Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

View Poll Results: Who wants an RCHN 3.0 and would you pay for it?
Yes, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! 44 70.97%
Yes, but I keep my money. 6 9.68%
No 12 19.35%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2017, 09:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Keeping the "Nation" going is a great thing to do. But.

Seems like they all want to let it go and get on with their lives, both in and outside the hobby. Didn't like hearing RC Today Show going away, Didn't like hearing Inside Heli go away. Didn't like hearing All things that fly go as well. They're all in the past now. Except the switch from Inside Heli to RC Today, you could tell it might be going that way.

Started listening to Free Fall RC as soon as i heard it mentioned in this forum. It's cool to listen to them grow in the hobby as they go along. Also there is Angle of Attack Podcast, they aren't real hard core heli related but do touch on the subject. They do have a live chat that goes on during the show. So you can contribute to a discussion and add to the show a little.

Probably will never be another RCHeliNation, even if Dan and the rest of the crew bring it back . I really don't think it would be the same not bad, just not the same.

Thanks for all the good times, advice, tech tips, laughs and so on..

chuck
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2017, 10:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would subscribe at $5 a month, for a once or twice a month podcast. However, only if it was the same cast that the show ended with.

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 01:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I would pay but....

Dan & Nick,

I'm sorry you had to take the time to reply to my idiotic post.

I was reading between the lines, so I just removed it.

I was Dick for saying what I said, & it won't happen again.
BK Jeti DS 14 - AccuRC - NEXT

Last edited by Damn_encode; 02-01-2017 at 11:10 AM..
Damn_encode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 04:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well

you could not be more wrong in your assessment of how this all went down.

frankly it pisses me off that anyone would say that my good friend Nick would attempt to bully me into anything.

for the past several years I have put my all into this show. I have given up trips with family and friends because I knew that we had a show to put out every week. I was ok with that because as much as i would have loved to go hang out with my family and friends, I loved this show even more

but there comes a time when you have to look at what you have done and say to yourself.... you know what.. we did something really cool here and as much as i would like to keep it going.. i know that i just dont have the drive that it takes to keep the quality at a level that i have come to expect from myself.. that is not fair to the crew of RCHN or those that enjoyed our show week after week.

am i going to miss it.. you bet i am but i know that it ran its course

no need to try to analyze what was said on that last episode.. no reading between the lines is required.

-Dan
Relisys190 likes this.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:52 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I miss the crew, but these guys earned their retirement many times over. Thank you Dan, Nick, Justin, Jessie and I hope you guys don't get too busy to keep in touch with one another.

Sent from my Tandy TRS80 using BleepBloop

Last edited by dmorrow71; 02-01-2017 at 09:54 PM..
dmorrow71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 10:06 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Who wants RCHN 3.0 and would you pay for it?

+1

and a very measured and thoughtful reply, Mr Reed.

i think we just miss the show. i listen to many podcasts but RCHN was the only one that mattered. i would have given up all the rest for just that one.

thanks for everything you guys put into it. it will not be easily forgotten.
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 08:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxison View Post

V2.0 was truly something special. I doubt we will ever see a RC podcast surpass the quality, humor, & content that these guys provided.

I doubt you will hear many podcasts of any kind with the quality of RCHN. I listen to a lot of podcasts and still haven't heard any as good for all the qualities you mentioned.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's like a rock band they replace the singer but it's never really the same band ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smk-A$$-3Dô is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2017, 07:59 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
I'd gladly throw $10 or so a month towards it. They've cost me FAR more in getting me to switch to iKON and Hobbywing ESC units.
Let's to just donate 10$ a month just to keep rescue on our fbl's
How tv shows /movies / networks/ ect ect on TV make their money? Or how does networks make money?
Royalties. The more people who listen or watch.
The connection or broadcast ch pay the royalties and that's how they make their money.
Paying for connection. Verizon/comcast/ cable... internet ....ect ect... music royalties ect ect... Sirius XM Radio example..
People broadcasting podcast. on certain paid broadcasted pod cast would pay royalties.

Point being the public does not have to pay direct. Royalties on networks pay for all of this.
Smk-A$$-3Dô is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 04:12 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

They're like Clarkson, May & Hammond - impossible to replace and it only cheapens the brand to try.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolders View Post
They're like Clarkson, May & Hammond - impossible to replace and it only cheapens the brand to try.
I couldn't think of a good way to put into words what I was feeling, but this is exactly it. It took me a while to come to terms that there was not going to be any more RCHN. For me the guys of RCHN were like my friends as much as they may have hated answering my questions. But I got to listen to them weekly, and even when I wasn't feeling that "into" the hobby, the show always was a draw to me, and kept bringing me back. Now the show is gone, and unfortunately the draw is gone. I'll probably keep a couple small helis for fun, but move on to other hobbys now.

Am I sad that RCHN is gone? Yeah. Would I pay for it to come back, maybe if it were the original cast, but I listened to the last episode a couple of times and I agree with what they were thinking. New crew, same "franchise"? No thanks. It wouldn't be the same, and anyone hoping it was would leave, the show would flop. Top Gear America and Top Gear Australia suck, they try too hard to have the chemistry and have character that fit the "niches" that the original 3 fit. The new Amazon Grand Tour is great. Why? Because it's the same three guys having a good time and doing what they do.

As someone who lost their hobby when we lost the show, I'd have to say it's best to let it rest. Let it go down in history as the best RC podcast of all time.
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 03:15 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1
Thank you sir
RCHN Citizan #517 (FORZA 700) (FORZA 450) (GOBLIN 500) (ALIGN 600 DFC PRO) (OXY3 285) (RAPTOR 30 V1First heli I bought in 2004 ) Jeti DS-16
Jerry1067 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 07:19 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Totally agree

I have to say I absolutely agree with the last three guys above me. Comparing RCHN to Top Gear is right on. I think I have gone back and watched every episode of them I could find just like when I found RCHN I went back and started from show 1 and listened all the way through. I don't know if those guys could ever be replaced and be the same show at all. The best thing to do now is still let people know about them and what they did and fly out west to meet them at their fun fly. I know there are so many of us they haven't met but to us they are great heli friends.
Trex 700 DFC Helibug gasser B.H. Hanson modified 300maxx engine and BD 3SX
Ksnyder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dan,

I'll just say this.. I quit flying helis a couple years ago, but continued listening to your show because I loved listening to you guys. If you guys choose to host a crocheting one day... i would probably listen to that as well.

You guys have something great between you all. Wish you all the best!
Old 08-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbatxx View Post
they said money was never the issue.
offering to pay is not going to change anything.
I hear what you are saying, but don't discount that money is always an issue. If you gave all 4 of them a 50% raise over their day jobs to work 8 hours a day flying helis and producing content, then they could head home from work to spend time with their families/friends/life, I suspect we would have RCHNv3, and it would be amazing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in