Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kinda like to 230....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. The 250 is basically just a slightly bigger version of the 230 with slightly higher quality components such as the carbon fibre frame and carbon fibre blades, correct? The three flight modes are exactly the same three flight modes on the 230S as well?
The main motor is a little more powerful but the general concept is the same as the 230S. I would say that the components are more than slightly better than the 230S.

It does fly better, or more precise which may be due to the stiffer frame etc. and looks bigger in the sky. Truly a beautiful heli in the air!

Last edited by Bill_Van; 05-06-2017 at 06:50 PM..
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post
The main motor is a little more powerful but the general concept is the same as the 230S. I would say that the components are more than slightly better than the 230S.

It does fly better, or more precise which may be due to the stiffer frame etc. and looks bigger in the sky. Truly a beautiful heli in the air!
I agree with all the above. I wouldn't say the 250 flys circles around the 230 but maybe half circles. I'd also say that the 250 is about 50% more durable with the cf frame.
heinz9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew a 250CFX maiden today. 1300 Venom. 5 minutes of hovering took one cell to 3.3V. If flew very smooth and responsive in high rates. IMO the performance is on par with noise levels. I've never had a heli with a brushless tail motor attached to a fixed pitch blade. I don't like the way it looks, but when it's in the air I couldn't tell the difference.

I tried the three modes, but the most heart pumping moments were almost crashing on takeoff. I had no idea the stability mode was the cause of that flopping around. I've flown other FBL controllers w/ out stability and they were similar. Taking off slowly on pavement is probably the worst option for anyone new to helicopters. Taking off quickly on grass was a little more what I'm used to.

I like dlm4001's idea with separate switches for everything. I can't imagine getting used to the recommended setup.
socalpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had a 250cfx for a couple months, but just flown the first time about 10 days ago. I am a very inexperienced heli driver, but this thing is so nice. I did not have any problems with it trying to tip over when taking off. I have a 200srx and a 200s also, and the srx is a dream to fly and the 200s which is supposed to be a better srx, is a pain to fly. It is always trying to tip over when lifting off. I have regulated the 200s to being a parts source for the srx if, and when I crash it.
The 250cfx is so stable and even when there is wind, it is so easy to fly, so I ordered a 230s to have a less expensive cp heli that I can gain more experience with. It came in a couple days ago, and it flies as easy as the 250cfx.
One thing I didn't like about the 250cfx setup was, the throttle and pitch. It responded so quickly. I tried using different values I found searching the forum to make it more docile. I did change the Fmode settings to do away with the stunt type of flying. I am more of what you guys refer to as a scale flier.
Thanks for this forum, as it has so much good info for us wanna be heli pilots.
cwmoss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 02:00 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmoss View Post
I have had a 250cfx for a couple months, but just flown the first time about 10 days ago.
Life gets busy at times, but you should always try to check out a Horizon model pretty much ASAP. At least power it up on the bench and spin it up without blades to make sure it can even do that. Horizon is great about taking care of customers, but they really don't have a warranty on their models. Stuff is guaranteed to work out of the box and that's it even though they go above and beyond. But, consider the "warranty" like a bunch of bananas. It goes bad pretty quickly. I've personally experienced this and received more resistance because I had an issue with a model that I'd had for a couple of months, but had only flown it a couple of times. If you have a problem right after getting it in the mail and contact them right then, they're much easier to work with. The sooner you call them with a problem, the more likely you are to get all the help you need, IMO, which is understandable. They have no way of knowing whether someone has flown it a bunch (and crashed) or not.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 02:31 PM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mike,
I learned of that recently, I had bought the srx and about a year later, got around to setting it up, within 1 minute, the tail motor burned up. I researched it and found the problem they had with them and if I would have promptly set it up it would have been covered, but I didn't, and just ordered a new motor and everything is GTG now.
I did power up the 250cfx initially after I got it, to make sure the motors and servos were functioning ok.
cwmoss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been flying a 230s for the last year & liked it so much, a spare was bought with a coupon. Now I am waiting on Fed Ex to bring me a 250cfx to add to the hangar, hopefully, it is more fun than the 230s.
FloridaAKM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the 230S and am so I impressed with it that I just ordered the 250 CRX from my local hobby shop here in San Diego. The 230S does fly well very impressive aircraft!
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2017, 07:58 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am thinking of getting this Heli, but I have never had one with safe technology. I know what 3D mode is, but what is the difference between stability and agility mode? Do they both self level?
CloseYetFar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2017, 06:03 AM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloseYetFar View Post
I am thinking of getting this Heli, but I have never had one with safe technology. I know what 3D mode is, but what is the difference between stability and agility mode? Do they both self level?
stability mode is the only mode that self levels.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:01 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz9 View Post
stability mode is the only mode that self levels.
Thanks heinz9! I just got this heli today. I was able to get one battery in after work before the sun went down. It flies great, well as long as safe is off lol!

So 3D mode feels like any other helicopter I have flown, very stable and perfectly trimmed. I was able to do hands off for a full 10 seconds and it stayed put. In agility mode it just feels sleepy and slow. Now stability mode feels like it just does what it wants, and worst is it drifts backwards on me. I almost cannot stop it. I was told not to take off in stability mode and that was a good idea. I tried it once and it just starts drifting and does not react to my controls. I think I have to do a calibration as the manual says.

