Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Video of me hovering the v977 in kitchen

Hope its ok to add a video here?
Me trying to hover the v977 today, (day 3 of my 1st heli)

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Last edited by mreco99; 12-28-2016 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: typo
mreco99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreco99 View Post
Me trying to hover the v977 today, (day 3 of my 1st heli)
Congrats on a good hover!

A couple tips if you don't know already...and if you do, then great! Flying so close to the floor, you are hovering in ground effect. This means that you make a bit of a cushion of air that gives you extra lift. I think you will find that the heli tends to 'bounce' off of that cushion as it descends. This happens when you have not quite enough collective to keep the heli hovering but the extra lift from ground effect nudges you back up. This will give a slightly odd and slippery feeling to the cyclic controls. It's ok for learning real basic controls but the heli will feel more 'honest' (collective, especially) and stable if you get it 2' or more off the ground. So once you're comfortable with pushing the heli around a bit tail-in in ground effect, take it up to waist/chest height someplace with a soft landing area. It will feel like a different bird

Welcome to helis!
RCHN #825
Gaui X5,KX110,Blade 180 cfx
bredler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2016, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Bredler, and facinating info thanks.

Do you notice the tail slightly drifts anticlockwise, i have to correct it. is that normal?
Old 12-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's how it all starts. Keep it up and and don't give up
Old 12-28-2016, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks Bredler, and facinating info thanks.

Do you notice the tail slightly drifts anticlockwise, i have to correct it. is that normal?
Something may need to be adjusted. I'm not familiar with that model, but it isn't normal to have to constantly apply rudder to keep from rotating. Enjoy, you are in for some fun!
slogoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2016, 04:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

HI Slogoat,
Not really constantly applying correction, just when hovering probably correct every 30 seconds, maybe thats normal
Old 12-28-2016, 11:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
HI Slogoat,
Not really constantly applying correction, just when hovering probably correct every 30 seconds, maybe thats normal
Yeah, seems ok. Could be user-induced...i.e. You're pushing on the rudder just a bit without realizing it and it drifts. Either way, this doesn't seem like enough that you'll notice it in actual flight with a micro.

Could also be a mechanical setup issue. My k110 is coming in the mail now, so I don't have any info on how to correct with this particular model. I would just fly it for now and see if the drift persists as you fly more. Like I said, if it's you then it'll go away with practice. If it's mechanical, it's only worth correcting if you want to and/or if it gets annoying.
RCHN #825
Old 12-29-2016, 02:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good chance of anything being user induced at the moment.
If not, is this the sort of thing that can (or should) be trimmed out?
Old 12-29-2016, 02:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Good chance of anything being user induced at the moment.
If not, is this the sort of thing that can (or should) be trimmed out?
Not with 'trims' on your tx. FBL controllers interpret trim as a command input and can do all kinds of unpleasant things that you don't want.

Micros tend to each have their own funny things that cause issues like a tail drift or wag or cyclic bobble etc. On big helis, the solutions are fairly universal but with micros the solutions are pretty model specific since construction/design varies a lot (spindle needs to be looser/tighter, glue this thing in place, do xyz to reduce vibes...it can be tweaky stuff like these that isn't readily apparent). If it seems like a real problem do some searching and start a thread about it if all else fails.
RCHN #825
Old 12-29-2016, 03:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Thanks for the reply.
Whats FBL? and so does that mean i shouldn't be touching the trims at all for anything? The manufacturer put them there so i assume they have some use.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found it, flybarless.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good start there fella. get it higher and stand up! learn to hit throttle hold when things go pear shape.

Get yourself a flight sim, it will help you progress quickly.

keep up the good work mate
Futaba 8FG
JAG1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 06:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Jag, thanks for the feedback.
Keeping it low indoors. Ive hit the worktop once, and killed the main plastic cog (didnt stay on after that, used the spare, now ordered some replacement parts and 6 batteries)

Outdoors im standing and its flying at head height, but alas teh grass is pretty wet at the moment, not going to risk frying the electrics.

