Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2017, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Accurc vrs phoenix

Hi, been flying the Phoenix sim for couple years and have the 5.5l update version since release, while it was pretty good never was able to get the heli's to fly right,always seemed too difficult to fly smooth in and out moves. Received accurc from amain hobbies and it is every thing that is promised,after setting up a basic cp heli model on the tx it took about a halve hour to set up and have a operating flight sim. Went wireless with a dsmx remote receiver and the bind process,transmiter setup was effortless. The disc in the package is the 1.5 version. The next day downloaded version 2 and it is awesome, fully configurable heli's,change blades,motors,servo's,canopies,pinion gears,to name a few components. The different flying scenes are so realistic it has to be seen to believe, total game changer! The sim heli's fly as close to irl as there is ,lots of big 550class and up heli's to choose from. Thanks accurc for all the hard work to build such a great flight sim!
Beserkr likes this.
beastx / Helithunder( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1X...s3ZRqyqpkMA11Q )
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2017, 01:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had no idea I could just buy it from amain.

Been waiting 5 weeks for on a dongle from the UK.

Glad to hear you like it. Turns are my biggest complaint with Phoenix. The heli feel like it has no mass. Just feels wrong--never feels locked. That and the graphics look pretty dated on a 55" TV.

Not to knock Phoenix--between it and and an mcpx I learned how to fly cp

Just hoping accurc is the game changer. The next step if you will. Hopefully this week I can start a

"oh yeah man--this sim is hot --forget all the other ones" thread.
Old Friends--Trex 700n, Trex 600n, Trex 700L, Compass EXO, Gaui X5, Blade 450x, Blade 180cfx, Blade 130x, Blade mcpx, Walkera 4#6
fluxcapacitor121 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

check out accurc youtube channel for configurations vid's.
apper001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2017, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not wanting to start a debate but just want to share my experience. I've been flying pheonix for about 6 years so I know it well and it works great for me and flies very much like my real helis after adjusting a few parameters.

I gave accurc a shot and flew it for about 5 hours on my laptop which is an average laptop in the performance range. (1000 bucks) same computer I fly pheonix on. Accurc simulated hovering and sport flying really well to me but when I started doing 3d manuvers it started flying weird and not realistic. My other complaints are there isn't very many parameters to adjust disc loading feel and the menus used to navigate through the sim are slow and not laid out very well compared to pheonix.

My computer may be a factor in my experience though because accurc needs a lot of pc power. However both sims will do the job in teaching you orientations and manuvers and save you a ton of money in crashed helis
dominator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017, 02:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i was just wondering if accurc has an online feature, and if so are there many users. one of the best features of phoenix is the online flying feature works well and is usually fairly populated.

in terms of realism of phoenix, ive always thought it was generally very good, and comparable to realflight in spite of what others say. i dont like the small helis, but the nitro helis like the raptor 50 seem to have a nice feeling of mass, and tuning of the helis makes a massive difference too. i think a lot of people are being misled by the more exciting sound of effects of realflight. turn those cues off and the sims are similar.

as to criticisms of dynamics, no complaints really. ive always thought phoenix models things like funnels and circuits extremely well. it doesnt really pander to you and you really have to feather in exactly the correct disk angle and collective for the type of funnel you are doing.

someone is lending me their accurc soon, so i will be able to coment on whether its a step up from phoenix. but im not expecting flight dynamics to be significantly different to a properly tuned phoenix heli. all these sims are pretty mature products nowadays
Old 01-08-2017, 03:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me Accurc is ways ahead of flying realism, configurability and heli setup. Bit different approach of setup but much more advanced.
apper001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017, 03:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

All the sims are good. They let us fly in the winter etc and keep our skills up. Debating which one is best will go on forever. Just have one and enjoy your real helis too.
Beserkr likes this.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017, 08:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by apper001 View Post
For me Accurc is ways ahead of flying realism, configurability and heli setup. Bit different approach of setup but much more advanced.
how can it be way ahead in flying realism when phoenix has it pretty close already. this is not subjective opinion; if it was not close to reality it wouldnt translate to real flying as well as it does. there would be some very obvious problems, but i dont see this with either planes or helis. ok i can see minor gains could be possible but big leaps are not available at this very late stage in sim evolution, law of diminishing returns sees to that.

same thing with realflight v phoenix. people state categorically realflight is much better too but im not seeing it. as i said before, people can be influenced by sound effects and poor user set up. most phoenix helis are pretty poorly set up as stock and might disappoint some users if they dont set them up properly or use the wrong ones.

