dremel down smaller but still slide through the canopy grommets hard. Here is a pic of my fleet.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:32 AM   #50 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Pulled the blades off of both of mine, getting ready to take them to New Mexico for vacation. Taking a basher 300x as well
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX18, 07 Harley Road King, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2016, 10:42 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wrenched a bit on mine. The swash leveler does not give you the proper height of the swash along the main shaft. Saturday I used a pitch gauge and did my best to get it to 0 pitch by messing with linkage height on the servo setup advanced menu.

Today I used the swash leveler to set all three linkages properly with the swash leveler on top of the links. Got 0.04 degrees of pitch at 0 which is not too bad. I also noticed play on the shaft and at maximum collective the shaft was going down hitting the FBL. I noticed there was a missing locking ring on the shaft to lock the movement of the shaft. I also noticed a missing screw on the anti rotation and my fix with Velcro small stripes for a frame crack was loose so reinforced with thick CA.

Seems like I am ready for more flights to keep exploring what I can do while keeping a finger on the Rescue button. Works great can't believe had not taken advantage of that feature. Took me a while to fix after a crash and turning off self level and use Rescue to really appreciate this little helicopter.

It seems finally after a few months I can use this Heli the way it was intended (for me as to why I purchased it in the first place). Practice and confidence builder helicopter.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:46 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice!

I can't see your fleet pic. Can you upload as an attachment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97 View Post
I flew four packs in a nice big area and I know this is going to be the machine I go upside down with. I love the mCPx BL for my tight back yard but the 230s is the perfect size for pushing the fast maneuvers. Its Not to big and not to small for the older eyes to see. It flies just so good with out doing any kind of upgrades. I like the fiberglass canopy, It is much more durable and the metal canopy posts because the canopy slides on and off easier. The plastic posts I did Dremel down smaller but still slide through the canopy grommets hard. Here is a pic of my fleet.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

" __ getting ready to take them to New Mexico for vacation. "

The weather's been great!! - a little windy in the afternoons/ late mornings, so get out early - Balloon Fiesta Park is open for flying - planks & helis. Also Maloof & there's a picnic @ ADO on Monday.
torg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2016, 02:18 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Yesterday at an informal fun fly at the field did my first inverted hover. For like 2 seconds then used Rescue. Works great!
So it flips it back to upright? Does it gain altitude also?
Old 05-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was awesome. It flips and increases collective so it goes up. The only caveat is that if you Rescue from inverted your collective stick remains negative. So when I released Rescue the Heli plummeted down. I was amazed I could figure what happened in a split second and punched out positive to recover.

Definitely liking this for progression. Had left the Heli collecting dust but no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
So it flips it back to upright? Does it gain altitude also?
Old 05-25-2016, 07:38 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The only caveat is that if you Rescue from inverted your collective stick remains negative. So when I released Rescue the Heli plummeted down. I was amazed I could figure what happened in a split second and punched out positive to recover.
This is why my personal preference is a lot of orientation work and practice with manual bailout maneuvers - at least at this point in my flying. I like knowing that I can get it upright and tail in from almost any situation.

On the inverted front, I highly recommend a lot of sim time followed by a transition to the K110. The sim time will make the K110 quite easy, and a bunch of inverted time on that indestructible will make you much more comfortable on the 230 or anything bigger.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:54 AM   #57 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by torg View Post
" __ getting ready to take them to New Mexico for vacation. "

The weather's been great!! - a little windy in the afternoons/ late mornings, so get out early - Balloon Fiesta Park is open for flying - planks & helis. Also Maloof & there's a picnic @ ADO on Monday.
We're headed to the Gila river valley area (Silver City). Even though my brother lives up in Alb, I dont think we're gonna get that far north. We're going to see him in September or so.

I plan to retire out there in about 10 years, unless I get run over by a bus (I work in downtown Houston). The gal we're staying with has a shooting range as well, so we're going packing
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX18, 07 Harley Road King, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand. However this road has been very bumpy for me. I have had numerous crashes due to mostly setup issues, but a few due to pilot errors. I have been very close to quitting the hobby altogether due to this.

