Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2016, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pairng rejected by REVOBUMP

Though I have successfully connected by Bluetooth to the BUMP controller using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Android v6.0.1), I frequently get the message "Pairing rejected by REVOBUMP" and can't connect. This usually occurs when I attempt to connect when a charge is in progress.

I see no "accept connection" message on the BUMP. Pop-ups appear on the BUMP, first stating "BlueTooth connecting..." then "BlueTooth disconnected".

After I went into the Android application manager and selected "Force Stop" for the Bump Controller app, I could subsequently make a BlueTooth connection to the BUMP.

Suggestions for avoiding this behavior?
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcwilli View Post
Though I have successfully connected by Bluetooth to the BUMP controller using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Android v6.0.1), I frequently get the message "Pairing rejected by REVOBUMP" and can't connect. This usually occurs when I attempt to connect when a charge is in progress.

I see no "accept connection" message on the BUMP. Pop-ups appear on the BUMP, first stating "BlueTooth connecting..." then "BlueTooth disconnected".

After I went into the Android application manager and selected "Force Stop" for the Bump Controller app, I could subsequently make a BlueTooth connection to the BUMP.

Suggestions for avoiding this behavior?
"Pairing rejected by revobump" is not something shown by our app ... are you attempting to pair to it like a legacy BT device ? .... if so, that will fail every time because this is a BT/LE device that does app-level pairing. No manual pairing step is required/supported - you just Scan for devices and connect.

There is a bug which causes random disconnects if the app is left running and attempting to connect while out of range of the Bump. What happens if you kill the app, power up the Bump, then start the app - does it connect cleanly ?

The disconnect bug will get fixed with the new "universal" app coming in Feb - it has much better handling for BT error conditions.
RevoKelly is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in