Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree216Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2018, 01:08 PM   #741 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
Yes precisely, the heli flies perfectly.
Crazy! I would have loved to see that..lol You didn't see any kind of dust devil or funnel?

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #742 (permalink)
Registered Users

No not on this occasion but I have seen dust devils and they are quite small affairs that haven't bothered the heli, although I have never flown through a dust devil
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2018, 03:55 PM   #743 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No not on this occasion but I have seen dust devils and they are quite small affairs that haven't bothered the heli, although I have never flown through a dust devil
This one would upset a heli..lol

Do You Know How Dust Devils Form? (1 min 6 sec)

Old 07-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #744 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew three packs today in the blazing heat again. Not 100% successful as my tail motor packed up on the last flight. Its been getting hotter over the last 20 or so flights and also sometimes losing a bit of tail hold. I hit TH but the heli landed on a boulder, the only one in the 20 acre field and cracked the frame again across the top. As its cracked on one side only I have managed to do a half frame replacement as this eliminates the need for a total rebuild. The only things I hate are the awful little self tapping screws, they are a PITA in a new frame and the heads strip easily. Should be back in the air tomorrow but I am seriously thinking of an RKH frame.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:31 PM   #745 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I flew three packs today in the blazing heat again. Not 100% successful as my tail motor packed up on the last flight. Its been getting hotter over the last 20 or so flights and also sometimes losing a bit of tail hold. I hit TH but the heli landed on a boulder, the only one in the 20 acre field and cracked the frame again across the top. As its cracked on one side only I have managed to do a half frame replacement as this eliminates the need for a total rebuild. The only things I hate are the awful little self tapping screws, they are a PITA in a new frame and the heads strip easily. Should be back in the air tomorrow but I am seriously thinking of an RKH frame.
I filed down the tip of my screw driver a bit. It makes it more like the Japanese style screwdriver, which I ''think'' we're supposed to be using on these screws.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:04 PM   #746 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW!! Today I just realized I haven't flown my 230S (or any helicopter) since back in April or May. That's not entirely surprising since I can't stand being outside in the summer and in particular out on a blazing hot sun drenched field. I do most of my flying in the fall and winter months. In any event I am charging up a battery and I am going to take the 230S up for a bit of evening hovering and slow flying around the yard. I need to get a little practice in before I lose my touch completely...
Desmond is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #747 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Hah... Sorry to hear about the crash damage. What you saw happen was a perfect example of Murphy's law. You ended up hitting the one rock on the whole field. Had you dropped down anywhere else you might have had no damage whatsoever.
Old 07-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #748 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
This one would upset a heli..lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aswtt6Cobo
Those are awesome. Like a tornado in miniature. Unfortunately I don't think they are very common here in the Northeast.

Meanwhile we are under a severe thunderstorm watch.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:24 PM   #749 (permalink)
Registered Users

First off yes defo murphy's law, I couldn't believe it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
I filed down the tip of my screw driver a bit. It makes it more like the Japanese style screwdriver, which I ''think'' we're supposed to be using on these screws.
I ended up buying an expensive set of watch makers screw drivers but like you say I don't think any fit these screws perfectly. Also the anti rotation bracket, servo screws and tail boom screws all seem different sizes. I am thinking of butchering my instrument screwdrivers to fit them on a bigger handle so I can screw these awful screws in easier.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #750 (permalink)
Registered Users

They JIS standard I believe, so you need JIS drivers ideally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndyO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2018, 06:47 AM   #751 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up 230 S is a great medel

Just clocked in 300th flight on mine
Damage so far: Cracked canopy of course; Replaced skids (destroyed&lost in crash); Cracked frame in the usual location and liquid taped; Replaced feathering shaft (bent on crash); Replaced tail boom (bent on crash); Replaced one tail rotor (one blade cracked in the middle); Patch soldered tail LED strips.
It's a good trainer heli. Enjoy flying
mos2k likes this.
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2018, 06:53 AM   #752 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post
I seem to have quite good success with CR-V PH0 and CR-V PZ1 bits.
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2018, 07:44 AM   #753 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I was trying to say..lol

Old 07-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #754 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Andy I've bought a set of JIS drivers.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:14 PM   #755 (permalink)
Registered Users

Playing around in between rain showers. Took the picture out back under the umbrella.

BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #756 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew mine through three packs today and noticed that the tail hold still varies and it is weird. Initially it is a little suspect when I take off and the tail motor is varying in speed but then as I progress through the flight it starts to work just fine. Its like the heli is learning as it flies.Something like an EFI system on a car engine. Anyway today I bought a RKH frame and some other goodies so I can rebuild the heli. I think it has been flown to death lately in a fairly dusty and harsh environment.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:00 PM   #757 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got some new main gears in today. Took a little break from the 230 when i flew it into a tree on a maiden rebuild. Will be cutting that tree down tomorrow before i get back in the air.
mos2k likes this.
jackovart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2018, 12:09 AM   #758 (permalink)
Registered Users

I made a female JST to XT60 adapter to connect the 1300 mAh OCDay 75C LiPo, and I was checking the COG, it's bang on balanced. Ofcourse that does make the 230S heavier.

Last edited by mos2k; 08-03-2018 at 12:22 AM..
mos2k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #759 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bought a 450X canopy to replace my beat to hell stock one. Less expensive than that hard to see green stock one and cheaper. Thanks for the idea. Looks & fits great.
11bDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2018, 06:23 AM   #760 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew mine today but I am practicing inverted circuits and got into a bit of trouble. I nearly made it but clipper the ground rolling out when too low. Stripped the main gear and damaged the canopy but all fixed now.

I've just bought a new tail rotor hub as the old one didn't run that true and also bought some Spektrum gyro tape for the Rx but it is ridiculously expensive. I wounder if there is anything just as good but much cheaper.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in