Id love to get the sim, but ive got no feedback on a controller yet. My V977 controller doesnt seem to have a port to connect to PC. Ive downloaded heli-x but corse cant use it with no controller.

Need advise on a cheap (but adequate) controller.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Jag, thanks for the feedback.
Keeping it low indoors. Ive hit the worktop once, and killed the main plastic cog (didnt stay on after that, used the spare, now ordered some replacement parts and 6 batteries)

Outdoors im standing and its flying at head height, but alas teh grass is pretty wet at the moment, not going to risk frying the electrics.

Id love to get the sim, but ive got no feedback on a controller yet. My V977 controller doesnt seem to have a port to connect to PC. Ive downloaded heli-x but corse cant use it with no controller.

Need advise on a cheap (but adequate) controller.
You could get a RTF K110. It shares many parts with your V977 and you are sure to destroy your first heli like the rest of us did. The XK X6 radio is S-FHSS and I don't own a V977 so don't know if it would control it. That radio does have an out jack and is very cheap. I take one of mine to work for simming. I don't worry about it being damaged. If I traveled I'd take it too and it could be replaced cheap if lost or stolen.

If you had the funds I'd suggest a Spektrum DX6 or DX8. You will eventually need a good radio.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 09:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool video, I'm surprised you didn't have an audience over there by the fridge.

Not to hijack, but that's a good idea on the k110, I hadn't considered it. It's just $100 I wouldn't put towards a blade with spektrum compatibility. The sim idea is solid though. Can you bind that TX to other FHSS stuff?
HateTheDrake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 10:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
You could get a RTF K110. It shares many parts with your V977 and you are sure to destroy your first heli like the rest of us did. The XK X6 radio is S-FHSS and I don't own a V977 so don't know if it would control it. That radio does have an out jack and is very cheap. I take one of mine to work for simming. I don't worry about it being damaged. If I traveled I'd take it too and it could be replaced cheap if lost or stolen.

If you had the funds I'd suggest a Spektrum DX6 or DX8. You will eventually need a good radio.
Thanks BrokeDad,
I gasped when i read "sure to destroy your first heli..." Its my first born !
As much as id like to splurge on a DX6 (it looks nice is all i know) we just had Christmas you know.

K110 like this one? looks like mine.
http://www.rcmoment.com//bnf-bind-an...vqoaAi9O8P8HAQ

I guess if theres no port on my TX, its impossible to use for a sim?
Am i possibly just not seeing the port?

Last edited by mreco99; 12-29-2016 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: extra question
Old 12-29-2016, 11:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateTheDrake View Post
Cool video, I'm surprised you didn't have an audience over there by the fridge.

Not to hijack, but that's a good idea on the k110, I hadn't considered it. It's just $100 I wouldn't put towards a blade with spektrum compatibility. The sim idea is solid though. Can you bind that TX to other FHSS stuff?
I think they ran for their lives!!
Old 12-29-2016, 12:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

The XK X6 (K110 radio) does have 10 model memory. I know it can bind to other S-FHSS models like the new Align 150X. It was just a thought if you didn't want to splurge on a DX6. The XK K110 will use a lot of the parts your V977 will end up being. Both of them share stuff but not all.

The radio does have programming like throttle and pitch curves, D/R, Expo, etc. It also has a backlight. The biggest PIA about it is no timer. S-FHSS is an OLD Futaba protocol so keep that in mind. The latest is I think FAAAST.

I didn't run.. I was off buying a 3rd mini VBar from a member here and brain farting working with my HW programmer box. Had a DUH moment.

No port = no sim use.

P.S. Your link was for a BNF .. to get the radio you would need to buy the RTF.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great info thanks.

I don't really want to spend that much out for another chopper to get the TX just yet really

If anyone knows anyone who is selling (any) 2nd hand controller they don't need anymore, that will work with a sim, please let me know. I expect there is a thread for that somewhere lol.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could keep an eye out for an older DX6i. It's still a decent radio and can be had really cheap used. That would get you into the Blade helis like the 230S as a next step before moving on to a kit heli.

I see a couple of those already for sale here but they are in the US. One is $80 with new gimbels and one is $90.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in