After a particularly bad crash when I was starting FFF I went back to tail-in hover and basically kind of starting all over again. Last Saturday when I did that inverted hover and Rescue'd out of it, that event boosted my confidence significantly as fear of crashing had been my stopper from even spooling up the helis. It did help as I made absolutely sure that my heli was properly setup before attempting getting off the ground.

I see now Rescue as a very good avenue for ramping up. The sim allows you to crash and instantly get a perfectly setup helicopter again. A real life crash involves time, money and the possibility the heli is not the same as it was before the crash after fixing it.

I have been simming a lot and following ArchMageAU's training, hitting hard those upright piros and figure 8's. I started with HeliX and moved on to neXt then I have oddly gone back to HeliX because it feels more difficult and probably closer to reality.

I want to go baby steps and I think that Rescue can help me get there. My idea is to first get the heli to hover hands-off, super stable and locked-in tail with simple rudder 45 degree stops. Then with a Rescue FBL I will start upright circuits and from there who knows. My ultimate goal as to what I see myself possible of doing eventually (might change once I get more proficient, but that is all I can see now) is tail-down, skids-out funnels. That assumes I can FFF, forward circuit, backward circuit, flip, tic-tock, stall turn, 360 turn and hover in all upright orientations. As a cherry in the pie I want nose-in inverted hover only. How long will that take me I don't know.

I also want to stay in the 360/380 class. I have found that to be my perfect size for stability, size, power and crash cost. I want to avoid more micros, the 230 S I think will fit that need perfectly. All I want it for is for backyard quick fix flights. For the field, Rescue enabled 380's is what I plan to use for everything else. If I do get tired of the 230 S the Oxy 3 is the only one I think can fit that gap on my fleet.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate your input and it is a good suggestion, I just think I can have a better progression this way. Rescue allows me to fly more like the sim, with less fear of crashing. I would have to really majorly dumb thumb to crash if I keep my focus on hitting Rescue, like I did with the 230, and if I keep flying within my capacities. I have significantly advanced my flying on the sim precisely because I try stuff until I get it right after several crashes. So for me what I need to overcome is that fear of crashing.

I have also heard several experienced pilots (including Kyle Stacy on an interview) say the same thing. The number one thing that stalls progression is fear of crashing. Conversely, getting over that is the one thing that will accelerate progression. For me I have found my key to overcome that fear, and that is Rescue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer View Post
This is why my personal preference is a lot of orientation work and practice with manual bailout maneuvers - at least at this point in my flying. I like knowing that I can get it upright and tail in from almost any situation.

On the inverted front, I highly recommend a lot of sim time followed by a transition to the K110. The sim time will make the K110 quite easy, and a bunch of inverted time on that indestructible will make you much more comfortable on the 230 or anything bigger.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:04 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The number one thing that stalls progression is fear of crashing. Conversely, getting over that is the one thing that will accelerate progression. For me I have found my key to overcome that fear, and that is Rescue.
The best answer is always the answer that's best for you!
Old 05-25-2016, 03:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Toad, can't tell if you are speaking about your 230 or one of the larger more complex helis you list in your sig. If I am speaking honestly, if the 230 is giving you issues those others are really going to make you want to quit. I have crashed one or the other of my 230s somewhere around 30 to 40 times. I used to think I was doing good if I could go 10 batteries without one. Anyway, both of those 230s still fly perfectly and they are the biggest thing I own. What I don't understand is the feeling you have with the stable you keep. Get over it and go fly those things that many only dream about owning and somewhere along the way you will more than likely advance in skill. Not trying to redicule as I can see whay you mean, but use and abuse the 230, even if you have to get 6 of them to keep them flying, and let's hear how good the 380 flies.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Oxy 2/3/4/5; XL Power 700; DX9
Lynx Heli Innovations Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in