Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #941 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I've ordered a low voltage alarm as they are dead cheap. I looked at the BLH1554 stuff and that is way expensive so I don't really see myself going that route. I have looked at dolls house LED lighting

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dolls-Hou...UeA:rk:10:pf:0

Has anyone used these items on a heli, seem much cheaper and I could stick red on one side of the fin or tail boom and green on the other.
Don't know which country you live in, but a local shop in Belgium has the BLH1554 on sale (-50%) = 20 Euros

https://www.neverland.be/nl/Catalogu...ht-kit-upgrade

It really helps, I use it all the time on my 230S
Psycho_dad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2018, 07:12 PM   #942 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I just did inverted nose-in hovering. I’m at the point where I don’t have to think much about this orientation. My comfort level here is approaching my tail-in upright orientation.

On the sim I’m practicing inverted pirouettes. I find it pretty difficult. I’m definitely thinking hard the whole time.

My half flips to get inverted are getting pretty good (for me). I only do them using elevator; my attempts at aileron flips are laughable. Need more sim practice.

I’ve developed a bit of vibration in my tail. It’s also a bit askew relative to the body, even when powered off. Gonna disassemble and look for things out of wack. (Whack?)

I only fly at high head speed now (95% I think) and at 100% DR. About 15% expo.

Also tested out the Panic Recovery feature; something I haven’t done for a while. I don’t like that it drops in elevation if activated in inverted orientation. Going to only use Panic if I’m upright or up high; low and inverted would only lead to trouble.

I happened to also take out my Nano CP S today. I’m so much more reluctant to do things on my 230 S.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:28 AM   #943 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dusted off the Xmas cobwebs today and went for a fly. Very still conditions but poor light so kept it close. Still practicing backward upright flying and inverted forward flying. On the SIM I can now do inverted backward a little. I am focusing on stick movements to get my control orientation sorted and there are interesting patterns. With upright forward flying the rudder and aileron sticks move in the same direction to get and coordinated banked turn. This is the same for reverse inverted flying. With upright backward flying and also inverted forward flying the rudder and aileron sticks move in opposite directions for coordinated turns. Its getting there slowly.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 09:34 AM   #944 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
Today I just did inverted nose-in hovering. I’m at the point where I don’t have to think much about this orientation. My comfort level here is approaching my tail-in upright orientation.

On the sim I’m practicing inverted pirouettes. I find it pretty difficult. I’m definitely thinking hard the whole time.

My half flips to get inverted are getting pretty good (for me). I only do them using elevator; my attempts at aileron flips are laughable. Need more sim practice.

I’ve developed a bit of vibration in my tail. It’s also a bit askew relative to the body, even when powered off. Gonna disassemble and look for things out of wack. (Whack?)

I only fly at high head speed now (95% I think) and at 100% DR. About 15% expo.

Also tested out the Panic Recovery feature; something I haven’t done for a while. I don’t like that it drops in elevation if activated in inverted orientation. Going to only use Panic if I’m upright or up high; low and inverted would only lead to trouble.

I happened to also take out my Nano CP S today. I’m so much more reluctant to do things on my 230 S.
I always tend to go inverted using elevator and do a half back flip to get inverted.

The vibration is likely to be either a bent main shaft or feathering shaft. Both are easily straightened with a bit of patience.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:29 AM   #945 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its ages since anyone posted on this thread, I guess the winter weather is limiting flying.

This morning was perfect flying weather here in the south east UK. A frosty sunny morning around 32F but absolutely dead calm, not a breath of wind. I flew 6 packs before duty called and made a lot of progress on inverted flying, going fwd and backwards. I am now moving on to hover still in the air whilst pirouetting. This should eventually allow me to do accurate prio flips which at the moment elude me. I can so slow flips where start tail in and rotate the heli half a turn at the same time as flipping fwd to inverted, so the heli ends up nose in to me inverted. Again I can flip back upright but I cant seem to keep the heli spinning whilst doing these consecutive piro flips.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:04 AM   #946 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been flying, but no longer own a 230s. Here's some snow storm flying on sat.
Flew my logo 550sx after this. That was enough. Between the snow all over my face and cold hands, it was enough for the day.

