Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 250 CFX issue

First flight out of the box and it sounds like the ESC or motor has issues. Any thoughts on the sound it's making in this video? BTW I'm a complete newbie.
Attached Files
File Type: mov trim.FC5E9A5D-6494-4298-9A97-EDDEA108B0F6.MOV (6.09 MB, 230 views)

Last edited by rockrawl; 01-10-2017 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Added video
rockrawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrawl View Post
First flight out of the box and it sounds like the ESC or motor has issues. Any thoughts on the sound it's making in this video? BTW I'm a complete newbie.
That's actually normal for this heli, Keep flying it , and you can also adjust main gear mesh and put a drop on lube on main gear and motor bearings to quiet it down some...Other guys have down some other things, but mine has gotten quieter the more i fly it..
Old 01-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you know you were inverted?

On the serious side, did not have any audio on you video. It's probably not the ESC as it won't make any noise..... that indicates that what ever noise you are hearing is probably the main gear. They are shipping with the mesh between pinion and main gear way too tight. That's the first place to liik. See if you can give us some audio so we can narrow it down.
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for replying. I was just wanting to make sure it was normal. It flies fine but the sound made me a little nervous.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Laugh For/The/Day..........

Just returned from our weekly "Indoor/Fly"......got reprimanded for flying my 250CFX too aggressively .......OK, but get this, I fly in stability mode & I'm 79 yrs old ......
Tande is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got my 250 cfx a couple of weeks ago. I too was a little concerned with the peculiar noise it was making. I looked on HF under the Blade 250 cfx form and noticed I was not the only one to have odd noises. So, I kept flying it and after about 20-30 flights the noise lessened to the point I didn't notice it as much if at all. Could be the main gear and pinion had broken in and loosened up a bit. I would not be overly concerned with the noise since it didn't effect the the performance. Keep flying.
heinz9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tande View Post
Just returned from our weekly "Indoor/Fly"......got reprimanded for flying my 250CFX too aggressively .......OK, but get this, I fly in stability mode & I'm 79 yrs old ......
Just wait till they see you fly in IU2. They may bann you for life.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tande View Post
Nice

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2017, 04:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been testing my brand new 250 with different size batteries and it does the same thing. Glad I found this thread as I though it was faulty.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

double post
flappist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just recently started flying my 250cfx and have had no issues whatsoever.
cwmoss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was delivered my 250 cfx Wednesday & after charging the battery & checking everything out, I tried a hover off of a wooden table. This thing has a serious chicken dance when being spooled up, after a five minute test flight, I put it away. Last evening, after recharging the battery, I got ready to fly it again & the chicken dance was worse, had to move it three times after spooling down to keep it from flipping over. The last time I spooled it up, it jumped off the table & hit the deck @ half flight headspeed. This broke the landing gear off & stripped the main gear with no other damage. I had a replacement landing gear set, but no main gear. The landing skids were replaced & then it was flown off the grass with no problems except a noisy main gear. HH does not have a replacement main gear, so I bought a deldrin one from Microheli. Anybody run into this problem?

6/17/2017 MicroHeli package of repair parts showed up in the mail yesterday, so repairs tonight.

Last edited by FloridaAKM; 06-14-2017 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: More info
FloridaAKM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2017, 06:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM View Post
I was delivered my 250 cfx Wednesday & after charging the battery & checking everything out, I tried a hover off of a wooden table. This thing has a serious chicken dance when being spooled up, after a five minute test flight, I put it away.
"Chicken dance" is normal for this heli and 230s. The more I fly it the less and less it becomes an issue. Most normal mode take-offs now after a 150 flights it will seldomly dance around at all. But I'm always on guard when spinning it up just in case. Some suggest spinning it up on IU1 or 2. Supposedly, that will turn off the normal mode where the gyro is ultra sensitive and twitchy. This also works well for the 230s.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

After more experience, I found out that if you put four small dampeners on the landing skids @ each corner, the CFX250 sticks to the table/ground like glue till the headspeed is up & the collective is positive; then she lifts off scale like. Landings are the reverse & are perfect now. More small foam dampeners are in the purchase que for the rest of the birds!
Old 12-17-2017, 10:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM View Post
After more experience, I found out that if you put four small dampeners on the landing skids @ each corner, the CFX250 sticks to the table/ground like glue till the headspeed is up & the collective is positive; then she lifts off scale like. Landings are the reverse & are perfect now. More small foam dampeners are in the purchase que for the rest of the birds!
Great idea ! I will try it ..
Old 12-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

That and get it off the ground asap. My 230 did the same thing so I'd always spool up in IU so I could keep it pinned down with a little negative pitch till it was spooled up enough to pop it off the ground.

Extra helpful with the 230 since it also eliminated the tilting swash behavior you get on the ground in stability mode.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine was defiantly louder than the 230s I had but not as loud as some of the video's I watched. I started out with a bump in the road on the second flight the tail motor gave up the ghost. Horizon sent me a new one.
While I waited for the tail motor to come I decided to pull the main motor and do the Loctite Mod (just because) and used a piece of paper to do main gear to pinion gap.

I just did a flight (since we are having a heat wave..39 degree's) I can't believe how much quieter it is now. I think the gear mesh is what makes the difference. Can't believe the Loctite motor bearing Mod made a difference since it only had a couple of flights.

It fly's rock solid... I mean "hands off". I feel much better selling the 230s to give this a try.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I find that the bird is very quiet if you leave off the canopy, but then it is harder to see @ a distance.

That said, this afternoon while flying the 250CFX in the March winds. I was flying long circuits out over the property of about 100 meters out when the heli did a 180 on the return leg for no reason. Flying it back to the table I took off from, it was making a weird noise that I have never heard before. It was still flying somewhat okay, so I landed it to see what was the problem. After the blades stopped, I saw what was the issue & wondered how it even flew back. The three bladed prop on the tail had lost one blade somehow in flight & didn't vibrate it apart or drive the FBL receiver crazy. Having a spare pack of blades let me keep flying for the rest of the day, but that is a first for this heli to lose a tailrotor blade & come home without crashing.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default It's the Canopy/Frame (noise)

Put something, say velcro or foam, on the bottom of frame or inside of canopy to dampen vibrations!

I bet your noise lessens considerably. Not my idea, i think it was someone elses here on HF

The Carbon Fiber frame and canopy (fiberglass?) touching each other basically amplifies the 250's noise, from what i understand.

Hopefully this fix will allow relaxing park flights
Bunnyshooter223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2018, 12:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have just started using stunt mode 1 and it is constantly wanting to go to the left. I have the right trim allost to max but not solving the problem. I am starting to shorten the right collective rod but am hesitant to continue with that unless that is the correct way to address this problem. Also when I punch the throttle the heli spins to left Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by tulebender; 04-13-2018 at 01:39 AM..
tulebender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.