Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme


Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2016, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Default Xxtreme 700 side frames

Hi does any one know why there is only 1 side frame that's 1.5 mm thick on the mikado USA websites (left side) but they have both right and left side of the 1mm thick side frames for the xxtreme 700. Does the left side frame work for both sides and if not does the 1.5mm thick chassis parts fit the holes in the 1mm thick side frames ?
jefinately is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-16-2016, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Default

The 1.5mm chassis part will not fit the 1mm side frames. I suppose you can open up the battery mounting area on the left side frame to use it as right side frame.
benben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2016, 07:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 527
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

I just contacted Mikado- I guess the 1.5 thick frames stopped production in 2015...I checked the 2 sides and yes you can open the left side up for the battery but the servo slots are different -so it would take some clever Carbon Fiber work to get 2 left sides to work--I have to say it sucks that Mikado has stop making the frames-I just started building my New/Old 700 xxtreme and now ill be afraid to fly it because of the lack of parts-it came out in 2012 and 2015 is now obsolete -unless you want to spend $350.00 to convert to the 1mm frame set-its not just the side that need replacing..the only other option is the frame from RC -hawk in HK..so of course I am questioning if I should have purchased this kit--I usually pick the wrong thing..should have picked the Goblin--LOL..I'm sure there stuff goes out of production just as quick--boy this is a disposable hobby..
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2016, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,266
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Default

Id like a couple pairs of 1.5 mm frames myself.
Spares. Love the machine would not want to damage it.
Mikado! kindly supply us with 1.5 mm frames please.
thanks
d
__________________
deepak kirpalani
[email protected]
deepak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2016, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 527
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

yea the more I look into this the more I am finding out if we damage a frame the options are really limited and defiantly not cost friendly --maybe this is the plan--crash the xxtreme and buy the new 700 helicopter and throw out the xxtreme...NOT!!! this heli is way to nice to give up on it so soon-Mikado really has to rethink about making and supporting this machine..I don't feel replacing the entire frame with the 1mm carbon is a reasonable option--I really wish I knew about this before buying this kit 1 month ago NIB...maybe the 2 mm inner pcs can be used by increasing the slot widths -this way all we would need to do is buy the sides and side supports and use the thicker inner frame pcs that will save $200 bucks--also still considering buying two 1.5 mm left frames and create a right frame from the left--it will need to be enlarged for the main pack and clever CF work for the elevator servo mount. a lot of work with a cut of saw in the dermal ..
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2016, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Default

Wishful thinking but maybe the 700xx can use the new plastic frames. We know the drive train is compatible. Not sure about the main shaft and bearings.
__________________
Oxy2 210 | Oxy3 285 | Oxy4 380 | Logo 480XX | 600SX | 650SX | 690SX | 700 | 700XX | VControl
mahbouni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 527
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

yes maybe-I just love the look of the carbon-it just make the heli look like a pc of art--I know that's not for every one--but come on if your going to spend thousands of dollars on something like this don't you want it to look the part..i also got information back from RC-Hawk-they will be supplying as spares there side frames for there frame-which seems to have a better solution for the ESC mounting--the frames sides are 60 each-the same price as Mikado--they will be adding it to the site soon..well at this point I have zero interest in driving this thing into the ground-and I fly very conservative to say the least--when I fly people fall a sleep--
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,266
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Default

If we get enough people wanting them Im sure they'll get the message and perhaps order a batch! I for one would like some spare sock of those frames.
d
__________________
deepak kirpalani
[email protected]
deepak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2016, 12:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 527
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak View Post
If we get enough people wanting them Im sure they'll get the message and perhaps order a batch! I for one would like some spare sock of those frames.
d
Agreed -I would defiantly order a set for back up--I like the idea of the single side frames instead of the multi piece doublers --also gear sets-which I know they have
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 08:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 30
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Default

Are the new plastic frames compatible? I'd love to just go that route and keep the original canopy!
__________________
Thanks and God bless,
Tomas Simatovic
Team Horizon
Tomas_simatovic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 11:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

I have both versions of the 700xx

First one was from the first batch with the 2mm frame sides

Then I bought another later kit to build a 770 that had the stacked 1mm frames.

