Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #781 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
The flight system compensates for the CG, there's no need to add weight, that will only add to your collective issues..If anything, just move the battery forward. The collective issue may just be that you're used to bigger more powerful helis? You can set your travel adjust to 125. If that's not enough, you can adjust your throttle curve.
Do you recommend increasing both the POS and NEG to 125 or just the POS? Thanks
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #782 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbettkg View Post
Do you recommend increasing both the POS and NEG to 125 or just the POS? Thanks
Different radios have different settings for travel adjust, the DX6i for instance has an arrow for each direction of the stick. You will effectively increase the sensitivity of the stick by increasing the travel to 125 in both directions. If you just do it in one direction, you wont have equal reactions in positive and negative pitch.
Just to be clear, I'm talking about travel adjust, not expo or dual rates. I don't think expo/dual rate effects the pitch or throttle channel.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #783 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Different radios have different settings for travel adjust, the DX6i for instance has an arrow for each direction of the stick. You will effectively increase the sensitivity of the stick by increasing the travel to 125 in both directions. If you just do it in one direction, you wont have equal reactions in positive and negative pitch.
Just to be clear, I'm talking about travel adjust, not expo or dual rates. I don't think expo/dual rate effects the pitch or throttle channel.
OK, thanks. I thought that is what I should do. I have the DX7 G2 Tx. The TRAVEL ADJ has 100 over 100 on the screen rather than arrows but works the same as you described. I will give it a try.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #784 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just picked up my V2 today. It’s my first heli larger than an MSR X and a nano CPX. I flew 3 batteries tonight with no issues whatsoever and no crashes. Since I have a DX6i, all flying was in agility mode. I am beyond impressed with this thing. It instills so much confidence and trust. When coming from the nano, this heli allows you to swing the tail with such confidence and know what you angle will be coming out. I’m in love with the thing. By the third battery I was doing high speed fly-bys with control and stability.

I did not believe I would progress near as far as I did in three flights.

Kudos to Blade. They knocked it out of park with this one.
Cman likes this.
Mochocow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2018, 05:14 AM   #785 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochocow View Post
Just picked up my V2 today. Itís my first heli larger than an MSR X and a nano CPX. I flew 3 batteries tonight with no issues whatsoever and no crashes. Since I have a DX6i, all flying was in agility mode. I am beyond impressed with this thing. It instills so much confidence and trust. When coming from the nano, this heli allows you to swing the tail with such confidence and know what you angle will be coming out. Iím in love with the thing. By the third battery I was doing high speed fly-bys with control and stability.

Like you I found this heli really quite easy to fly after my 180cfx. I think all the smaller heli's are quite twitchy and fast to react but the 230 is more sedate in the sky. I also like its simplicity with no mechanical tail drive. This gets rid of a lot of complexity, reduces the parts count and potential sources of vibration and noise. Hence I also find the 230 a very quiet heli.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2018, 05:22 AM   #786 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went out and put three packs through my spare 230s today. It is quite windy so just really poodling around. I have found that I can get 5:25 minutes out of my 1000mAh Gens Ace batteries with this heli as it has the std 230s motor. My normal 230 has the larger Turnigy 4200 motor and I only get 4:25 with that. This said the Turnigy motor as quite a bit more punch in collective.

I've also been building up the RKH frame. I find this really easy to work with and its a pleasure not to have to use the self tapping screws. The only bit where you need the old self tapping screws is for the swash anti rotation guide and one of those screws stripped out in the guide but I found that it can be drilled out to 2mm and a blade nut and bolt can be used through the whole lot which has got to be stronger. Another thing I noticed is that all the bolts are only really just nipped up so it would be best to undo each bolt, add a small bit of loctite and then screw it up a bit firmer.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:53 PM   #787 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochocow View Post
Just picked up my V2 today. Itís my first heli larger than an MSR X and a nano CPX. I flew 3 batteries tonight with no issues whatsoever and no crashes. Since I have a DX6i, all flying was in agility mode. I am beyond impressed with this thing. It instills so much confidence and trust. When coming from the nano, this heli allows you to swing the tail with such confidence and know what you angle will be coming out. Iím in love with the thing. By the third battery I was doing high speed fly-bys with control and stability.

Congrats

The 230 is just a must have heli.
You can certainly give credit to the Nano tho.......such a twitchy little guy, but also the ultimate simulator. Sims are fine, but the Nano will advance you quickly.
The 230 as you found out is just a perfect flying machine in Agility mode.
A most enjoyable flyer.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #788 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I finished the build on the RKH frame today. I noticed that I had to shorten the control rods about three turns each to get zero pitch with the servos set to centre. On the test flight I ended up shortening the control rods one more turn to get the lift off point on the stick about one mark above centre. I then had a vibration and landed and found the tail boom had come loose as I'd missed tightening and loctiting two screws on the tail boom clamp so I just nipped them up and flew off again. I still noticed some blade tracking issues and every now and then a funny fluttering noise from the rotors. When I got home I changed them for a new set I had and what a difference. Much smoother and quieter.
Has anyone else had a duff set of rotors.
Cman likes this.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #789 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a little confused, are you still 0 pitch at center stick?

