Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

477s are next, then 557s. Not sure when they will hit exactly....
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Noted on the 697 packaging. This has been addressed and all new shipments from the factory have additional foam to protect the 697mm tips. Any issues with blades, we will attempt the best we can to make it right.

477mm blades should be seen in small batches this month in Europe & the USA.

557mm blade prototypes are currently being tested (molding for prototypes took several months to complete per specs). They wont be ready for sale until around March 2017.

VTX Team.
VTX Designs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wonderful just in time for tax return season. thank u
Trex_600n,Trex_500,MR25,MikadoLoGo5003D_KDE,CastleCreations,Ys,JR XG8,Sab Goblin 380/X_Nova/Bk_Servos, JR TagsMini//Sab Goblin 500Pulse Edition, Sab Goblin570Carbon_SABUSA_X_Nova_BkServos_KDE,RJX-Swash,JR-SPG-Tail/TagsMini_JRX-Bus.
JEEPWORLD2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2016, 11:31 AM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Designs View Post
Noted on the 697 packaging. This has been addressed and all new shipments from the factory have additional foam to protect the 697mm tips. Any issues with blades, we will attempt the best we can to make it right.

557mm blade prototypes are currently being tested (molding for prototypes took several months to complete per specs). They wont be ready for sale until around March 2017.

VTX Team.
Mikado USA got my issues it taken care of. Really great customer service. Now waiting for the new Logo 480 with the vtx blades to come out.
sikwati is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2016, 11:32 AM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

VTX Team.
Are the tail blades on a similar time table?
Old 12-02-2016, 12:23 PM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

just a new experience today: there is this extra *ooomph* and extra *wow* from the very first moment you fly them. in my case: VTX 697 on (almost ) stock 690 SX v2. 1900 head-speed with 12 +/- pitch already rock the house... 2000+ is somewhat between incredible and crazy

BTW: got b surface blades with a real supersmall finish topic (you would not notice) - 'normal ones' not available at the moment. waiting for 600s to use on the smaller Logo too... a huge THX to VTX

my comments: subjective, personal experience and untreaceable
Rabid121 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

In june you were talking about the 607's
Any idea when they will be released?
Just need blades with extra efficiency, Designed airfoils in the 90's and it looks like you guys know what you are talking about.
mmgbrouwers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2016, 08:25 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgbrouwers View Post
In june you were talking about the 607's
Any idea when they will be released?
Just need blades with extra efficiency, Designed airfoils in the 90's and it looks like you guys know what you are talking about.
mmgbrouwers & Mark:
607's haven't been released to Funkey yet. Efforts the last 6 months or so have been entirely directed at tail blade design. Its getting real close now. Tail rotor system modeling is not a trivial undertaking. But I will say we're VERY pleased with recent testing and have high confidence going forward to prototype development. We have a number of exciting new features that will roll out with the VTX tail blade line-up. Not your "typical" blade design.

Rabid121:
Thanks for the report!! Always excellent to hear from a satisfied customer. There sure were some red hot deals on our blades over the Big Sale weekend. Cheers!

Bill.

Last edited by VTX Designs; 12-02-2016 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: reply to rabid121
Old 12-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

... not to forget to mention: autorotations are sooooooo sweet... like a charm.

best regards
Michael

my comments: subjective, personal experience and untreaceable
Rabid121 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2016, 04:47 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Tail rotor system modeling is not a trivial undertaking. But I will say we're VERY pleased with recent testing and have high confidence going forward to prototype development. We have a number of exciting new features that will roll out with the VTX tail blade line-up. Not your "typical" blade design.
Great!

