Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Evolution (formerly ALeeS) > Rush 700 Electric V1 (formerly ALeeS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2016, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Who is still flying and lovin there V1 Rush

Hello I am starting this thread to see who is still beating on there V1 Rush and still Lovin it . Nothing special required just a Yes or a little blurb if you like .
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, Dennis i'm still flying mine, makes me smile every flight.
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2016, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't fly it often, but it is still in good shape and flying well.

It is scheduled for a radio upgrade to JR's DMSS and X-Bus later this year.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has been laying in pieces in my basement for well over a year after a minor incident when I stripped it and put the components in a Synergy E7-SE. One of these days I need to sell my partial frame and spare parts stash.
Steve Graham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2016, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good to read there are still interest in these.
My bud has given up flying and has a V1 airframe with only a handful of flights on it. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I can get/give more details.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have 3 v1's and 1 v2 built and enough parts to build alot more or repair the ones I have MANY times over

I love the machine and will not stop flying it
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2016, 10:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still flying mine!!!
Old 11-26-2016, 07:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got tired of struggling with the stock links and worrying about possibly damaging bearings when putting the links on so I replaced them all with Quick UK links. As a bonus these links are bi directional and will go on either way to half turns are possible. They are made from delrin and fit a 4.76mm (3/16) ball snugly with no need for resizing and no excessive drag.

I used the Quick UK 4mm balls with 3mm thread for the bellcranks (these are actually 4.5mm from the mounting surface to the center of the ball btw) and http://www.ebay.com/itm/381486324790...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT for the swashplate and head links as well as the balls that connect the aileron cranks to the swashplate links (the longer balls mostly eliminate the slight slant that the Rush swashplate links usually have) For the elevator link I clipped a few mm off the end of the link and then carefully sanded it down until it was 5mm shorter from end to end (this matches the 17mm from ball center to the end of the link from the stock ball links) The links had to be reamed out with a drill bit to fit M2.5 link rods (this is acceptable according to Quick UK) These links have long shanks and are designed to be driven past the threaded portion of the rod (this doesn't affect the integrity of the link as link rods use rolled threads that are larger in diameter than the rod) I replaced all the short rods with some 40mm M2.5 stainless steel rods I got from HK a while back (these are inexpensive and you can get them in increments of 5mm), I don't like black oxide steel link rods because of their tendency to rust.

For the servo arms I used some Mikado M2 balls and some ballstands I happened to have laying around, if I had it to do over I'd probably use Gaui M2 balls, the Quick UK balls were out of stock or I would have used those. I have found that most "4.8mm balls" are actually 4.76mm or 3/16 in, exactly matching the Quick UK links. Interestingly most "4.75mm" balls (e.g. Align) are actually around 4.71mm.

The new balls change the delta offset of grips slightly, with the stock links there is about 1mm of negative delta while with the new ones there is about 1mm of positive delta. This is because the stock balls are 5.5mm and the new balls are 5mm. This doesn't affect phase offset as the link is connected to the radius arm. Negative delta makes the helicopter more unstable and twitchy while positive delta does the opposite and makes the helicopter more docile and stable. However the very slight amount of delta here will not have any noticeable effect in either case.

In addition I fixed the slight slop that the radius arm links often have (sometimes you get lucky and get a tight set but sometimes you don't and they have a tiny amount of slop) by replacing the upper swash balls with Align ones. The Align balls are 4.96mm vs 4.92mm for the stock balls and fit the links more snugly without being excessively tight. The new balls are 0.5mm longer than the original (6mm vs 5.5mm) but the slight difference only required a small adjustment to the cyclic slider in the 3DIGI setup.(before: 53 after: 54)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rush_quick_UK_1.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	681863   Click image for larger version

Name:	rush_quick_UK_2.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	681870   Click image for larger version

Name:	rush_quick_UK_3.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	681871  
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am still flying my stretched 750.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just ordered a few parts I needed to get my V1 back up in the air. I tipped it over after landing a stray auto on some rough ground. I haven't been able to fly it for the last 2 months and I miss it. Great helicopter!

RJ
RJVan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 11:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am still flying mine. But the plastic follower arm develop slop and starts to make the heli twitchy in straight fast flight.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got one and it flies great, this is my first electric I have only flown gas and early on nitro.. Peace, Al
Toxic Al is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2016, 12:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Al View Post
Just got one and it flies great, this is my first electric I have only flown gas and early on nitro.. Peace, Al
Wow I am shocked Al, not who I expected to see flying an electric but a change is always good. The Rush will treat you well and they sure are a nice flying heli. Take care
Old 12-19-2016, 09:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know who will have the strongest, low-vibration, Zenoah-powered generator in town .,...
Dawiev is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawiev View Post
I know who will have the strongest, low-vibration, Zenoah-powered generator in town .,...
With a pipe
Old 12-21-2016, 11:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my parts and flew my V1 today. Wow, so smooth. I remember why I like this thing so much now. LOL
RJVan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 07:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

You Guys Can't tell anyone I am flying an electric heli, it will ruin my reputation as a gasser guy. But seriously this is my Sunday morning machine so I don't piss off the neighbors, I love my gassers and fly them in the afternoon. Peace Al

P.S. I love the way this thing flys!
Toxic Al is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Turns out I can't use Quick UK links on the upper head links, they will bind against the hub toward the bottom of the collective range so I'm back to using stock Rush links there. Still using the quick UK links everywhere else on the heli though.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2017, 05:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 750?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_liang View Post
I am still flying mine. But the plastic follower arm develop slop and starts to make the heli twitchy in straight fast flight.
How does it compare in your fleet?
Did you speed up the tail?
Not sure I want to stretch mine??
12s?
n8rloves2fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2017, 07:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did not speed up the tail, once u stretch the heli it has a lot of boom for longer blades. It can go up to 780mm. I am flying mine with Zeal 750 on 12s, would love to go 14s but need to get a new motor with correct kV. Btw I am running the thicker align main gear and corresponding pinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.