Old 08-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #790 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm a little confused, are you still 0 pitch at center stick?
Yes it is about zero pitch at centre stick. I don't really bother to spend ages setting the pitch statically because it is all about how the thing flies and at what point on the stick travel the heli leaves the ground. I like the heli to leave the ground at just above mid stick. What I do is just do some take offs and note where the stick is and adjust the servo rods until it lifts and starts to hover where I want. I think all these stability modes etc can give a false impressions when setting up in a static environment. I set the servos level using the servo centreing feature then set the swash level and the blades about neutral pitch at mid stick then start flying and fine tune from there.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:10 PM   #791 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
Yes it is about zero pitch at centre stick. I don't really bother to spend ages setting the pitch statically because it is all about how the thing flies and at what point on the stick travel the heli leaves the ground. I like the heli to leave the ground at just above mid stick. What I do is just do some take offs and note where the stick is and adjust the servo rods until it lifts and starts to hover where I want. I think all these stability modes etc can give a false impressions when setting up in a static environment. I set the servos level using the servo centreing feature then set the swash level and the blades about neutral pitch at mid stick then start flying and fine tune from there.
Wont that give it less negative pitch? Couldn't you do it through pitch curve, that way it's the same when inverted?

Old 08-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #792 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last iteration of these 230's. I bought three new ones back when they came out. After the next crash they will be officially retired. probably have three thousand flights on them. motors still strong. all electronics are solid including the servos. I'm flying without a canopy post, and cracked frame. Original skids, mains and swash. Thats about 35 cents a flight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	last.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	432.7 KB
ID:	753201  
BrokeDad likes this.

Last edited by jackovart; 08-12-2018 at 10:27 PM..
jackovart is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2018, 04:59 AM   #793 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Wont that give it less negative pitch? Couldn't you do it through pitch curve, that way it's the same when inverted?
Not really, it hovers upright at about one mark positive on the stick and inverted it hovers with about one mark negative. I would say if the heli lifts off at mid stick then you have a little too much positive pitch. At zero pitch the heli should not lift.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:28 AM   #794 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Not really, it hovers upright at about one mark positive on the stick and inverted it hovers with about one mark negative. I would say if the heli lifts off at mid stick then you have a little too much positive pitch. At zero pitch the heli should not lift.
0 pitch at midstick, by definition, means it shouldn't have lift. What I meant was, give a little more negative pitch below midstick, and a little more positive pitch above midstick by using your pitch curve settings.. That way you have equal positive and negative pitch. If you add positive pitch by adjusting the links, you have to be decreasing negative pitch.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:37 PM   #795 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
0 pitch at midstick, by definition, means it shouldn't have lift. What I meant was, give a little more negative pitch below midstick, and a little more positive pitch above midstick by using your pitch curve settings.. That way you have equal positive and negative pitch. If you add positive pitch by adjusting the links, you have to be decreasing negative pitch.
I understand but I am not sure on this DXe how to do that.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #796 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I understand but I am not sure on this DXe how to do that.
AH OK! I never reprogrammed a DXE, I don't know how adjustable they are. I know you can download different models, but I don't know if you can customize the settings.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #797 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got myself a new flying spot. Good friend of mine just happens to live on a plot of land most conducive for flying. It is a 200 yard bowl that descends about 100 feet over the flying distance. So you take off and fly down hill. Big open space. Going out tonight for some laps.
jackovart is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2018, 03:48 AM   #798 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackovart View Post
Got myself a new flying spot. Good friend of mine just happens to live on a plot of land most conducive for flying. It is a 200 yard bowl that descends about 100 feet over the flying distance. So you take off and fly down hill. Big open space. Going out tonight for some laps.
Lucky you that sounds great, I wish I had a bit of private land to use. I have to share with dog walkers and, now in the school holidays, lots of kids. Sometimes when I walk up to my field and see several people around I turn round and go home.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:44 PM   #799 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Upgrades/ New canopy

Hi all, Thanks to BrokeDad I got this 4503D Blaze canopy, thought I'd give it a try and its just dandy!!! I put a small piece of foam under the front landing gear support to attach the tab on the canopy to keep it from moving as it was rubbing on the main gear. I used some double sided foam tape to mount it and cut a slit for the tab, works great. The landing skids are the CF Microheli U type that raises the tail up a bit. All else is stock. That is an Admiral 1600mah 30c Batt with the lipo low voltage alarm on it. I had quite a time trying to fit that with the 1000 or 1300mah batts I use with the stock canopy, but this 450 canopy has loads of room, with the 1600mah I am getting 15 minutes of flight sport flying no 3d. Awesome visability as well. Balances spot on also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0778.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	753341   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0779.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	753342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0780.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	753343   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0781.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	753344  
BrokeDad likes this.
BgSkyFlyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #800 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks Great BgSkyFlyr !! I added a small piece of foam too. It's super quiet and really helps my old eyes see it better. I have white skids on mine from the 200S/SRX.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in