anyway, i'll be trying accurc soon, and im happy to be proven wrong. but i was very underwhelmed by realflight 7 so im not expecting accurc to be much better either. not that realflight is a bad sim or anything, i love it, just the promised realism over phoenix wasnt there to my eyes.

the exciting thing about accurc is it models the complete mechanicals of an rc heli. but that doesnt mean the helis will end up automatically flying more realistically if phoenix already gets this aspect very close.to reality, which i think it does. i definitely agree its a more advanced way of making a sim though.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got Phoenix, RF and AccuRC.

I considered RF quite a bit better than Phoenix and AccuRC felt a little better than RF when I first tried it, but then when I went back to RF, RF felt wrong.

In RF I used the TT E700 model and tweaked it a bit to fly like my lighter helis. That seemed to work really well.

The true proof for me is that last Winter I dialed in the FBL controller in AccuRC and then transferred the settings to all my FBL controllers. When I went to the airfield everything felt perfect.

In AccuRC I've tweaked the Logo 600 model and it flies like my lighter helis do at the appropriate head speeds.

What some people have said is that Phoenix has less lag time and if you are hammering 3D Phoenix feels better for very fast transitions. I tend to fly lower head speeds and AccuRC is nuts on the most accurate at representing low headspeeds at least to me.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
What some people have said is that Phoenix has less lag time and if you are hammering 3D Phoenix feels better for very fast transitions. I tend to fly lower head speeds and AccuRC is nuts on the most accurate at representing low headspeeds at least to me.
This was my experience. When I flew sport style or just hovering orientations on AccuRC it flew great and very realistic more so than phoenix. But when I started doing 3d it didnt feel very realistic at all compared to phoenix. Hard 3d in pheonix is prettly close to the real thing if you tune your models to have the same power as in real life
dominator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default wireless

I use a DX9 Tx how do I go wireless on the Accurc?
Thanks.
kansas-terry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas-terry View Post
I use a DX9 Tx how do I go wireless on the Accurc?
Thanks.
Hello Terry
It is easy to make a cable up to use a Spektrum sat...
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=673604
Old 01-28-2017, 11:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
I tend to fly lower head speeds and AccuRC is nuts on the most accurate at representing low headspeeds at least to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
This was my experience. When I flew sport style or just hovering orientations on AccuRC it flew great and very realistic more so than phoenix. But when I started doing 3d it didnt feel very realistic at all compared to phoenix. Hard 3d in pheonix is prettly close to the real thing if you tune your models to have the same power as in real life
Are you guys talking about the old AccuRC, or about the new V2?

Thanks
Zoide is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2021, 11:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anybody try Next R/C simulator?
Beau4it is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2021, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you dug up a 4yr old thread, in the AccuRC forum, to ask if anybody here has tried a competing sim?

:-D

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
richardv, jrman83 and Johnny31297 like this.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2021, 05:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
So you dug up a 4yr old thread, in the AccuRC forum, to ask if anybody here has tried a competing sim?

:-D

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
look at his join date. He is probably only now able to reply to posts, not start new ones. I joined two years ago and had to do a bunch of replying beforei could start new posts.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 04:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau4it View Post
AccuRC is better.. obviously!
Ade_Law is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2021, 07:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau4it View Post
neXt is my favorite for Helis. Latest versions won't work at all without some Graphics power. The latest version that will work on one of my desktops is 1.469 but the latest 1.69 will work on my Dell tower 3.2 ghz dual core. It has better Graphics built into the mother board. I'd love to get a good card for it but they aint cheap. 250 for min card to like way over 1000 bucks for the best.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

you can pick up gtx 9xx or 10xx series graphics cards which will run AccuRC maxed out very cheaply now 2nd hand as people are upgrading their high end gaming rigs.
Ade_Law is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2021, 12:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_Law View Post
you can pick up gtx 9xx or 10xx series graphics cards which will run AccuRC maxed out very cheaply now 2nd hand as people are upgrading their high end gaming rigs.
Or if you're really, really, really heavily on a budget, although I wouldn't recommend with such old gear, I have two PCs here that have GTX760s in them that run AccuRC on Ultra settings in 1920x1080 at 144FPS with no issues. Even VR on the Oculus Rift DK2. Those go for like 40 bucks these days.
jasond1979 likes this.
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in