Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.)

Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.) Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Unstable #3 motor on Naze32

Hi all,
can anyone give me an idea what is causing this problem?
I recently flashed my Afro 12A ESC's with BL Heli 14.5, also flashed my Naze 32 with Betaflight 2.5.
Checked through all settings in clean flight and made adjustments as required to config + Receiver + Modes + motors calibrations ect.
All seams to be working fine with orientation & flight controls.

The problem;
The motors run up ok but when stick is left at just above 'mid' stick, #3 motor RPM climbs up very slowly until full rpm & stays there, the other motors rpm move in synch with THR stick but will not reach full RPM, when stick is retarded all motors synch & drop to idle. Moving the Cyclic & Rudder all motors respond as expected. Only #3 seams unstable.

I nave swopped all ESC's & what ever ESC is connected to the Naze #3 position … slowly climbs to full rpm.
I borrowed a Naze 32 board with the latest Naze firmware, did the setup & test, the problem is the same….what ever ESC / motor is connected to the Naze. #3 position- motor climbs to full rpm.
Individually all motors and ESC's are working normal.
Any ideas on this please?

Ps, i am using one shot + damping, Ive tried disabling the one shot but still the same no change.

Last edited by berley114; 06-02-2016 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: added more info.
berley114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi all,
i have it sorted now, after going over all the settings yet again, i couldn't find a problem with any of my settings.
I then checked the settings and motor functions display on my other 210 racer, i found that in clean flight on the motor section, on this 210 #2 motor was fluctuating and going to full RPM, which after some thought,it would seams this is normal.

I have now done a flight test of my 250 racer that i thought, had a problem.
It fly's very nice so all is good & very happy with the BLHeli & Beta flight firmware.

I would guess that the motor functions (just visual in the clean flight, not actually running) whilst the quad is at rest on a table is similar to what you get from a heli FBL controller when the heli is at rest on a table, the swash sometimes will move full throw ect. ??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in