Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default $30 off a Blade 250 CFX

If you are up to fixing your 230S, heck why not. Save some money and continue advancing your skills.

If not grab a 330X. I heard it is an easy flyer if you have the basics down. It is a bit more stable than the 250 class and is actually a 450 class (motor size) heli. The 250 CFX sounds quite similar to what you already have. They are about the same size, compared them at my lhs. (Edit: oh i see you know that sry)

I'd only grab a 360 CFX 3S for its current $399 sale price if i could not find a good 330X for around $350 or less. The 330X has a plastic frame and i saw some phillips screws. But it's a friendly heli. The 360 has carbon and hex. More 'pro'

Also, the 360 CFX is being replaced by a Fusion 360, afaik. That's why its on sale.

I would not want to pay so much ($389?!) for a 330X since the 360 CFX 3S is on sale for $399.

There is a poster in my local hobby shop with a coupon code to knock off $30 from a 250 CFX until the end of May, iirc. Let me know if you want the code. I have not seen the code anywhere else.

Keep in mind a 330+ size heli will likely not be welcome at parks. Also, the 250 CFX is likely louder than the 230S. It will need something at the bottom of frame in between frame/canopy (tape of velcro, for example) to dampen the vibration/sound transferred (easy fix). From what i read on here.

Heck i doubt a 230S would be welcome at the tiny park i fly at. I only fly a 130S atm but am going to get my thumbs on a 250 CFX soon

I would not consider the 6S 360 CFX or Trio 360 CFX until you (and i) have more flying experience. The best thing, it's YOUR choice and all up to YOU

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-15-2018 at 12:58 PM..
Bunnyshooter223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyshooter223 View Post
If you are up to fixing your 230S, heck why not. Save some money and continue advancing your skills.

If not grab a 330X. I heard it is an easy flyer if you have the basics down. It is a bit more stable than the 250 class and is actually a 450 class (motor size) heli. The 250 CFX sounds quite similar to what you already have. They are about the same size, compared them at my lhs. (Edit: oh i see you know that sry)

I'd only grab a 360 CFX 3S for its current $399 sale price if i could not find a good 330X for around $350 or less. The 330X has a plastic frame and i saw some phillips screws. But it's a friendly heli. The 360 has carbon and hex. More 'pro'

Also, the 360 CFX is being replaced by a Fusion 360, afaik. That's why its on sale.

I would not want to pay so much ($389?!) for a 330X since the 360 CFX 3S is on sale for $399.

There is a poster in my local hobby shop with a coupon code to knock off $30 from a 250 CFX until the end of May, iirc. Let me know if you want the code. I have not seen the code anywhere else.

Keep in mind a 330+ size heli will likely not be welcome at parks. Also, the 250 CFX is likely louder than the 230S. It will need something at the bottom of frame in between frame/canopy (tape of velcro, for example) to dampen the vibration/sound transferred (easy fix). From what i read on here.

Heck i doubt a 230S would be welcome at the tiny park i fly at. I only fly a 130S atm but am going to get my thumbs on a 250 CFX soon

I would not consider the 6S 360 CFX or Trio 360 CFX until you (and i) have more flying experience. The best thing, it's YOUR choice and all up to YOU [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif[/IMG]
Yeah I agree with you on all points. I just think at this point it's going to cost me $200 to get my 230S up and running again. I think a 250 CFX might be a better way to go for the money because it is going to crash cheaper than a 230S... a new CF frame for the 230S is $60 compared to a new frame for a 250 CFX is $30. Every other part is about the same cost and many of them are shared. I was about to pull the trigger on rebuilding my 230S, which I probably will still do and then sell it, get a 250 CFX and have that be my main flier instead of the 230S since it will crash cheaper if I break the frame... plus I can still use all my spare parts I already have... and appease myself by buying a new Heli!

Do you happen to know that coupon code for a 250 CFX? Maybe Hobby Town USA will match the price of Horizonhobby.com... gotta shop local to keep these brick and mortar stores alive!
Black mamba 2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 320H $4!t Motor (250 CFX, 300X)

Ill go to Hobbytown today to get the code and some spare tail rotors for my... used 250 CFX i just recieved

The Main Motor in my used 250 CFX is wobbly It is the infamous 320H motor. It has a bad history of just crapping out. So consider that..... I think most pilots were okay for a while but others have had awful luck with the 320H.

I may pick up the Lynx 2214 EOX V2 motor but its $50. Probably a good investment. Glad i bought used, my 250 looks to be in great shape besides the awful 320H motor (why, Blade why?!!!!?!) and a tweaked Tail Propeller.

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-18-2018 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: edited
Bunnyshooter223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone here see a problem using an 1800,ah lipo? Mainly for beginner type flying (hovering,cruising around)
grant22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2018, 10:16 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22 View Post
Anyone here see a problem using an 1800,ah lipo? Mainly for beginner type flying (hovering,cruising around)
If it has the proper connector & will physically fit the battery location......I see no reason not to......that's assuming it is a 3 cell? .....
Tande is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2018, 07:14 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a 230s and sold it. Bought the 250cfx and flew it a few times. I liked the way it flew and mine was smooth and quite.(after adjusting the gear mesh and loctite mod on the motor). It is not as light and floaty as the 230s. For me I wished I had kept the 230.

I sold the 250cfx about a month ago or so. Then I saw the release of the 230 V2. The rest is history, I should have it Tuesday.

I think the 230s is the best all around flyer/trainer out there. Perfect size and light weight. (we must keep them light). And with the V2 updates and improvements it is as good as it gets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in