Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Brain2 and coolkosmik

With this thread I would like to put together the infos that you guys can have on the eventual evolution of the situation.

I had an answer from kontronik the same as one of you.
Saying that kontronik is talking to see if they are interested of making business with MSH

Sooooo any further news????

MSH P500😍
MSH P700😈
trakassin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothing yet.

It's too bad for them and their customers. Great product. But they choose a path to not inter-operate. It could change, but unlikely.

Integrating telemtry far advances what Tellme can do as well. So you pay $90 for less features you get free on other esc. Hopefully at some point they feel compelled to do it. We already have 3 major ESC brands supporting this direction in the hobby.

Anyway no need to ask us. Ask them. And vote with your next purchase.

Last edited by OnTheSnap; 01-27-2017 at 06:05 PM..
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2017, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just sold my last 2 Kontronik Kosmik 200amp esc and replaced them with hobbywing, too bad they didnt want to work with us
Old 01-27-2017, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Nothing yet.

It's too bad for them and their customers. Great product. But they choose a path to not inter-operate. It could change, but unlikely.

Integrating telemtry far advances what Tellme can do as well. So you pay $90 for less features you get free on other esc. Hopefully at some point they feel compelled to do it. We already have 3 major ESC brands supporting this direction in the hobby.

Anyway no need to ask us. Ask them. And vote with your next purchase.

Alex, my wish was not to ask MSH right here.
It's more to concentrate all the brain2/coolkosmik user/owner who are frustrated by the position of kontronik .

If we can make a group of guys to create a more powerful and "heavy" voice than kontronik will maybe listen.

The good point for the other ESC brand (not for me) is the coolkosmik is already loosing atractivity from pilote.
I've got a less than 100 flights coolkosmik for sell since 3 weeks, 180 view and 2 touch 😞
Before the MSH release it was so easy to sell a product of this quality but not anymore 😞

MSH P500😍
MSH P700😈
Old 01-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think forums will help much to the cause. I think they are probably a pretty introspective organization. And writing them directly is the best that you can do as a customer.

It's a major shift for them as a company to support it. They have been saying no for years to JLOG, and other 3rd parties. But we all hope they choose a new path.

Eventually they will probably choose to integrate. But may or may not be in the distant future.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

So are you guys suggesting that the only difference between a kosmik and a hobbywing is the more detailed and integrated telemetry solution ? There is nothing more of value in its physical construction ?

I'm asking, not reminding or criticizing. I always though the kosmik had a higher grade of innards unique to itself.

In which case, would it not still maintain its value ? Or is the only difference the color of the case and the telemetry flexibility.
jsbach#1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2017, 07:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbach#1 View Post
So are you guys suggesting that the only difference between a kosmik and a hobbywing is the more detailed and integrated telemetry solution ? There is nothing more of value in its physical construction ?

I'm asking, not reminding or criticizing. I always though the kosmik had a higher grade of innards unique to itself.

In which case, would it not still maintain its value ? Or is the only difference the color of the case and the telemetry flexibility.
I'm not comparing anything beyond the ability to integrate. But they also choose to not support external governors in addition to not supporting 3rd party telemetry.

There was a time when ESC's were falling all over themselves, and Kontronik had an advantage in reliability. Personally not true at this point for me.

So it comes down to features, cost, reliability, size, BEC for my feature matrix. Some major boxes not being ticked without the integration and external gov capability.

This season all my machines are running a 4525-530, 130HW combo. Saves a lot of weight. Insane performance. So this is the route I'm going. I will also pick up a couple Tribunus HV when they hit the market and see how that goes.

If the direct changes here, I will run my Kosmik again. Which now sits collecting dust at MSH Italy hoping for progress on the integration.

My 2c.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
vote with your next purchase.
Five kontronik kosmik controllers for sale in the classified section since the beginning of january. Customers have chosen
Old 01-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's also a bummer that TellMe consumes a full ExBus port. So guys wanting telemetry with kosmik have to have a Rex with jeti. In the US this is painful since the smallest option shipping is rex7. Rex3 won't ship until FCC approval even though they are in stock.

Oh well.

In an ideal world they would allow us to disable the 2 way request/reply interface they made and just send telemtry out after power up like the rest do. Then it's much easier for FBL's to implement support.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,

So is it true that kontronik is going to collaborate with MSH for the coolkosmik communication ?

MSH P500😍
MSH P700😈
Old 02-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, looks like good news. Stay tuned.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmm cool!!!!

MSH P500😍
MSH P700😈
Old 02-03-2017, 03:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds good !! TOP
kollech1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 09:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great, wont ditch ot just yet then. Excellent progress!
desmofred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2017, 02:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, looks like good news. Stay tuned.
Any news from Kontronik? :rolleyes:
phailipp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in