Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2016, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default tell me why i should get a logo700!!!

convince me!!!!!
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2016, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cause it's Christmas. And I did too comes with cool looking blades , looks like a space age air frame ? My logo 690 was magical man but it was short lived so I grabbed this one
jsbach#1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2016, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bc it's the best of the best that all others try to love up to. The lightest 700 on the market with a throughly thought out frame made to be replaceable in sections. Make it easy to work on. Totally modular life time parts supply only manufactor that's still makes and sells parts for their 1st models out on nicads. From the late 90s I think.
Trex_600n,Trex_500,MR25,MikadoLoGo5003D_KDE,CastleCreations,Ys,JR XG8,Sab Goblin 380/X_Nova/Bk_Servos, JR TagsMini//Sab Goblin 500Pulse Edition, Sab Goblin570Carbon_SABUSA_X_Nova_BkServos_KDE,RJX-Swash,JR-SPG-Tail/TagsMini_JRX-Bus.
JEEPWORLD2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2016, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are you looking for in a helicopter? There are lots of good 700's out there. Everyone on this board is going to tell you how perfect the L700 is, so I will list a few "issues" I have had. Just to be balanced.

It's a very good flyer as are all Logos, but as with every other Logo I've had, the tail take some "massaging" to be smooth. I still have a little hunt/wag I can't get rid of. Others have had similar issues. I've polished everything, shimmed the tail gears, tried every gain setting known to man, but no luck. Then I fly my Alees Rush and the tail is rock solid.

The swash is really tight as well. If you fly in cold climates (<5C) I would look else ware. When it's that cold it almost locks solid. lol. Apparently this is normal.

If you are used to the quiet, smooth drivetrains of the other Logos, the 700 will disappoint as well. Mine sounds like driving down a gravel road when it spools down.

Sounds like I hate it, but I don't. Fly's great as long as you aren't siting still in a hover. lol.
RJVan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

What flight controller rj?
Old 12-26-2016, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Vbar NEO
Old 12-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The reason I ask is this. There is more to these tail wags than we understand. I chased one on a goblin 500. Like you describe no matter what I tried I never got rid of it. Using Neo and vcontrol. Then I tried a brain. Problem gone. Not saying it's perfect of course now other things are missed on the Neo. Ive had smooth tail linkages have tail wag and horrible notchy mechanisms fly with tails calm as can be.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you need to be convinced by us to buy one...you shouldn't buy one.
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2016, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

RJ ..

Is the tail super smooth ? I've had no issues with my 700/800XX's.

One did give me a hard time though. My solution was to put a thin shim under the ball to the grip connection.

My issue was that with one grip installed it was butter smooth , perfect. Once I connected the second side it wasn't quite as smooth with some slightly tighter spots (like a speed bump if that makes sense).

I fussed and fussed with it for a few nights , i did happen to notice that when both 2mm bolts (bolt thru tail grip) were loosened (say 2 turns out each) it was better.

Then i got some super thin shims ( trex 450-500 washout arm to headblock would be my best guess) from my washer bin. Put one on each side and it wasn't better.

I had a personal struggle with me and my OCD to one put one washer under one side it was very smooth. Slight wag was gone.

Futaba 256hv tail servo / vbar silverline pro / 2s rx pack.

I also had read about another instance where the tail had a tight spot and sent tail into mikadousa and it came back with a shim

My first 800 was shimmed , second 800 not , first 700 not , second one shimmed. So no rhyme or reason to it. If i had to guess mold flash or contraction of molds cooling (its a thin washer after all)

next up check inside the grip for moulding flash. I haven't had it happen to me personally but have read about it a few times in the forums (7/800)

(no offence) running a HV tail servo on 5.6/6 volts will cause that also.

Of course all this fussing and shimming isn't needed after a few hundred flights as it's fully polished and broken it .
--------

I've found the logo XX/new 700 tail to be the best I've flown. Will make some noise but won't chatter when loaded hard.
By comparison i had a goblin 770 , 120 tails , 24t pulley on a comp tail (+7.8mm disk) and it's no match for the logo tail. I made my way thru the goblins rather quickly , all sold now which free's up cash for more logo's

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2016, 12:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like the same problem I was having with my L700. It took more polishing than I expected, especially on the pitch slider. It took about 5 consecutive flights, removing pitch slider, and polishing/sanding with 2000 grit wet and dry until the wags were completely gone. Mechanics are still very tight, no slop. Tail is rock solid now. I was bummed at first but have heard others with similar results.
Dirtyburd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2016, 01:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

thanks for the input guys. wondering how long the TT setup will last.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

i am too comparing a Logo700 or a 700X for my 2017 heli purchase..

i have flown the logo 480xx, 500 3d, 550sx , 600 3D, 600sx,, not sure if i am still keen spending a 999 kit or a 1300 complete RTF 700X heli
Old 12-27-2016, 03:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfreak3D View Post
i am too comparing a Logo700 or a 700X for my 2017 heli purchase..

i have flown the logo 480xx, 500 3d, 550sx , 600 3D, 600sx,, not sure if i am still keen spending a 999 kit or a 1300 complete RTF 700X heli
If money is a big consideration then the choice is pretty clear, the Trex is unbeatable 'bang for buck'. If anything the Trex is also a little lighter than the Logo. I'm not knocking the Logo, I'm sure it's a very good heli, but looking at it objectively on the value for money scale there is no competition.

