New RC Heli Training tool ( teaches muscle memory ) - Page 4 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2017, 12:46 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

What I'd like so see is force feedback on a radio. You could have the FBL report force feedback data based on how much it has to move the servos to achieve the commanded roll rate.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2017, 01:00 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
What I'd like so see is force feedback on a radio. You could have the FBL report force feedback data based on how much it has to move the servos to achieve the commanded roll rate.

cool idea - means you want to have the unit fly completely independent

There are some issues:
- the current radios would require at least 4 servos = more weight and more complexity and using up more space inside the radio.
- when do you want the feeding back from the FBL system? So a fully autonomous system where you pre-program the figures into your radio or FBL system and the system now moving the sticks for you when in the air? For that you would need no more force back - all you need is program a unit and let the heli fly based on your program I ams sure its doable but I prefer learning to fly.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:06 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4711 View Post
cool idea - means you want to have the unit fly completely independent

There are some issues:
- the current radios would require at least 4 servos = more weight and more complexity and using up more space inside the radio.
- when do you want the feeding back from the FBL system? So a fully autonomous system where you pre-program the figures into your radio or FBL system and the system now moving the sticks for you when in the air? For that you would need no more force back - all you need is program a unit and let the heli fly based on your program I ams sure its doable but I prefer learning to fly.
I think you misunderstand, I mean the radio gives you force feedback like you'd have piloting a full scale helicopter.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:42 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I think you misunderstand, I mean the radio gives you force feedback like you'd have piloting a full scale helicopter.
Yes I misunderstood that part. Still it would require 4 more servos in the unit (more power consumption, more weight, more room in the transmitter).
I guess as long as it could be tuned at a level where it might not get annoying it would be fun.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:45 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The centering springs on the TX cyclic stick do just that don't they?
Most full scale helicopters use a spring arrangement on the cyclic as well for force feed back to the pilot.
Unless we are talking about two different things.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:30 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

They only have 17 backers from the US so far (compared to 103 from Germany). So the US market (which is a huge one) is still untapped for this project and I think they should concentrate their marketing effort on it. If they managed to do this they will reach their target easily.
terhoutd is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 10:04 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb Here's a Good Idea : and What does this indicate ???

Quote : They only have 17 backers from the US so far (compared to 103 from Germany).

Their definitely must be something too that Start Kick Me program .

The good Idea ??

A pair of Myo Electric gloves you just PUT THEM ON & plug in !

With a Y- Connector ? even attach your ear budd's = COOL > tUNES

Cooler ?? Attach that whole thing to your HD / 3D GOGGLES : Good to go

Get the White ones with the sparkly sequins -

With a Up-load /Down Load you could actually play the Piano
GREYEAGLE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 11:45 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
A full scale helo with hydraulic boost and no other augmentation will have zero force feedback. Artificial force generators are installed on the cyclic, and sometimes the pedals, to simulate the feel much like a force feedback joystick controller for computer flight sims and other games.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm always for innovation & options are always good. Maybe for some people this will be good.

Personally, I don't want "muscle memory". I want to be able to actually fly/guide my heli through each maneuver, through mastery of orientation. That simply comes with time and practice. I personally feel that I shouldn't be doing any maneuver that I can NOT comprehend the orientation of. The baby steps built through trial and error are extremely valuable imo. This technique appears to be removing a large portion of that important stage. I would maybe recommend this only to advanced 3d pilots who already have strong orientation skills & just want the basic feel of a maneuver(s) to pick up a few extra tricks. Definitely would NOT recommend this for beginners. I do believe a beginner would be short changing themselves going this route.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:53 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
A full scale helo with hydraulic boost and no other augmentation will have zero force feedback. Artificial force generators are installed on the cyclic, and sometimes the pedals, to simulate the feel much like a force feedback joystick controller for computer flight sims and other games.
Yep, and I'd like that on my RC helis.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:32 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe there is a misunderstanding about the StickMover

First of all, let me say that we also like practicing new figures with our helicopter and of course each of us has to walk this way until he can fly different figures. You can’t just use a StickMover and be at 3D pilot in one week…

The StickMover can only let you feel how to fly a figure. So if you have no idea how to do it, the StickMover can help by guiding your hands. BUT you still need to practice the figure.

So the StickMover is a tool, that can help you reaching your goal fast.
AVIrem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2017, 05:04 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbest View Post
I'm always for innovation & options are always good. Maybe for some people this will be good.