IMO I like the 2mm frames. There the full thickness throughout where the stacked ones are 2 layers thick in certain areas (of needed strength).

I'd venture to guess the non critical area would be the first to break and cause a frame fix/replacement.

Mikado has always built a well flying machine, not a flying tank. So all bets are off on the stacked frame crash. Still no promises with the 2mm but I think 2mm frame is a 'low stress' area will have more of a chance.

I'd read that the XX series was going to continue to be supported. Heck , you can still get logo 10 parts.

I know the designer XX has moved along and XX series has been dropped from production , but that's no reason to break tradition and cease the parts on this model.

After the feeding frenzy is over i'll sell a few things and get a new 700 but not going to abandon the XX. It's a nice machine , will can track and smack no problem.

Yes it's a bit heavier (stacked frames are saving how much overall ??) but it's not crazy as many make it out to be. I've got collective set to 14 degrees , so at the end of an auto I can give it a good poke for a nice set down.

I guess if Mikado drops the ball here , we'll have to goto the RC-hawk route.
I'm not a big supporter of knock offs, but what do we do ?

Hope Mikado reconsiders support.

I wonder if everyone with a XX series sends Mikado an email requesting that the parts support continues, would that help to see there's a market ?

Martin
__________________
Logo XXtreme 800 8917 / 256HV VBC
Logo XXtreme 700 on 14s 8917 / 256HV VBC NEO
Logo XXtreme 770 14s 8917/9188 VBC
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 527
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty View Post
I have both versions of the 700xx

First one was from the first batch with the 2mm frame sides

Then I bought another later kit to build a 770 that had the stacked 1mm frames.

IMO I like the 2mm frames. There the full thickness throughout where the stacked ones are 2 layers thick in certain areas (of needed strength).

I'd venture to guess the non critical area would be the first to break and cause a frame fix/replacement.

Mikado has always built a well flying machine, not a flying tank. So all bets are off on the stacked frame crash. Still no promises with the 2mm but I think 2mm frame is a 'low stress' area will have more of a chance.

I'd read that the XX series was going to continue to be supported. Heck , you can still get logo 10 parts.

I know the designer XX has moved along and XX series has been dropped from production , but that's no reason to break tradition and cease the parts on this model.

After the feeding frenzy is over i'll sell a few things and get a new 700 but not going to abandon the XX. It's a nice machine , will can track and smack no problem.

Yes it's a bit heavier (stacked frames are saving how much overall ??) but it's not crazy as many make it out to be. I've got collective set to 14 degrees , so at the end of an auto I can give it a good poke for a nice set down.

I guess if Mikado drops the ball here , we'll have to goto the RC-hawk route.
I'm not a big supporter of knock offs, but what do we do ?

Hope Mikado reconsiders support.

I wonder if everyone with a XX series sends Mikado an email requesting that the parts support continues, would that help to see there's a market ?

Martin
I have been writing about this on the other post and I called Mikado about this and basically we have 3 choices go with Hawk Rc side frames matt finish, go with Hawk RC complete frame or convert to Mikado 1.0 mm frame-from the conversation I had with Mikado they have plan on making anymore 1.5 mm frame parts--so my plan is not to crash--LOL...the cheapest at this point is the side frames made by Hawk Rc-just wish they where gloss-also I don't know if there going to make the rest of the supporting pcs like the lower frame part-
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Default

If I needed to replace my 1.5mm frames with 1.0mm frames, what other parts would I need to replace too?
__________________
Oxy2 210 | Oxy3 285 | Oxy4 380 | Logo 480XX | 600SX | 650SX | 690SX | 700 | 700XX | VControl
mahbouni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 527
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
If I needed to replace my 1.5mm frames with 1.0mm frames, what other parts would I need to replace too?
from what Mikado says-All of them $375.00 worth-none of the 1.5 mm pcs will work..so if you crack 1 frame you are stuck with replacing all the Carbon pcs which is not cheep
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2016, 02:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marke View Post
I have been writing about this on the other post and I called Mikado about this and basically we have 3 choices go with Hawk Rc side frames matt finish, go with Hawk RC complete frame or convert to Mikado 1.0 mm frame-from the conversation I had with Mikado they have plan on making anymore 1.5 mm frame parts--so my plan is not to crash--LOL...the cheapest at this point is the side frames made by Hawk Rc-just wish they where gloss-also I don't know if there going to make the rest of the supporting pcs like the lower frame part-
Are they planning to continue to make the 1 mm stack as a replacement parts avenue ? ( good for the 1mm folks , not so much for the 1.5 folks as a full conversion is needed )

Does rchawk make a direct fit frame side for the 1.5 mm guys ?
Or is it the replacement for the rchawk frame kit ?

