Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree268Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2018, 06:24 PM   #641 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew a bunch of flights on mine after using up the larger heli packs. It's such a wonderful flyer. Can't wait for my V2 to arrive soon. I just had to have one since I still love it. It got me into no stability idle up flight.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #642 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
....she looked at it for a while and then said "why doesn't he fly it properly, no helicopter flies like that, it looks like a demented dragonfly" I don't think she really gets it!!!
Lol, my mum had exactly the same reaction to a smack 3D video "can he not just fly it normal?"
Old 05-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #643 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
I am glad you made good progress. The 230s is a very good smooth flying heli. One of the things I have been working on is perfecting good smooth steady turns and flowing flight so it looks realistic in the air. Nice horizontal eights where the height and speed is constant, the same with horizontal circles in both directions and incorporating some loops, rolls, bunts and inverted. Not exactly 3D but still challenging and I think an alternative for someone like me who isn't really going to master full on 3D.
This said when I first showed my wife a video of a guy flying full 3D she looked at it for a while and then said "why doesn't he fly it properly, no helicopter flies like that, it looks like a demented dragonfly" I don't think she really gets it!!!
Demented Dragonfly is spot on tho.
You and i share the same expectations on flying heli's for sure tho
I like to watch the 3D stuff, but i'm happy to just fly around like you describe.
No point in flying above ones skill level and destroying the thing.
I am very happy with the way this 230 flies in IU 1.
It does however instill confidence to try maneuvers outside the box.
I also have fun with tinkering with the mechanical areas.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #644 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unless they fly, I doubt anyone would understand the talent, and commitment, it takes to get to ''Demented Dragonfly'' status.
I think if I started younger, I might of had the drive? Not now though.
Lotus 7 likes this.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #645 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
Unless they fly, I doubt anyone would understand the talent, and commitment, it takes to get to ''Demented Dragonfly'' status.
I think if I started younger, I might of had the drive? Not now though.
Zactly.....first time i just got the Nano to hang in the air for a full battery without crashing, it felt like the first time i hit a perfect golf shot.
Only with these i can repeat the shot over and over now, but i can certainly appreciate the talent that good 3D fliers possess.

This 230 is something else tho. Feels like i am flying a CPX without the twitch.
Blade pretty much thought their helis out when it came to the beginner and advanced at the same time.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:31 AM   #646 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem65d View Post
Zactly.....first time i just got the Nano to hang in the air for a full battery without crashing, it felt like the first time i hit a perfect golf shot.
Only with these i can repeat the shot over and over now, but i can certainly appreciate the talent that good 3D fliers possess.

This 230 is something else tho. Feels like i am flying a CPX without the twitch.
Blade pretty much thought their helis out when it came to the beginner and advanced at the same time.
I remember that feeling too..lol As far as all the helicopters in my sig, the 230s was definitely my favorite. There are obviously better, more expensive helicopters, but the 230s fits perfect in it's lane.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2018, 08:01 AM   #647 (permalink)
Registered Users

was practicing some circuits in front of my apartment yesterday. Caught an insane wind gust, over corrected, almost hit the building, then it came right at me and I didn't have good enough reaction time or finesse to straighten it out safely. So I stuffed it straight into the ground on purpose to avoid getting hit. Broke a CF tail rotor, and snapped a CF main blade in half. It was cool to see the hard foam inside the cf main blade
And the neighbor girl (about 12 years old) was quite impressed with how deep in the dirt the broken main blade piece got stuck haha. She was watching from a distance and ran over to see the carnage
Lotus 7 likes this.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:38 AM   #648 (permalink)
Registered Users

But you still had the skills to stuff it instead of hitting yourself. That's still a win!
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
was practicing some circuits in front of my apartment yesterday. Caught an insane wind gust, over corrected, almost hit the building, then it came right at me and I didn't have good enough reaction time or finesse to straighten it out safely. So I stuffed it straight into the ground on purpose to avoid getting hit. Broke a CF tail rotor, and snapped a CF main blade in half. It was cool to see the hard foam inside the cf main blade
And the neighbor girl (about 12 years old) was quite impressed with how deep in the dirt the broken main blade piece got stuck haha. She was watching from a distance and ran over to see the carnage
Lotus 7 and motoxxxman like this.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #649 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you did the right thing. I reckon a blade strike from the 230 with CF blades would be chuffing painful and could easily lead to a visit to the hospital.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2018, 02:01 PM   #650 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
You did the right thing indeed. Thankfully you possess the skills to keep you or a bystander from getting hurt.
If you lived here i'd chip in on the repairs.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #651 (permalink)
Registered Users

Carbon blades are no joke. Plastic blades alone can do lasting damage, I have a permanent scar on my right index finger from a hit off a K110.

