Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 03:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Request for Bailout function in phoenix

Can phoenix team develop bailout function in their flybarless system in phoenix.

Like have in Bravian demon and spirit fbl unit out there.

That will be AA plus feature for phoenix simulation helicopter pilots.
Thanks
jangee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1

I setup my rescue switch to reset the model, so at least I can avoid a crash, but a true rescue would be much appreciated.
FrankFuss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2015, 12:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's pretty much there with the "Active Flybarless" setting.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashjack View Post
It's pretty much there with the "Active Flybarless" setting.
Thanks for pointing that out. In my Control Profile I assigned my rescue switch channel to the "Flybarless mode" Control. Then setting the model's "Flybarless active response" to 500% and "Flybarless active delay" to 0% gives a decent rescue response. Now I have to program my TX to add positive collective.

There is also "Flybarless active inverted" that could be used, but my TX would not know which direction to apply collective in this case. In other word, it would be best if I could setup rescue with a climb-out at both an upright or inverted attitude, but at least rescue to an upright attitude with a climb-out is good.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same thing I did... didn't invoke the inverted bailout and programmed some pitch through a mix in my transmitter.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankFuss View Post
There is also "Flybarless active inverted" that could be used, but my TX would not know which direction to apply collective in this case. In other word, it would be best if I could setup rescue with a climb-out at both an upright or inverted attitude, but at least rescue to an upright attitude with a climb-out is good.
I decided to use the "Flybarless active inverted" option. On my TX I setup a switch that will determine which collective, positive or negative, is applied, depending on which orientation, upright or inverted, I am using during my practice session. In this case I get used to the correct rescue response. It does not work for trying things that involve both orientations, but it is better that always rescuing upright if that is not what you are using for real.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangee View Post
Can phoenix team develop bailout function in their flybarless system in phoenix.

Like have in Bravian demon and spirit fbl unit out there.

That will be AA plus feature for phoenix simulation helicopter pilots.
Thanks
I worked out how to do this on RF over a year ago. (Many models freely available with 3SX style bailout on that).

AccuRC has rescue feature available now too.

Phoenix, being a premium simulator, seems a little behind the curve on this one.

Odd thing is, that programmatically it should be fairly easy to do as Phoenix already has a self-level option. (Active Flybarless)

(I have a setting in my TX (Taranis) that when I hit rescue it goes full collective; negative if below half stick, positive if above half stick. The setting also locks out the cyclic. It simulates rescue with the Active inverted, but it not perfect),

Roll on 5.0.x
Old 06-16-2015, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
(I have a setting in my TX (Taranis) that when I hit rescue it goes full collective; negative if below half stick, positive if above half stick. The setting also locks out the cyclic. It simulates rescue with the Active inverted, but it not perfect),
Thanks, another great idea. I will see if I can setup my TX (Jeti DS-16) to do the same.

P.S. Yes, I was able to get this to work. I think that this will work just fine for me until I can upgrade my PC and try AccuRC.

Last edited by FrankFuss; 06-16-2015 at 04:31 PM..
Old 04-30-2016, 05:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankFuss View Post
+1

I setup my rescue switch to reset the model, so at least I can avoid a crash, but a true rescue would be much appreciated.
Dude! Nice! That's a very good way to train yourself. Of course I too would rather have the real thing. But, after this morning. Damn. I was doing very simple right side up mellow figure eights. I don't know what happened. I thought the days of crashing while right side up were over a long time ago. Nope. I got a bit of orientation confusion and that shook me up as well as had me heading towards the ground at a not very steep angle. Well, I suppose I had brain fart lock-up because without doing very much to counter it, I watched as I skipped across the ground like a rock on a lake.

I just got my trex 450 set up last weekend with Spirit Pro. I also just tested the rescue function in ACRO from an inverted position and it worked great. So, why didn't I hit the switch this time? Other than a sort of panic from a bit of orientation loss I couldn't tell you. All I know is that it sucks.

I haven't crashed doing something this easy since I had just started flying. What a bummer. I came home thinking I need to find a way use Phoenix to train myself to automatically hit the switch.

I understand Real Flight can do it. Not yet with Phoenix though. Oh well.
justwannahavefun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in