Align t-rex 150 and 150x parts compatibility - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. Ordered the upgrade kit earlier today. The longer blade holders aren't available separately in the UK at the moment. Am running a micro spirit on my 150 DFC and the extra resolution will help me dial it in.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
abit late is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPW View Post
I would not think extra 1.5mm in shaft length would make any difference in flight. The upgrade or increase in rotor arm length should make a improvement but again long or short shaft should not affect flight.

New Long Shaft
150 Main Shaft H15H014XX $6.99
Stainless steel Main Shaft 52.6mm
1.5mm seems like such a small number but then I think, well, if the total throw is 10mm then 1.5mm is 15% ... which would definitely be noticeable.. But I don't have the two shafts to truly compare total throw increase ... If it was noticeable it should slow down the roll rate
Old 08-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just installed the upgrade shaft and arms. It does make a difference in 150, not 150x, more cyclic throw. The geometry is not square with it. Arms are angled down. Looks wrong as can be, but works great. Gives like 2 degrees more cyclic both directions. Wont work with 150x I believe. Really necessary if put 150x grs in 150. 150x grs seems to have less cyclic throw then a 150 mrs. Putting 150x parts into a 150 is not nearly straight forward performance wise. I ended up disabling auto level (it did work but poorly and caused other 150 problems) and went with manual 3d setup. Flys fantastic now, zero movement piro if that is important to you. Very frustrating getting mixed parts configured.
lakodathecat is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2017, 04:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakodathecat View Post
Just installed the upgrade shaft and arms. It does make a difference in 150, not 150x, more cyclic throw. The geometry is not square with it. Arms are angled down. Looks wrong as can be, but works great. Gives like 2 degrees more cyclic both directions. Wont work with 150x I believe. Really necessary if put 150x grs in 150. 150x grs seems to have less cyclic throw then a 150 mrs. Putting 150x parts into a 150 is not nearly straight forward performance wise. I ended up disabling auto level (it did work but poorly and caused other 150 problems) and went with manual 3d setup. Flys fantastic now, zero movement piro if that is important to you. Very frustrating getting mixed parts configured.
Have you ever try to increase rates in grs app? Original expert setting is quite slow and after tweaking my grs has same roll rate as mrs now. The only downside is the very slow attitude mode.
johnniechang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2017, 01:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks I had the roll rate to 96. Can't trust in app, so I always set heli-upgrades with a digital pitch gage, 10 pitch and 8 cyclic. Out of the box 150X GRS in a 150 full cyclic is like 4. The longer arm/shaft increase it to 6. Then by ignoring the app you can increase the cyclic to 8 by increasing the travel.
lakodathecat is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.