If rchawk will make a direct fit 1.5 then that is the way to go. As much as I don't like to support a clone company , mikado isn't offering a viable option.
( talking a direct knockoff of the frame side )

If rchawk is making there version ( slight change to avoid the ip ripoff scenario ) side frame then it becomes a little of a moral delemma.
In order to keep a repair avenue open you would need to buy there frame set and then there replacement parts to fit it. A full supporting scnairio of there business model.

I know of a few frame sides so I guess I'll need to buy them as spares. Wasn't planning on it but it seems like this is where the XX is heading.

Disappointing to say the least.

Martin
__________________
Logo XXtreme 800 8917 / 256HV VBC
Logo XXtreme 700 on 14s 8917 / 256HV VBC NEO
Logo XXtreme 770 14s 8917/9188 VBC
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 527
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty View Post
Are they planning to continue to make the 1 mm stack as a replacement parts avenue ? ( good for the 1mm folks , not so much for the 1.5 folks as a full conversion is needed )

Does rchawk make a direct fit frame side for the 1.5 mm guys ?
Or is it the replacement for the rchawk frame kit ?

If rchawk will make a direct fit 1.5 then that is the way to go. As much as I don't like to support a clone company , mikado isn't offering a viable option.
( talking a direct knockoff of the frame side )

If rchawk is making there version ( slight change to avoid the ip ripoff scenario ) side frame then it becomes a little of a moral delemma.
In order to keep a repair avenue open you would need to buy there frame set and then there replacement parts to fit it. A full supporting scnairio of there business model.

I know of a few frame sides so I guess I'll need to buy them as spares. Wasn't planning on it but it seems like this is where the XX is heading.

Disappointing to say the least.

Martin
Ok this is how I see it-3 options:

1. Mikado is only supporting the 1.0 mm frames..this is bad-you must replace all Carbon parts for $375.00 and go with 1.0 mm conversion

2. Hawk Rc is supporting the original 1.5 MM frame -But in matt finish 60.00 per side

3. Hawk Rc has its own complete designed frame for 1.0 mm thickness for 209.00

if any one has any other info please pass this on.

thank you
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2016, 11:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2006
Default

Sounds good, matt finish doesn't bother me.

Martin
__________________
Logo XXtreme 800 8917 / 256HV VBC
Logo XXtreme 700 on 14s 8917 / 256HV VBC NEO
Logo XXtreme 770 14s 8917/9188 VBC
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marke View Post
from what Mikado says-All of them $375.00 worth-none of the 1.5 mm pcs will work..so if you crack 1 frame you are stuck with replacing all the Carbon pcs which is not cheep
I just did a cost up from Mikado USA's website of the chassis parts for the new Logo 700 including the plastic frames, hardware, canopy and battery tray. I may have missed a few sundry items but it comes under $400. Your old main gear, main shaft, rotor head and tail section should be plug and play. Would be nice if Mikado release upgrade combos for the chassis, head and tail sections. You could upgrade as you crash and repair.
__________________
Oxy2 210 | Oxy3 285 | Oxy4 380 | Logo 480XX | 600SX | 650SX | 690SX | 700 | 700XX | VControl
mahbouni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 03:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Default

Some good news for you guys

http://www.vstabi.info/forum/read.php?39,152444
__________________
Oxy2 210 | Oxy3 285 | Oxy4 380 | Logo 480XX | 600SX | 650SX | 690SX | 700 | 700XX | VControl
mahbouni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2017, 04:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

Made my own frame sides for the Logo 700 XXTreme (CNC Carbon). The 1.5 mm version made with 2 mm carbon. Perfect fit.
tjarde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1