Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade doing their thing again..

Looks like Blade's recent habit of replacing powerful, well flying 3D machines with self leveling potatoes featuring motor driven tails continues, I wouldn't be surprised this is gonna replace the 180 CFX eventually. Sad day.

Slide #2 on http://www.bladehelis.com/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade130S.jpg
Views:	14910
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	681585  
Johnny31297 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How many more potatoes do we need??

They now have replaced the 300(230) twice, made a 120, a Nano, a 200, another 200, a 200 fixed pitch, and now a 130?

https://kc3dprint.com - 3D Printing on Demand and 3D Printed RC Helicopter Parts and Upgrades
Keith - MSH Brain2 Beta Team
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well Jonas you were looking for new models to design for RF-X .. LOL

So where do I pre-order ( No seriously - I'll probably buy one)
Maybe this will get my daughter into CP instead of FP.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

One potoato, two potato, three potato, four...

I think things like this are good for the hobby to help new people start. They are kinda pointless for me, and i an WAY behind guys like Jonan....

I do hope its an addition the the blade line up, and not a replacement for the 180.. i hear they finaly got that one right.
CompleteDestruction is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 10:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

New potatoes is just what we need to entice new potato heads into the hobby. While not caring for the bade business model or products they put out anymore, blade is exactly what we need to get new fliers in the hobby. I'm surprised I haven't seen their products in bed bath and beyond yet TBH. Lol. They should even package a lame basic function Sim with them. Think of the mall copter boom, now just replace the crappy coax with blade micros with SAFE or the XK line and attract new pilots.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are way over saturating the market with the same stuff over and over again. Buy one thing and 1 month later it's obsolete because Blade released something else. Move up in size and it's literally the exact same thing, just bigger, slower, and more potato-ey.

https://kc3dprint.com - 3D Printing on Demand and 3D Printed RC Helicopter Parts and Upgrades
Keith - MSH Brain2 Beta Team
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliLust View Post
New potatoes is just what we need to entice new potato heads into the hobby. While not caring for the bade business model or products they put out anymore, blade is exactly what we need to get new fliers in the hobby. I'm surprised I haven't seen their products in bed bath and beyond yet TBH. Lol. They should even package a lame basic function Sim with them. Think of the mall copter boom, now just replace the crappy coax with blade micros with SAFE or the XK line and attract new pilots.
+1. Well said.
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly if it flys well I'd buy one the 180 cfx is to big for my yard the 130x was perfect size but it's kinda a pain to keep going good
piranhafreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 10:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I pretty much gave up on micros, but I'm actually interested in this one for some reason, especially if it can actually be flown indoors. (besides a gym )

The 180 is fun when you want to fly a fast hummingbird on crack. It's cool, but I actually have more fun with 230s, especially for practicing. (I only wish it had enough torque to do good tic-tocs.)

If the 130s flies like a smaller 230s, I'll probably buy one. I'll wait for other people to try it out before I do though, in case it's a dud.

Considering the ad mentions "power" and "3D flight", I'm hoping it's not anemic on power like the nano.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
They are way over saturating the market with the same stuff over and over again. Buy one thing and 1 month later it's obsolete because Blade released something else. Move up in size and it's literally the exact same thing, just bigger, slower, and more potato-ey.
That's a good thing though for getting guys to convert over to kit helis. If you tell a potential new flier that it costs $1k in equipment to go fly, most are going to look at you like you have a second head growing rather than get involved. I'm usually as vague as possible when the cost question comes up and try to offer low cost starter ideas.

My thinking has evolved a bit lately so I can do my part to attract new fliers. It's a sad state when the lhs doesn't even have blade helis anymore and the local fun fly gets canceled from lack of interest.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on what HeliLust said.
AcesFull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 10:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That's a good thing though for getting guys to convert over to kit helis. If you tell a potential new flier that it costs $1k in equipment to go fly, most are going to look at you like you have a second head growing rather than get involved.
That was me when I started.
$1000 for a toy helicopter? Never!
$100 for a little Nano? Cool!
Old 11-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah it's a good thing I ender up starting out with a venom night Ranger I paid $250 for it it was junk but it got me hooked I would have never paid $500+ to just try a heli for the first time and now I have spent 10s of thousand over the years. So without the little $250 rtf heli I would never have what I have now
piranhafreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 11:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrataco View Post
I pretty much gave up on micros, but I'm actually interested in this one for some reason, especially if it can actually be flown indoors. (besides a gym )

The 180 is fun when you want to fly a fast hummingbird on crack. It's cool, but I actually have more fun with 230s, especially for practicing. (I only wish it had enough torque to do good tic-tocs.)

If the 130s flies like a smaller 230s, I'll probably buy one. I'll wait for other people to try it out before I do though, in case it's a dud.

Considering the ad mentions "power" and "3D flight", I'm hoping it's not anemic on power like the nano.
Throw the 245's on the 230s and it flys way better. I can piro tic toc it.

I also run hv batts for more power
tacomaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 11:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I agree. If it wasn't for my Blade MSRx, 120SR, and Nano CPX, I wouldn't be in this hobby with the helis I'm flying now! I believe they have a place and fitment in the market at a decent price point to entice newbie Freaks.

Oxy3 285, Oxy4Stretch, Oxy4Max, Oxy5-550 6S Goblin 700 Gasser, Urukay Triple head, Goblin 770 Sport.
FlatCrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaster View Post
Throw the 245's on the 230s and it flys way better. I can piro tic toc it.

I also run hv batts for more power
Thanks. I'll look into that. What brand of blades are you using?
Old 11-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was done with my 130x a long time ago. That and the MCPX got me in the hobby so its always good to see helis that can make entry to the hobby easier.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heli lust is pretty dead on in this thread.

Even though I wouldn't buy another one, Blade is what got me into this hobby affordably.

I started with the Nano, moved up to the 360CFX, and eventually acquired a crashed 230s for free.

They definitely have their faults (many of them lol) but I wouldn't have ever got into the hobby looking at almost $1k for a good kit heli.

After being in the hobby for a while, I've "accepted" the price to play so to speak. I don't flinch any more when I see a $2k helicopter, because I understand it's performance and it seems worth it to me if that makes sense. I couldn't stomach that when I first joined.

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrataco View Post
Thanks. I'll look into that. What brand of blades are you using?
I'm using the Lynx ones for the 300x. The plastic ones. They have a much wider chord and they don't flex and bog it down like stock. Stay away from any tail blade but stock or the black xtreme ones. They all suck.
tacomaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it flies like the 130X without the tail issues this will be a great little micro.
Mikado Logo 550SX, Oxy 3 (stretched), Align Trex 150DFC (DSMX), Vbar NEO, Vbar Control, VTX, DX8, AccuRC, RF8, neXt, Heli-X, HobbyWing, Outrage, iCharger, GensAce, Bonka, Rail, Zeal, Venom, RKH, Lynx, Scorpion, Apex RC, EPBuddy Paraboards.
dr_boom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in