Oxy 4 Max in the snow after last weeks crash (6 min 5 sec)
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #947 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just looked at mine hanging there on the wall and was wishing for warmer weather.
Brick likes this.

Last edited by jackovart; 01-21-2019 at 07:46 PM..
jackovart is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2019, 06:22 AM   #948 (permalink)
Registered Users

It certainly looks cold flying in the snow but a good flight at least.

I took mine out again this morning but there was a breeze across the field and it was a bit turbulent, so just a bit of poodling about and practicing hovering while pirouetting. After two packs my fingers were going numb so it was just 3 packs today and home for a hot coffee.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #949 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did I do today?

Sorry guys, it was 71 degrees here today so I did 9 flights and then came home. I have a cold so I'm not up to par, but had to get out of the house for some fresh air.
I took my new t-rex 470l to maiden and found I don't have enough positive pitch so I guess I have to go through the set up menu again for the hundredth time. Maybe some day I'll figure it out.
tryinghelirandy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2019, 06:19 PM   #950 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghelirandy View Post
Sorry guys, it was 71 degrees here today so I did 9 flights and then came home. I have a cold so I'm not up to par, but had to get out of the house for some fresh air.
I took my new t-rex 470l to maiden and found I don't have enough positive pitch so I guess I have to go through the set up menu again for the hundredth time. Maybe some day I'll figure it out.
Do you have a thread about your lack of positive pitch somewhere? I expect the issue is easy to fix once the cause can be found.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #951 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't, but now that you mention it, I do remember that thread, but I didn't read it. I'll look for it. Thanks
tryinghelirandy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2019, 08:34 PM   #952 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am also ready for some warmer & drier weather . if it is not raining...it's freezing
Old 02-08-2019, 10:33 AM   #953 (permalink)
Registered Users

Full on surgery last night. My recently purchased nightfly version is now upgraded to a full V2 setup with an upgraded motor. Even the main frame is a V2 as they swapped to the new frame on the night flyer.

I was planning on just adding a V2 ESC and the new motor but got the opportunity to swap the plastic bottom ar636 from my heli to a guy who reflashes them for aircraft use, for a new V2 230s controller as it won’t make any substantive difference for his plane use which one he uses.

The motor is the slightly larger SRX200 motor BLH2650 with a few mm longer stator and needs a new pinion because the stock one is stepped. The KV is only very slightly higher (80kv) so stayed with a 12t pinion the same as stock. with the longer can requiring re-routing of the motor wires to the side of the frame as there is no room under the motor for them.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #954 (permalink)
Registered Users

New 230s V2, lengthened the ESC wires and added XT30 plug as of last night.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:27 AM   #955 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite View Post
New 230s V2, lengthened the ESC wires and added XT30 plug as of last night.
I was thinking of adding XT60 connectors to my 230 S V2 so I could run my Oxy 2's batteries on it. Did you lengthen the ESC wires because you had to cut off the red JST-whatever connector?
Old 02-12-2019, 11:13 AM   #956 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
I was thinking of adding XT60 connectors to my 230 S V2 so I could run my Oxy 2's batteries on it. Did you lengthen the ESC wires because you had to cut off the red JST-whatever connector?
Yes I did and I put a Microheli motor in it also so the longer wires helped because I had to run them around the bigger motor. I also put XT30 on my Oxy2 That JST plug is a joke, I think HH does that just so ppl void the warranty
Old 02-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #957 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, and the battery wires look really thin to me. I'm surprised they can handle the current for the 3S batteries it uses.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #958 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just made an adapter so I could run my Oxy 3 Pulse batteries in the 230's. If I were doing hard 3D I'd probably change out the JST.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #959 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I just made an adapter so I could run my Oxy 3 Pulse batteries in the 230's. If I were doing hard 3D I'd probably change out the JST.
Honest question to you both. If I just change out the connector, there's still the little baby wires running to the ESC. Would you all try to replace those with thicker gauge wires too (meaning removing the battery wires from the ESC and re-soldering, or just replacing the connector is good enough if I stick with stock motor?
Old 02-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #960 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never had the stock wires get hot even on 90F+ degree days. An adapter does add another point of possible resistance but for myself it works fine. Sometimes though it's been hard to pull the JST plug off the battery even when not using the adapter. My Oxy 3 lipos are Pulse 1350's.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in