Also to mention, I have a DX7s and put the stability controls on the 3 position flap/gyro switch so I can idle up with no other changes. I also reversed that 3 position switch so 0 is 3D. This is where I keep that switch for all other models I have. I have not tried the panic switch yet, but I am skeptical of its ability to save me in fast forward flight.

Good news, no crashes. This is my first battery impressions of the 250 CFX. I like it and its about the same size and feel as my old Blade 300X. Oh and the tail has a funny sound, but feels like any other non motorized tail.
CloseYetFar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I love this Heli !

Ok, Ill report in to keep activity going , flew 4 packs today with absolutely no problems , had a blast, loops , rolls , mild 3D , I love this heli !... And yes i have crashed it and repaired it with new servo , tail motor and boom and still flys like new !
Old 09-19-2017, 07:12 AM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me too with the crashes. Some really horrific ones that I didn't want to go pick it up and look at the damage. This thing is a tank when it comes to durability and reliability.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:08 AM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 320H Motor Sucks 110%, Need Reliable Alt Main BL, ESC Specs?

I HATE the 320H motor! Piss poor design! Pure hell.

I am starting to think i should have got a 330X, or 360 CFX 3S because at least it is not limited by the proprietary dual-esc... even the 230S is better stock because its Main Motor is decent.

The 330X's 440H motor is reported to be crappily bad too--but there are more options for that heli by design. For one the motor is mounted on top (clearance) and 2 it uses ONE esc and a belt tail. 450 motors are easy to find.

I love my 250 CFX except for the completely trash 320H motor
The Carbon Fiber frame is a joy compared to my 130S plastic frame. Take out the battery mount & motor mount--bam! Motor comes out easy enough. It is nice having normal servos vs the linear worm gear servos on my 130S. And I do love my 130S! But the 250 has a tad more ground clearance (short grass landing only)

I am looking for an alternative motor that will be decently reliable for my 250 CFX. The Lynx EOX 1911 and Align BL250MX are about the same weight but lower kv. Hmmm... might have less torque too, dunno.

I saw a Turnigy 2627 or Scorpion that may work. Its hard to tell not knowing the 250's ESC specs (??) I would trade a bit lower head speed for a decent and reliable motor. I just want to fly instead of buy trash motors...

/rant continued: and what's up with the $40 320H price tag? Holy crap the 320H isnt worth $10 lol... have never seen a motor this bad. Even my crappy Eflite Viking 280 motor with its play-doh soft shaft extension is better than the 320H. That is awful... /rant over

Might this Turnigy motor work? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us

Blade/Eflite should make a new replacement motor for us 250 CFX flyers. Or recommend one. A company could make sone money with a direct replacement 250 CFX motor! Much like the 300 CFX prior! Why the heck not?! Its a QC issue.

I hope yall get a million flights on yours but i am having bad luck at the very least

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-20-2018 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: edited
Bunnyshooter223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Like-New 320H installed, Ground-Rotor-Flying

My new-like 320H motor arrived from a good guy on Ebay. It does not wobble and is smooth. It's like night & day compared to my other worn out 320H!

I hope this 320H lasts. The 250 CFX is a nice 'copter otherwise. it's a shame for it to be grounded over a crappy motor... Maybe the Fusion 270 is a good alternative/replacement?

I test hovered my 250 again today--but with the newer good motor. It was smoother. The gear mesh sounded quieter & smoother as well. Nice.

My 250's Main Gear or Main Shaft seems very slightly bent. So I need to inspect the Main Shaft, Main Gear, Feathering Spindle, dampers, and all bearings. I forgot to oil bearings--so that too. Buying a used Heli sure can keep ya busy...

Ya'll are right about 'ground flying' during takeoff!
When taking off in Stability Mode, you need to be flying the Main Rotors while still grounded or the Heli will tip over. Even in grass. Not beginner friendly, just as y'all stated--i agree

Perhaps spooling up to around half throttle then switching to Idle-Up1 to takeoff will help but i have yet to try it. Not for n00bs.
New pilots should practice for many hours on a simulator before touching this bird. Afterwards, they should stay in Stability/Normal Mode, imo.

With my Blade 130S, i slowly spool up to half throttle in Stability then quickly jump off the ground. It works but pilot must be ready in case the tail over-corrects during the process. The heli may be facing 180 degrees another direction!
The Blade 250 CFX instead feels like it has more going on. Flying the rotor on the ground before taking off is a must.

I can't wait to really fly my 250. Do some figure-8's and mild fff. Tomorrow, weather permitting

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-20-2018 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: edited
Old 04-24-2018, 09:55 PM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Inspected, Successful Flight, but Chirping? Wth....

I finished inspecting my 250 and finally flew it today in Stability Mode and a little Idle1.

It is blowing the Tail in Stability when i go full-throttle but i am not too surprised. I dunno if that is normal...
It seemed better in idle1--HOWEVER

**Now i am getting this wierd 'chirping' sound as i fly. I think it is the Tail Motor. It does not seem normal as i have watched many videos of the 250.

I am fixing to try and mimic it with the Main Blades off. I do have the video so i may post that. It's harder to hear in the video (cell phone picked up the overbearing resonating sound)

On a positive note, it is much speedier and much more stable than my 130S. I definitely like 250+ size helis more than sub-micros. If i can find the space to fly them.

Update: Chirping sound is the 320H motor stuttering due to worn bearings

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-25-2018 at 10:13 PM..
Old 05-25-2018, 12:23 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, I believe the rec battery for this bird is a 1350mah

Anyone here able to use 1800ís with positive results?
grant22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.