But buying helis is not an entirely objective process, it's as much emotional, which is harder to quantify.
Gob Kraken |Gob 700 BT 'T' | Gob 770 Comp | Gob 700 Speed | Trex 700X | SoXos Strike 7| Tarot 600| | XLPower 700 | Henseleit TDR & TDR2 | Kasama Dune | UK distributor for Tarot 550/600 helis - ScotiaRC.co.uk
Smoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2016, 05:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

i would get more infos before decide .. both heli looks super good..
Old 12-27-2016, 07:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Logo flys easy, as with all logos they make you look better at flying

But its a hard call if you still have a Chronos in your fleet. Just maidened my Chronos today, along side flying the logo, and while the setups are not the same for a weight comparison - the Chronos is at the very least equal to the logo, if not a bit better for smacking IMO.

Either way the new logo won't let you down, I'm sure most of the bugs in the first batch are sorted now
Old 12-27-2016, 07:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I appreciate the suggestions. Tail is smooth and falls under its own weight. I've tried the shims under the ball grip. Didn't help. I'm running an MKS HBL990 HV servo on 8V, so that should be ok.

At this point I'm just going to ignore it and let everything just break in. It's really not an issue, just annoys me. lol. Fly's great. In Funnels and Hurricanes (well more like Tropical Storms the way I fly) the tail is solid.

Thanks
R.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty View Post
RJ ..

Is the tail super smooth ? I've had no issues with my 700/800XX's.

One did give me a hard time though. My solution was to put a thin shim under the ball to the grip connection.

My issue was that with one grip installed it was butter smooth , perfect. Once I connected the second side it wasn't quite as smooth with some slightly tighter spots (like a speed bump if that makes sense).

I fussed and fussed with it for a few nights , i did happen to notice that when both 2mm bolts (bolt thru tail grip) were loosened (say 2 turns out each) it was better.

Then i got some super thin shims ( trex 450-500 washout arm to headblock would be my best guess) from my washer bin. Put one on each side and it wasn't better.

I had a personal struggle with me and my OCD to one put one washer under one side it was very smooth. Slight wag was gone.

Futaba 256hv tail servo / vbar silverline pro / 2s rx pack.

I also had read about another instance where the tail had a tight spot and sent tail into mikadousa and it came back with a shim

My first 800 was shimmed , second 800 not , first 700 not , second one shimmed. So no rhyme or reason to it. If i had to guess mold flash or contraction of molds cooling (its a thin washer after all)

next up check inside the grip for moulding flash. I haven't had it happen to me personally but have read about it a few times in the forums (7/800)

(no offence) running a HV tail servo on 5.6/6 volts will cause that also.

Of course all this fussing and shimming isn't needed after a few hundred flights as it's fully polished and broken it .
--------

I've found the logo XX/new 700 tail to be the best I've flown. Will make some noise but won't chatter when loaded hard.
By comparison i had a goblin 770 , 120 tails , 24t pulley on a comp tail (+7.8mm disk) and it's no match for the logo tail. I made my way thru the goblins rather quickly , all sold now which free's up cash for more logo's

Martin
Old 12-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The one thing, and the biggest thing for me that has not been mentioned...Customer service. This is something that most people don't think about. Mikado sets the bar here that most fall short of. So when comparing brands, prices, ect, don't leave out customer service.
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2016, 02:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
The one thing, and the biggest thing for me that has not been mentioned...Customer service. This is something that most people don't think about. Mikado sets the bar here that most fall short of. So when comparing brands, prices, ect, don't leave out customer service.
Thats why Im switching my fleet to Logo's. already have the 550sx and 690sx. Logo 700 is delayed from ups. Should be here this weeks. Looking to get the 600sx and 480xx. Fly with all neo and 2 vcontrol. It just works. Spend more time flying than thinkering
sikwati is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2016, 02:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

can someone post up pictures of the drivetrain..,..i missed ircha and did not get to see it. the TT gears are what i am worried about. i am killing a set of synergy gears in less than 50 flights on a syn e7se and its really annoying.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Drive train right from the logo 700/800 XX series.

Only way to break a gear in 50 flights is to crash it.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in