It was a few years ago now but I often remember the fatal incident involving Roman Pirozek Jr. If i remember correctly it was a trex 700, he was partially decapitated and his throat was sliced open. He was just 19 and died at the scene. I will never forget the fact that his dad witnessed the whole thing.

This is why I get real frustrated when rc helis are referred to as toys. Unbelievably half the tabloids that reported on this incident still referred to the 700 class machine as a toy
Old 05-26-2018, 09:55 PM   #652 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 View Post
Carbon blades are no joke. Plastic blades alone can do lasting damage, I have a permanent scar on my right index finger from a hit off a K110.

It was a few years ago now but I often remember the fatal incident involving Roman Pirozek Jr. If i remember correctly it was a trex 700, he was partially decapitated and his throat was sliced open. He was just 19 and died at the scene. I will never forget the fact that his dad witnessed the whole thing.

This is why I get real frustrated when rc helis are referred to as toys. Unbelievably half the tabloids that reported on this incident still referred to the 700 class machine as a toy
I remember the incident. About 5 years ago.
In the early 70's when we flew RC pattern i remember a kid crossing the novice area runway and was struck by his Dad's pattern model. He died right there.
Everyone was horrified.

These are not toys. People that refer to them as toys are just not educated.
What I find even more alarming is the untrained parent or kids that buy these and don't actually read the warnings included, until after an incident.
I have had my Nano nip a couple times in the living room, and boy do i have respect for the little turd.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:20 AM   #653 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments.
I took my nano to the chest once with a tank top on, 100% headspeed. no marks, but it did sting a little. I have the utmost respect for these non-toys, and have no problem sacrificing parts to prevent harm to people/animals/property.

Thinking back, I'm just glad the blade stuck straight down into the ground when it snapped off and didn't go flying into someone or something. It was quite sharp on the broken edge too. My yard isn't soft, and it went a solid 6 inches straight down into the dirt like a tent spike.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #654 (permalink)
Registered Users

These are definitely not toys, there is an awful lot of energy in those rotors. Back in the 1970's I used to fly control line aircraft at the local park and on a couple of occasions I had members of the public just walk across the circle. Some people are incredibly thick. Control line has all but gone now and flying in the local park is prohibited but even with these helis we must take cognisance of the un-educated public. I also put a few paces between me and the helicopter when taking off as you never know what it might do as it lifts
Old 05-27-2018, 08:32 PM   #655 (permalink)
Registered Users

watching 7th game eastern conf final CLE vs BOS, between time out going out to back yard with my 230s....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180527_182723.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	746676  
Old 05-28-2018, 12:28 PM   #656 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005h4 View Post
watching 7th game eastern conf final CLE vs BOS, between time out going out to back yard with my 230s....
You've just got to do it. It was a brilliant weather bank holiday here in the UK and I managed tree packs between beers, then got too drunk to fly. You need to persuade the US banks to have a holiday then you get at least three days extra holiday extra a year. The banks are supposed to close so business closes.
RCFred likes this.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:41 PM   #657 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default good day

I've done around 6 packs today, tried something new, (drum roll) a right roll using - pitch and only had 2 mishaps but NO damage.

Also getting pretty good at loops just by pulling back on the stick

How do you guys do loops do you use - + ?

As Allan says great weather in the UK today.
weinribgeddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2018, 03:49 PM   #658 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinribgeddy View Post
I've done around 6 packs today, tried something new, (drum roll) a right roll using - pitch and only had 2 mishaps but NO damage.

Also getting pretty good at loops just by pulling back on the stick

How do you guys do loops do you use - + ?

As Allan says great weather in the UK today.
Use - /+ to make your loop tighter or yuuuuuge. Whatever you like. Or just pull or push the elevator whichever way you want to flip and leave it at whatever collective setting you want. Each variation makes totally different loops. Try this stuff with room to correct or else!
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2018, 03:52 PM   #659 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
Use - /+ to make your loop tighter or yuuuuuge. Whatever you like. Or just pull or push the elevator whichever way you want to flip and leave it at whatever collective setting you want. Each variation makes totally different loops. Try this stuff with room to correct or else!
yes height is our friend!
When do you start to add - + ?
Cheers for your reply
weinribgeddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #660 (permalink)
Registered Users

on the back side of the loop its coming down faster, so add elevator to end at same alt you started.

Last edited by RCFred; 05-28-2018 at 06:05 PM..
RCFred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in