Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree207Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2019, 08:52 PM   #1101 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just flew it. Great little practice heli.
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #1102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 230s

I made a purchase agreement on another board. Should have it by friday
hobbit840 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2019, 12:14 AM   #1103 (permalink)
Registered Users

@Brick: seems You are very unlucky. I have purchased the Microheli 3-Blade a Year ago for my Scale Conversion AS350. No Problems with it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	43.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	812679 Click image for larger version

Name:	51.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	812681 Click image for larger version

Name:	45.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	812683
I allso use that MH CNC Main Gear in another Conversion, MD520N Notar Tail. Mine runs well, reducing unwanted Noise in that Scale Body.

Name:	NOTAR Trainer.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	812685 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190829_121228~2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	812687
The_Fox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2019, 01:31 AM   #1104 (permalink)
Registered Users

@The-Fox, Good For You Man !
Old 09-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #1105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took my V1 to the field this morning, only did 2 packs due to wind, did some flips and inverted hovering, starting to get comfortable inverted. Had to use bailout once due to poor lighting hazing and cloud cover. I am not sure if it is the wind or me but in forward flight it seemed to baloon up during gusts.

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #1106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman View Post
I am not sure if it is the wind or me but in forward flight it seemed to baloon up during gusts.

Helicopters definitely become more efficient generating lift when a gust of wind happens. My 230s v2 goes up and down like a yoyo when its windy. Have to be really ready with the collective.
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2019, 05:37 AM   #1107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had the first crash with my 230s yesterday. Was showing off cutting the grass on the runway which was already very short. Held it right on the ground for about 30 seconds sitting in the cushion you get when almost touching the ground before it just went to low and pulled into the grass. Lol.

Main gear, tail blade and a very small dint on the boom look like the only damage. Only issue is I will have to re-setup the head as it’s a V1 airframe and I have a V2 maingear which changes the mast height so needs all the links readjusted.

//Dennis
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #1108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got done flying my 230s v2 for the first time. Disclaimer it was in a fixed pitch setup up. As I have alwasys been more comfterbale with fixed pitch. But so far I am loving it much more stable then any of my nano/micro heli's. Actually gives me the confidence to really start learning how to fly CP more. But we will see after I change it back over and have a couple flights. Mostly did tail in hovering in a 16ft circle in my back yard.

Later in the day my girls (11&13) were asking me to fly it again. So I thought it would be cool for them to get a FPV of me flying. So I hooked up a mini camera and let them wear the head set while I was flying. They loved it, I scared them a couple times by making the heli raise and fall fast.
Krugerw357 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2019, 05:57 PM   #1109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Krugerw357, I still have an OLD Compy FP heli that I still fly around once in awhile. it's how it all got started for me
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	compy 025.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	816951  
Old 09-23-2019, 03:49 AM   #1110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I flew & had my 1st crash...

Pics of the aftermath below, I hit a sign and the heli fell into the bushes. It was my 4th time at the field with the heli, 8th battery pack overall, and I got a little too bold while trying some inverted maneuvers... To make matters worse, I didn't find the panic button in time, I should have practiced locating it ... I managed to hit the throttle hold though and remarkably the only damage was one blade grip, the feathering shaft was bent, canopy, and the boom. Nothing else was even scratched and the electronics are fine, from the sound when I hit the sign you would have expected more carnage! Pics of the damage:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	230s_1B.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	817233   Click image for larger version

Name:	230s_2B.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	817235  
Old 09-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #1111 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh dear that's unfortunate. One thing I do to save canopy's is to put cellotape on the inside of the canopy. It stops them tearing apart. Ok it ads a little bit of weight but it definitely lengthens the life of the canopy. As for the rest grips and tail booms are par for the course. I now use the knitting needles as they are half the price of factory tail booms.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #1112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First time out in 8 weeks

I've had a little break from this hobby. The children's summer vacation means they were playing in the field where I normally fly and also the farmer had a tall crop of wheat this year so I didn't fancy the potential of losing the heli in the field. It was sunny and a bit breezy but despite the down time the heli went faultlessly and I got rid of some rust from my flying skills. Just mainly straight and level with a few flips for today. These helis are very good for the sport flyer and low maintenance.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:19 AM   #1113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
oh dear that's unfortunate. One thing I do to save canopy's is to put cellotape on the inside of the canopy. It stops them tearing apart. Ok it ads a little bit of weight but it definitely lengthens the life of the canopy. As for the rest grips and tail booms are par for the course. I now use the knitting needles as they are half the price of factory tail booms.
Today I just ordered the new parts, and a fancy canopy after the crash posted above. Will post the pics of the upgraded/repaired heli when I have time to do the repairs. And Allan, I normally use amazing goop and yellow drywall tape to strengthen the inside of the weak blade stock canopies (a method I use for RC car bodies as well).
Old 09-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #1114 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got a little too bold and too low today my self, I was Inverted and trying to show off in a park and could pull out of it in time, it went down hard, Cracked front of frame under skids ( reminds me of my first V1 Hard landing..lol) 1-Blade Grip, MH CFTail blade, and cracked one of my beloved CF Zeal 238s .. and cracked canopy.. I think i will just CA frame for now , tape inside canopy and put stock tail rotor and main blades back on and fly tomorrow, I should have blade grip in stock..Will shop for alternate new CF blades..Cant get the 238s anymore..
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #1115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Changed front servo. It was rotating okay one direction, but had very strong resistance the opposite way. Need to test now.
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 10:52 PM   #1116 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Put my v1 back together after a long hiatus today, prolly havent flown it in six months (long story). Dropped a new esc in it it and replaced all the cheapo Phillips screws with M2x8 and M2x12 Allen head screws. They bite a lot better and are easier to remove (no stripping). Replaced mainshaft and maingear as well. Thing flies like a rock now, no vibes at all.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX18, 07 Harley Road King, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2019, 08:02 AM   #1117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where do you get your bolts from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Put my v1 back together after a long hiatus today, prolly havent flown it in six months (long story). Dropped a new esc in it it and replaced all the cheapo Phillips screws with M2x8 and M2x12 Allen head screws. They bite a lot better and are easier to remove (no stripping). Replaced mainshaft and maingear as well. Thing flies like a rock now, no vibes at all.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #1118 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
Where do you get your bolts from?
Got mine off of ebay. Just search for M2x8, etc and look for the threaded bolts. Or in this case, self tapping screws. Order Allen head or torx, that way its a lot harder to strip the head as opposed to phillips. As I'm impatient, I look at the vendor and order from US vendors. If you have time, you can get them in larger quantities with better prices on the slow boat from China

Over time I ordered some several other sizes as well for other helis.

I just did both of my G380 the same way, using stainless steel bolts a couple days ago.

I think the ones I used to secure the boom were m2x12.

Btw you can get them on Amazon as well though their selection appears more limited
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX18, 07 Harley Road King, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott

Last edited by Diogenes; 10-14-2019 at 08:23 PM..
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #1119 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spent several flights today practicing some "Freddie can fly" stuff. I'm trying to do these flips where you start upright and first pitch nose down to flip inverted then rotate the tail 180 degrees and then pitch nose down again (nose goes up as the heli is inverted) to flip over back upright. It looks a good maneuver but I struggle to keep the heli stationary relative to the ground. This is what a lot of 3D people do. The heli can be girating all over the place but relative to the ground it is almost still in the air. I guess l'll keep practicing.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #1120 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew mine this morning. 2 packs. Was fun! Some inverted hovering. Some circuits. 230s v2 just likes to stay in the air.
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in