Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2017, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sudden lack of power

Started a flight with my 250 cfx with a fresh battery and after around 30 second it suddenly had no power at all anymore (and went into the snow)
It wasnt a battery problem, as it was still close to full.
Does someone have an idea, what might be the problem?
Deortis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How far away were you? Could have been a loss of signal, which triggers safe-mode, which kills the power. Eflite pack?

Oxy 2/3/4; P380; Logo 700 project starting soon; DX9
Lynx Heli Innovations Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2017, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fly it again.......

If it does it again, look at the ESC and see if it is "pulsing" on and off. It so, this indicates that the low voltage cutoff has activated.

Besides being a potentially defective ESC, the following can be the cause:

1. Battery is under spec C rating causing low voltage after a straining maneuver

2. Cold outside temperature

3. A cell could be weak on the battery and fall below the cutoff threshold. Battery will still read good after it recovered but will fall off quickly in flight.

First thing to do is isolate with the above info by flying.
Second is use another known good battery and see if it happens again.
Third, check all connections and make sure there isn't a cold joint on the leads to the ESC.

Let us know and we'll try to help solve your issue..... a little more history on the heli will help too!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If tx voltage is too low it may have triggered failsafe also.

Maybe battery connection was not completely secure on heli?

Rx may have lost signal somehow.
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2017, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flying in the snow you say? Did you pre-warm the lipo battery before the flight? They don't like the cold. Ideally they should be flown at least 20C can cause power failure and or damage the battery else.
Oxy 2 FE x 2, 180cfx full Rakon uBrain v2 BA-8-1 cyclic H0988UHS tail, 180cfx spartan lynx pro tail, 130 full rotary bx, 130 Xtreme build, 130x stock, nano cpx dbl bl, nano cpx wild bl, DX8, Phoenix sim for practice. For fpv Phantom 3 pro.
Bhujang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 250 has a rather weird battery plug that "half attaches" and if you push it all the way in is quite difficult to remove.
Make sure you were fully connected.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
My 250 has a rather weird battery plug that "half attaches" and if you push it all the way in is quite difficult to remove.
Make sure you were fully connected.
Yes! .....they can be VERY difficult.......this http://www.harborfreight.com/snap-ri...ads-60531.html is what I use......BINGO! ...
Tande is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2017, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did anyone resolve this lack of power problem. Mine does the same. I going to replace esc.
technut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default As stated in a previous post.....

Might want to perform a range test and verify that the radio is not losing signal which can seem like a power loss but is actually a signal loss.

Remember, there is a "fail-safe" so if the signal did drop, the heli would not just keep flying with the last command issued. A signal drop cannot be regained in flight as the combo model/radio need to re-bind. I have tested this with inexpensive helis where I would get it flying and turn the transmitter power off. Heli drops to the ground.

Just throwing ideas out there in case you had not thought of them.
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2017, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried more than one battery to see if it does it with all of them? Preferably one you know is good.

Battery is always the first suspect especially Eflite lipos. Often charge/balance fine but crumble as soon as you put a load on them. Had a few of them in various sizes do this after only one month of use.

Next check wiring for bad/loose connections or damage. You can remove the blades and spool it up then wiggle wires to see if it cuts out or anything.

Do all the testing/checking you can before buying anything. Start with the easiest stuff first.

Sounds like it's hitting lvc
Old 05-12-2017, 08:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Installed a different known good battery todsy. After 1:30 mins it looses power, doesn't shut off but doest have enough power to keep heli airborne. Now some times I'll shutdown then spoolup and heli flys fine. Now I'm scared to get much altitude because it might lose power again. I have a new esc on the way. Will update
technut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had my CFX250 do what you are talking about with the 1:30 minute cutoff of power. It took me 5 hours of searching in a blow down area after Hurricane Irma came thru to find it. The heli was hanging in a cedar tree, nose down so you couldn't see anything but the black nose. It was undamaged luckily as I caught it in a net to soften the 30' drop from the tree. The problem was an adapter from the factory connector to the Graphene battery wasn't fully inserted & it lost power, dropping it into the trees.The adapter is firmly inserted in the heli plug & only disconnected @ the battery. Now no more problems.
FloridaAKM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.