Looking forward to seeing them.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid121 View Post
... not to forget to mention: autorotations are sooooooo sweet... like a charm.

best regards
Michael
+1 !!!! YES THEY ARE, ALSO ON THE L700 with 717s
Old 12-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aerobatic autos are one of my favorite things. Don't think that wasn't included in the design!
Old 12-06-2016, 10:04 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can't wait for VTX tail blades ... I betting they would be asymmetrical
cbrkhan is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could see them being asymmetrical if the goal was for efficiency but I feel like for 3d performance asymmetric tails might not perform as well for 3d with lots of tail reversals and piros or at least make the gyro work harder. Either way I can't wait to see them and fly them
dominator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 07:24 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
I could see them being asymmetrical if the goal was for efficiency but I feel like for 3d performance asymmetric tails might not perform as well for 3d with lots of tail reversals and piros or at least make the gyro work harder. Either way I can't wait to see them and fly them
I think these guys know what they are doing if you have flown their blades.. I will sit back and just wait to press purchase when the tails are released and I will bet money I wont be disappointed.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb30cory View Post
I think these guys know what they are doing if you have flown their blades.. I will sit back and just wait to press purchase when the tails are released and I will bet money I wont be disappointed.
Exactly. They are going about this very methodically. Whatever they decide to do will be backed with math and sound engineering.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Interim TB Update

Howdy Folks - just a little update.

After much effort developing a rational analysis method for the tail system, a test was done just to see how close our analytical methods are to reality. Tail thrust measured in static position. The results do confirm a solid analysis, with some errors at the extreme end points (very low and very high blade angle w/high rpm).

I personally am very happy to have such results in hand. Some tweaks have been made to adjust the errors. Now that we have ground breaking new analytical tools in hand, its time to shift into "forward gear" so to speak in engineering terms.

There is only one complication at this point: I'm writing to you from my stateroom aboard the Star Princess - on a 15 day journey from LA to Hawaii and back. For Linda and I this represents our 20th anniversary, and so here we are celebrating that nearly all month

So the next phase in TB design will begin in earnest after Christmas, but at that point I DO think we will be solidly pressing ahead with several new ideas + new features and (hopefully) much better performing tail blades for y'all.

I don't want to write too much at this time (its $$$ for internet aboard ship) - but will definitely update you as we have results in hand.

Cheers - and Aloha!

Bill.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:05 AM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy anniversary Bill. Enjoy your trip to Hawaii ...
cbrkhan is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2016, 09:24 AM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sign me up for a set or 2. I can't wait! Thanks for the update
dominator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2016, 08:25 AM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wanted to bump this thread up.. I received the Bsurface black Friday sale blades from Mikado USA and decided to swap my Rail 716's off my E7 SE with VTX 717's.

I will start by saying I love rail blades - they have served me very well and after trying various brands they were my favorite until I met VTX at Ircha 2016.

On a pretty light heli - 11.2 lbs with a 5000 pack is what my E7 weights I figured I wouldn't notice the difference.. well I have.. and I love it. Where I really really notice the VTX blades is on autos - specifically dismounts with tricks at the end.. the VTX blades keep their energy and have lift at such a low RPM I sometimes wonder how the heli is still in the air.. I had one auto with it yesterday that even myself or any on looker would think "NO WAY will he get that heli back to safety" .. it was soo far away from myself 300+ ft and head level and these blades kept the energy and lift away to land it right at my feet.

I have one extra set that I may bring up north to outfit my 700x with.. that thing autos amazing already I cannot imagine with a set of VTX 717's.

I will say that the Bsuface I received was basically as good as my A surface 717's. But a buddy received some that were certainly B.. maybe even C.. tons of very in your face paint defects.. so I will say I was lucky to get a nice pair x 2 of bsurface.

Last comment on VTX blades.. I almost destroyed my E7 SE in a 2100 RPM speed pass... without changing my FBL from 716 Rails to 717 VTX's.. the VTX do not seem to like speed passes. I noticed the same thing on my G700c... Vortex has the ability to "lock in" during a speed run.. well the VTX tends to get into a "porpoise" effect at full collective speed pass.. my E7 porpoised down... I dont know how I dug it out... I was convinced it was done it happened so fast... it was inches from 120+ mph destruction...

So anyway all in all I dont fly speed I fly general 3d and big air and love big autos so VTX blades fit my style perfectly! Great product guys!

Now get some damn Black VTX hats back in stock - mines getting ugly because I wear it so much.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161218_111834.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	685329  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in