Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JR radio setup with vbar Neo and castle gov

Hi all
I am trying to setup my vbar neo on JR radio. The problem is that I cannot get the throttle signal in normal mode on flat 30 curve. I am using external governor of castle 160.
However, the throttle works on idel ups especially where the throttle output is above 70, I am using flat curves of 30 for normal, 70 for IU1 and 100 for IU2. Why is the throttle not working in normal mode while the curve is flat 30. Are there any setups required for external gov in vbar neo, because the governor is disabled but the external governor bar is still active on the main page of vbar. Urgent help is required
thanks
faisalmalik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2016, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You are using XBus B? The throttle on the Neo does not follow the TX at all. You need to set the output per bank in the NEO. All TC's in your TX are now not used anymore.

See TX setup here http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1947
Old hand at Planks
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 06:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi. The problem I face here is that I am totally new to vbar, so no knowledge of bank switching etc. I also contacted Mikado for this who referred me to their FAQ thread on vbar settings. here is the copy pasted part

NEO and 3rd party radio - external Gov ESC setup:
Setup / Receiver:

The Motor Switch is a 3-Position Switch with the positions -100/0/+100 or 0/50/100 = OFF / IDLE / RUN.
The channel is split in three segments, so in the case of 0/50/100, it switches at about 33 % from OFF to IDLE and at about 66 % from IDLE to RUN (thinking in terms of throttle stick / throttle curve).

There is NO coupling between throttle curve and ESC when set up the recommended way, but

you switch head speeds using the Bank Switch -100/0/+100 or 0/50/100 = Bank 1/2/3—and the Motor Switch in RUN position—between three throttle-%ages or requested head speeds that you enter on the main page of the VBar Software in the Governor box.

If you switch the Motor Switch from ON to IDLE, the throttle value Autorotation from the main page will be output (as autorotation idle / bailout).

To set up the ESC use the panel Gov. II in the Setup, Throttle Servo adjustment, ONLY now you have coupling between the throttle / collective stick (with the pitch curve stored in the transmitter) to set up the the ESC. This setting remains active until you deactivate it, so you can also disconnect the ESC (if necessary, including BEC) from the battery to bring it into programming mode.

ALTERNATIVE

You can also enter the channel number of the throttle channel from the transmitter on the Setup panel / Receiver for channel AUX 3, and connect the Master of the ESC to AUX 3
This way you have throttle control from the transmitter as before.
Note then that you have to make sure the failsafe settings in the transmitter (and test failsafe!), and that you should assign an additional channel to the Motor Switch, which is operated together with the throttle settings.
Background: this way VStabi 'knows' when the model is powered and when not, and writes log file entries when the motor is actuated, and adjusts inter alia the control loop in the autorotation somewhat.

The last FAQ gives some hint but again I need some more elaborate explanation of that. It says connecting ESC to Aux3 can probably be easier to setup. But how to do it. Someone very kindly should explain if possible. Please be mindful that I am using castle governor. I have bought three vbar neos bought for my Goblin KSE kits but if I don't understand this than all investment is a total waste.
Thanks
Old 08-11-2016, 08:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation

Let me know if i understood correctly.

You mean to say we will be needing a switch to run the motor and all the banks will control headspeeds. Like we have to set uo bank 1,2,3 to IU1,2,3.

There will be no Throttle curve in the TX.

Just like we use the Vbar neo internal governor. We have to assign a separate switch for the motor and banks control the Headspeeds.

Once coming for landing we cannot spool down until we hit the motor switch button to OFF position.Once the motor switch is on and the motor is running we can fly however we want in any bank mode and then to stop the motor that switch has to be turned off in order to shut the motor.

Is this correct.

Regards
Team Pilot KDlipo Batteries.
Helimaster1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helimaster1 View Post
Let me know if i understood correctly.

You mean to say we will be needing a switch to run the motor and all the banks will control headspeeds. Like we have to set uo bank 1,2,3 to IU1,2,3.

There will be no Throttle curve in the TX.

Just like we use the Vbar neo internal governor. We have to assign a separate switch for the motor and banks control the Headspeeds.

Once coming for landing we cannot spool down until we hit the motor switch button to OFF position.Once the motor switch is on and the motor is running we can fly however we want in any bank mode and then to stop the motor that switch has to be turned off in order to shut the motor.

Is this correct.

Regards
Hello. That's the thing I am also trying to get. This method has been referred to me by Mikado help. This is mentioned in their help section of neo. However there seems a still hope in the alternative part, where what I understand is we use Aux3 for ESC plug and rest curves in the ESC stay the same like old fashioned way. Still I don't know how if collective controls the motor or only effects the pitch. This is so confusing man
Any desperate help is needed before I throw the units away.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lets wait and see what others have to say.

Personally i dont like that way to run the motor separately with a switch.

I am running a neo with futaba sbus and it is just as simple as it is.

Same old fashioned Throttle curves.
Team Pilot KDlipo Batteries.
Helimaster1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually very easy to understand the Neo way of doing things..

