Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2018, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default vbar help please

I am trying to setup vbar neo on a Synergy N7. I am using a Futaba 14sh radio on sbus. i upgrade the Vbar to pro + rescue. I went completely through the setup and everything is working except for the throttle hold and throttle cut. I set my radio just like the diagram on TX setup on the vbar website shows. When i toggle throttle hold, the throttle barrel on my OS 105 closes all the way. And my throttle cut switch does something different. It opens the throttle barrel about 5 mm. Its like their switched. How do I get throttle hold to give me some advancement on the throttle barrel. The way it is now. It will kill the motor in flight. And then theres the governor setup a whole another problem thats driving nuts. Please can some help with this? This is my first VBar. May be my last, If I don't get it working.
flyinhigh58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2018, 11:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=713080 Pay attention to switch assignment and positions when doing setup for the IDLE and CUT.

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2030Operation of the nitro gov and how to tune.

Min THROTTLE needs to be set in software under the PRO (Dr's hat)
https://www.helifreak.com/attachment...1&d=1541219116
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	759972  
Old hand at Planks
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2018, 01:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I got throttle hold working correctly. And the gov is working. I just can't get throttle cut to work correctly. When I toggle the switch it advances the throttle. I don't see anyway to adjust it in the software. I tried reserving the channel it is assigned to in radio. For now I have just disable it. I'll just have to pinch off the fuel line to kill the engine for now.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got throttle cut to work correctly and throttle hold also. I went to fly it and the engine is speeding and slow down. So I have disable to gov. I want fly it with throttle curves first and then it flies ok. I will try and figure way the gov is doing this speed up slow down thing. If indeed it is? Will update
Old 11-03-2018, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it flies perfect with gov disable. Something in setup must be causing the issue. I tried a align sensor. But it won't detect the magnets in the clutch housing. So I am going to put the futaba sensor back on. I need some help with setting up the governor Surely someone has set this up on futaba 14 radio? My friend talked me into buying a vbar. Said I love it. Not feeling much love for it presently Are the gov on a third party radio that hard to setup? I been working on this since Monday! I am about ready to throw in the towel.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish I could help you but I donít fly nitro or ever set one up. Did you setup radio like it shows on vstabi. The 8fg should be the same as 14sg. On the neo the throttle is completely run by neo and the radio just runs the motor on off hold and cut no throttle curves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2018, 01:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Yes, I set the radio just like it shows on their website. Everything works. Except for the governor. I have magnets mounted in the clutch bell. When you line up the magnet and futaba sensor. This is when the throttle starts moving back and forth. Early today when I flew it with vbar gov. It was causing the throttle to be erractic. Once I disable the governor in the vbar and just used throttle curves. It was nice and smooth.

So I decided to just redo the setup from scratch. Started over. Followed the setup word for word. Presently the throttle is not jumping around now. Tomorrow I'll test fly again with the vbar gov engaged.

Can someone tell me what other sensor works on the vbar nitro. I tried a one that said it work for the beastx. I had to changed the connector. so if would plug into the servo port on vbar. But I could'nt get it to work. I am currently using the one from Futaba. There may be a problem with it. It might be causing the throttle to jump around. I had a Ikon2 on that basically did the same thing. I thought I had a problem with the Ikon. But now I am not so sure. Might even be a problem with the radio itself. Its fairly new though. If i could find another sensor to try. That would help eliminate the sensor. Or fix the problem. Sorry for the long story. But I been battling with this setup on this all week. If I can get the gov ironed out. I will have it. Its the only thing left that hasn't work right. I looked at the videos MR mel made. But his setup is confusing to me. He talks about using the gov in radio to set throttle curves. If the Vbar is handling the gov settings and throttle. Why does he show setting up head speeds in the gov menu. Like I said confusing. I'll just bet someone knows the answer to my problem. I know your out there. Chime in anytime.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do not use Mr Mel videos, they are for the legacy Vbar units. It seems like your sensor is the problem. Align sensor works, just need to swap the red and black wires around.
Old hand at Planks
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2018, 05:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe I have a align sensor. I just tried it and it won't see the magnets at all. I even held a magnet up against it and still will not register in the vbar software. Reverse red and black wires. But still doesn't work. I just order a Futaba GV-1 Governor Sensor From Hellids. I will try it next.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

well just came up with what might be the solution to my problem. I pulled the red and black pins from the rpm sensor leaving the signal wire connected to the vbar rpm port and took the red and black wires from the gv1 sensor put them into another connector and plugged then into another servo port. And this seems to have resolved my problem with the servo jumping back and forth. Won't know definitely until this week when I can fly it. but its looking good so far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in