Personally, I don't want "muscle memory". I want to be able to actually fly/guide my heli through each maneuver, through mastery of orientation. That simply comes with time and practice. I personally feel that I shouldn't be doing any maneuver that I can NOT comprehend the orientation of. The baby steps built through trial and error are extremely valuable imo. This technique appears to be removing a large portion of that important stage. I would maybe recommend this only to advanced 3d pilots who already have strong orientation skills & just want the basic feel of a maneuver(s) to pick up a few extra tricks. Definitely would NOT recommend this for beginners. I do believe a beginner would be short changing themselves going this route.
Not sure if its among on muscle memory only. My understanding is its getting you the stick move directly to the visual move. I see not much short cut there except to understand some figures easier. You still have to learn to fly your basics you still have to learn and practice the basics and more advanced maneuvers. A short cut to me is simply skipping most basic maneuvers. Thats something stick mover would not help you to do and actually it would not prevent you skipping maneuvers either.
I have seen enough pilots (regardless tools like stick mover or even sim) who try taking short cuts by skipping some basic flight skills. Its a human decision and some do it while others listen to good advise.

Stick movers as tool only is aimed to understand the maneuvers faster. I see no issue with that. I agree - when people simply try to bypass basic maneuvers and skills then they take an approach that could be dangerous. I would not agree with such approach. However I would not blame the tool.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:58 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

As of 2/27: $52,404 Pledged of $132,783 by 190 Backers with 26 Days to Go

171 Early Bird Spots Left @ $244.00
It's listed that KS backers will receive 10 AVIskills, but AVI has increased that number to 100 AVIskills

Steady Progress....
BK Jeti DS 14 - AccuRC - NEXT
Damn_encode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 01:52 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

As of 3/1: $55,032 Pledged of $132,783 by 202 Backers with 24 Days to Go

162 Early Bird Spots Left @ $244.00

- It's listed that KS backers will receive 10 AVIskills, but AVI has increased that number to 100 AVIskills

- New Video
Christoph Hammer talks about StickMover by AVIrem (1 min 27 sec)
BK Jeti DS 14 - AccuRC - NEXT

Last edited by Damn_encode; 03-02-2017 at 08:08 AM..
Damn_encode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 04:03 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm an early bird backer from the Land of OZ.

Interested in contacting any others.

Also, while the stick mover is principally for learning tricks, I think some basic skills to help the real newbies would increase the potential market. Maybe these could be cheaper (say half or third the price of the more complex skills.

Paolo
2 x mCPX BLs (not used), 1 x 450X, 1 x 450XL (Lynx) (FINALLY off top of local Sports Centre) and 2 x ALIGN 550Ls (1xU/S), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero and an Evoluzione (to be built) (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 05:39 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Paolo,

of course we will bring news skills and also the basic skills will be found inside the product.

So don´t worry about it. We will serve all skills for beginners, advanced and even pros.

Also complete trainings, where you can learn new figures - step by step - are planed.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:52 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am pretty sure this tool will do exactly what it says.

I do not think I would want to use it. But it could be a great tool for someone who is dedicated/regimented to simming and wants to speed up their learning curve.

I would say that Katrin Zajonc's avatar is by far the best thing I have ever seen on Heli Freak.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 06:04 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

@wab 223: Thank you
Old 03-03-2017, 06:38 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today, we have some very interesting news fro you:

FPV:
Besides AEROFLY we now cooperate with NEXT Flight Simulator, which is going to be very interesting for FPV-pilots. We’re really happy to present you the first FPV AVIskills soon.

F3C:
Christoph Hammer (3rd place winner at European Masterships in Poland) is currently recording the first F3C skills you’ll be able to see and feels at the RotorLive tradeshow on March 11th and 12th. Thanks for all your mails regarding F3C!

Aeroplanes:
Our pilot Robin Trumpp has already performed and recorded lots of AVIskills. At the moment, he is in Australia and has a StickMover with him. Once he has returned, we will start recording with him again to make sure our database keeps growing continually.

Preview:
This weekend is going to be exciting: We’re going to meet some of the best FPV pilots to record some AVIskills.

Thanks for your attention. Please share our kickstarter campaign with your friends - we appreciate any support!
Old 03-06-2017, 09:35 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q&A session with Uli and Patrick (4 min 46 sec)
Butscher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.