OLD HOLD/CUT = NEO MOTOR SWITCH
OLD TC= NEO BANK SWITCHING, coupled to your flightmode switch.
OLD TC percentages = NEO THROTLLE VALUE in diffirent banks.

All the above is true if you use internal OR external governor for electric motor.

Now if you want to use your TX throttle curve, you map the throttle channel to AUX3 in the Neo and plug your ESC into AUX3 port. Now the ESC is controlled the old fashioned way and you can use HOLD/CUT as before, BUT the NEO still needs to see motor RUN signal for internal processing, so just mix motor switch to your HOLD/CUT switch.

Just a new and diffirent way of naming and using the old terminology....
Old hand at Planks
Old 08-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

A very helpful hint indeed. What I've done is assigned a motor switch. Assigned three way bank switch to flight mode switch. Rest is all best. What's new for me here is that I need to switch the motor on with a switch and not with collective as like before or as with my other helis
Cheers
Old 08-18-2016, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using a XG14 radio and xbus rx on my NEO.
As far as I understand you set up your TH-switch or a three way switch of your choosing to control motor -off -idle -run.
Then your "flightmode" switch controls your banks, where you set your headspeeds for each bank.
That's the way I did it and it works like a charm I'm still new to the NEO but the E-gov works fantastic compared to the internal CastleGov.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaarden View Post
I'm using a XG14 radio and xbus rx on my NEO.
As far as I understand you set up your TH-switch or a three way switch of your choosing to control motor -off -idle -run.
Then your "flightmode" switch controls your banks, where you set your headspeeds for each bank.
That's the way I did it and it works like a charm I'm still new to the NEO but the E-gov works fantastic compared to the internal CastleGov.
Correct setup and as you said it works perfectly with Neo acting as governor.
Old hand at Planks
Old 08-19-2016, 05:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's the change in wiring if we use neo governor? I suppose the only change is connecting the signal cable of castle ESC. the white one on RPM port of the neo?
Old 10-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Actually very easy to understand the Neo way of doing things..

All the above is true if you use internal OR external governor for electric motor.

Now if you want to use your TX throttle curve, you map the throttle channel to AUX3 in the Neo and plug your ESC into AUX3 port. Now the ESC is controlled the old fashioned way and you can use HOLD/CUT as before, BUT the NEO still needs to see motor RUN signal for internal processing, so just mix motor switch to your HOLD/CUT switch.

Just a new and diffirent way of naming and using the old terminology....
using the Neo internal gov you set you HS to each bank, CC esc is set to external gov.... motor switch off/idle/run ..... TX 0/50/100 ...... how do i know what % the esc is running at set up this way ?

This is only true if you are using the Neo external gov. Internal show zero throttle % anywhere. how do I find this out ?
If i'm running the CC external gov with the Neo internal gov I need to be sure I'm above 85% output on the Esc on headspeed, Or i'll have fireworks..... how do i know what % i'm at ?

[/QUOTE]

[quote=All the above is true if you use internal OR external governor for electric motor
Smk-A$$-3Dô is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2016, 12:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Answered you in the other thread where you asked the same question.
Old hand at Planks
Old 10-21-2016, 06:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just want to put out there where I had trouble understanding, I was worried about what percentage my ESC was running at in each bank, as I couldn't understand why I could set the 40/60/100 in the Neo for external gov and not able to set it for the internal Gov.
Simple answer is it doesn't matter, the 40/60/100 in the Tx only refers to the "ms" position for the Neo to know what bank to activate. The gearing and the Hs will determine what % the Esc will run at. As long as you have your gearing correct and the Esc is pushing close to 100% your golden, Castle of course. This is the good thing about Castles Logging....
So if there are people out there who think when you run the Tx Tc at the 40/70/100 this doesn't translate to %power out put of the Esc, It only refers the what "Ms" the Esc sees, it could be 34/68/99 it doesn't matter..... As long as your in proper range and your banks switch. It took me a while to remember all this but it all came back to me.
After being lazy and just plugging the numbers into Castle software, this is what happens...
I'd rather try and help someone instead of throwing Jabs..��
Smk-A$$-3Dô is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2018, 04:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spent two weeks trying to configure my DX8 G2 with the Vbar Neo Pro version and it was impossible to achieve it. It is incredible the indifference of Mikado for those who use other brands of radios and I do not understand why they have not placed a complete tutorial to configure the Neo with other brands, everything is very confusing for those who simply want to use it as the old vbar.
Since Mikado does not deign to clarify all doubts could someone kindly post in detail the old configuration of Vbar Neo with spektrum radios?
hbar500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2018, 09:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar500 View Post
I spent two weeks trying to configure my DX8 G2 with the Vbar Neo Pro version and it was impossible to achieve it. It is incredible the indifference of Mikado for those who use other brands of radios and I do not understand why they have not placed a complete tutorial to configure the Neo with other brands, everything is very confusing for those who simply want to use it as the old vbar.
Since Mikado does not deign to clarify all doubts could someone kindly post in detail the old configuration of Vbar Neo with spektrum radios?
https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1990
Take note that the throttle curves in your radio are only used to get bank switching, rpm is still set in the Neo via the PC software.
Old hand at Planks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in