Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianStockton3 View Post
It was bad language on my part and not very clear. I was referring to your push rod and ball links. They ride higher than mine not your boom. Yours looks as if it sits fine. It's bad that mine sits low. To measure how hard the contact is, I placed a piece of stripped paper where the ball links contact the boom at full right and left rudder. The contact at full right rudder is not as hard as it is at full left rudder. At full right rudder the paper removes easily with just a little bit of pinch, that I can live with. At full left rudder it is a very hard pinch and the paper slightly rips before it is fully removed. Also, there are times at left rudder that the ball link gets stuck on the edge of the boom when trying to return to neutral or center.

This has baffled me and I have gotten frustrated having to remove and reinstall so often in an attempt to work this out. I've even broken a screw off in the tail boom chassis gear box making adjustments.

NOTE: Breaking a screw off is VERY!, VERY!, VERY!, BAD. The hex screws are made of harden steel and they DO NOT DRILL OUT. The only way to remove a screw and save the part is to use a EMI or Mill machine, neither of which I have. I do however have access to a milling machine but I've chosen to take the low road and ordered the part.

That being said, I am encouraged to see that your installation is going or has gone well. I know that I will get there. Eddi E. from aus.g tagged me back on the Mikado support form suggesting that the boom may need to be modified.

He says, "If the custom boom cover touches moving parts, it simply does not fit perfectly. So sand or dremel off enough to make it fit. That could matter technically, the carbon could else damage the bell crank."

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Got a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2016, 06:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the servo mount a little differently to secure my canopy. It leave a little galago where it meets the boom, but I'm ok with it.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:19 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

@gtrsteele it looks great and it also looks like you got the clearance you were looking for?

Just as a side note i dont know if you noticed but i actually bent my servo mounts to create a downwards angle which causes the canopy to mount better on the pins. It seems from the pictures your canopy is slightly strained and this caused my old canopy to crack. Bending the servo mounts may release this tension slightly. Just a thought

Also consider the quick release mounts as they really work like a charm and i highly recommend them. Completely gets rid of canopy cracking problem.
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippie13 View Post
@gtrsteele it looks great and it also looks like you got the clearance you were looking for?

Just as a side note i dont know if you noticed but i actually bent my servo mounts to create a downwards angle which causes the canopy to mount better on the pins. It seems from the pictures your canopy is slightly strained and this caused my old canopy to crack. Bending the servo mounts may release this tension slightly. Just a thought

Also consider the quick release mounts as they really work like a charm and i highly recommend them. Completely gets rid of canopy cracking problem.

I tried bending the servo mounts and broke one. Argh.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this where i silently dissapear

Oh well i hope you ordered some more....and go slow with the bending this time
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2016, 07:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol. Of course I ordered more. Luckily Mikadousa is only a hour from me so standard delivery is overnight

Old 10-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just received my boom cover as well. Couple initial questions.

1) The boom comes with one single 3.2 x 9 spacer washer. The instructions say that for the 800, washers are not needed on the inside of the boom cover at the front. That is only for the 700 since it has thinner frames. Is this correct or does the 800 require these 4 washers as well?

2) Expanding on the above, the instructions show a picture for where the single spacer I received goes, but is extremely unclear. There is only a single picture of the rear tail case with the washer just kind of resting on top of it. WTF? Where does this washer go? And why is it even needed?

Thanks.
OXY rep
DCflyer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
I just received my boom cover as well. Couple initial questions.

1) The boom comes with one single 3.2 x 9 spacer washer. The instructions say that for the 800, washers are not needed on the inside of the boom cover at the front. That is only for the 700 since it has thinner frames. Is this correct or does the 800 require these 4 washers as well?

2) Expanding on the above, the instructions show a picture for where the single spacer I received goes, but is extremely unclear. There is only a single picture of the rear tail case with the washer just kind of resting on top of it. WTF? Where does this washer go? And why is it even needed?

Thanks.

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone with a boom cover on their 800 out there?
OXY rep
Old 10-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Carbon Fiber Tail Boom Cover

When I put my cover on I didn't use any of the washers.
AdrianStockton3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianStockton3 View Post
When I put my cover on I didn't use any of the washers.
Cool thanks. What about the tiny single washer that it shows in the instructions going in the rear tail case area........any idea? Use that one or no?...if so, where/why?
OXY rep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in