Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X


mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 459
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Default New mSR S

Has anyone tried the new mSR S yet? Be curious to hear if its better than the mSR X..............
__________________
DX8 GEN 1, Phoenix R/C 5.5 ,Hyperion 720i DUO w/ MW 600 PS,Trex 250 se, Trex 150X, mCPXv1, mSRX, mSR, Walkera 4G#6S , Blade SR, Trex 470LM
prairie ville is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2017, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,537
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

I am curious to find out myself. It will be awhile before I purchase one but i am looking forward to hearing how they fly. The original MSR had the quirk that, if you zoomed across the room and let go of the stick, it would zoom all the way back. The MSR X had issues when it came to turning to the right I believe, it starts going side ways. Strange quirk but it can be fun once you figure out how to compensate for it. Curious to see what quirks the new one has. Only account I have read about it so far, a guy bought one and right out of the box the tail motor failed.
__________________
(lll)---------------TEAM FLYBAR!---------------(lll)

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

Ordered both a Nano CPs and the MSRs at the same time and they came in 3 days ago. Have flown both for probably 2 dozen battery swaps and am having actually an easier time with the Nano. This is all in the living room.

Right off the bat it seems the MSRs has very low throttle response. I am not that smart but it's either the motor is less powerful than it needs to be, or the main rotor isn't big enough or the right pitch. It takes massive amounts of throttle to do much of anything and when a quick correction is needed it's way sluggish.

I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that they only provide programming in airplane mode?? You really can't do any changes in the throttle curve. Again I'm not that smart.
Trwirth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,537
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trwirth View Post
Ordered both a Nano CPs and the MSRs at the same time and they came in 3 days ago. Have flown both for probably 2 dozen battery swaps and am having actually an easier time with the Nano. This is all in the living room.

Right off the bat it seems the MSRs has very low throttle response. I am not that smart but it's either the motor is less powerful than it needs to be, or the main rotor isn't big enough or the right pitch. It takes massive amounts of throttle to do much of anything and when a quick correction is needed it's way sluggish.

I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that they only provide programming in airplane mode?? You really can't do any changes in the throttle curve. Again I'm not that smart.
My guess is, it has to do with the fact that on the CP-S what you are doing with "throttle" is increasing pitch of the blades while the throttle or power is constant. On the MSR-S, when you increase throttle, you are actually varying the power and speed of the motor while the pitch remains constant, which i believe is far less efficient way of going about things.
__________________
(lll)---------------TEAM FLYBAR!---------------(lll)

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 10:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 8,973
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fargo ND
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
The MSR X had issues when it came to turning to the right I believe, it starts going side ways. Strange quirk but it can be fun once you figure out how to compensate for it.
The cure for the mSRX right-piro has been well documented on HF...

I advised Brian James and he promised to forward the info to the proper team for any subsequent models...

But they prolly got it all wrong...

A couple turns CCW to the AIL servo rod with half as many turns CW to the ELE servo rod made the mSRX piro like it had an AR7200BX guiding it's every move

Flying a heli that looked like the resulting swash un-level was nearly impossible for many HeliFreaks to comprehend...but it worked perfectly
__________________
nCPX(3)*mCPX(30)*130X(10)*130X-L(6)*180CFX(3)*300X/CFX(3)
450X(7)*470LP*GauiX3*nanoQX*180QX*DX9*HF180060*AMA 988253
JonJet is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
My guess is, it has to do with the fact that on the CP-S what you are doing with "throttle" is increasing pitch of the blades while the throttle or power is constant. On the MSR-S, when you increase throttle, you are actually varying the power and speed of the motor while the pitch remains constant, which i believe is far less efficient way of going about things.

I have other fixed and coll pitch helis and know the difference. What I am saying is my first impression is that the MSRs is a whole lot more sluggish on throttle response than any other fixed pitch I have. So much so I don't really care for it so far.

If you need to climb quickly as a correction you are pretty much ool.
Trwirth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 8,973
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fargo ND
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trwirth View Post
I have other fixed and coll pitch helis and know the difference. What I am saying is my first impression is that the MSRs is a whole lot more sluggish on throttle response than any other fixed pitch I have. So much so I don't really care for it so far.

If you need to climb quickly as a correction you are pretty much ool.
Much the same impression I have of the 120S...the power is lacking much worse than the original 120SR
__________________
nCPX(3)*mCPX(30)*130X(10)*130X-L(6)*180CFX(3)*300X/CFX(3)
450X(7)*470LP*GauiX3*nanoQX*180QX*DX9*HF180060*AMA 988253
JonJet is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,537
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
The cure for the mSRX right-piro has been well documented on HF...

I advised Brian James and he promised to forward the info to the proper team for any subsequent models...

But they prolly got it all wrong...

A couple turns CCW to the AIL servo rod with half as many turns CW to the ELE servo rod made the mSRX piro like it had an AR7200BX guiding it's every move

Flying a heli that looked like the resulting swash un-level was nearly impossible for many HeliFreaks to comprehend...but it worked perfectly
I must have done that wrong then. It has been awhile but I have done those mods to mine and it still has the pirouette. Easy enough to fly around the issue but it is still there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trwirth View Post
I have other fixed and coll pitch helis and know the difference. What I am saying is my first impression is that the MSRs is a whole lot more sluggish on throttle response than any other fixed pitch I have. So much so I don't really care for it so far.

If you need to climb quickly as a correction you are pretty much ool.
Bummer. I was hoping it would be a winner. Probaby gonna try it someday anyway, maybe when it is $39 like the MSR-X was.
__________________
(lll)---------------TEAM FLYBAR!---------------(lll)

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 167
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Default

hi all, i got the mSR S a couple weeks ago. had a problem with tail motor after 4 flights. just wanted to spin on it's own axis. this is within 2 days of it being flown. I never flew the X version, but yea, the throttle isn't all that desirable. once it's in the air though, it sure zips around. I doesn't do so good in 1-3mph wind either as i had expected. To tame it down(stock RTF version) i moved the swash ball link the the studs that were farther out. didn't really notice any change. the landing gear is very weak as i already broke mine at a high joint. tried the "safe" mode and didn't see it do anything either. also broke a ball stud arm off the lower part of the swash, no idea how that would even happen as it's only been mildly crashed in the house. i got a syma s107G that takes off faster than this blade( only thing fast about it but its fun in the winter inside) looking to get a cheap dx6i or dx6g2-3 soon. hopefully it will make a big difference flying.
gassprint1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 07:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

Update....I took the new MSRs to the LHS as the owner is a big heli fan and pilot. There is definitely something wrong as the trim is almost impossible to dial in and it has way more drift than should be.

Now he saw something I did not. I thought the tail shake was normal but when you watched up close the tail fin is oscillating up and down about 1/2 inch so fast its a blur causing the tail to dart back and forth.

Bottom line its going back. Bummer.
Trwirth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 09:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 167
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trwirth View Post
Update....I took the new MSRs to the LHS as the owner is a big heli fan and pilot. There is definitely something wrong as the trim is almost impossible to dial in and it has way more drift than should be.

Now he saw something I did not. I thought the tail shake was normal but when you watched up close the tail fin is oscillating up and down about 1/2 inch so fast its a blur causing the tail to dart back and forth.

Bottom line its going back. Bummer.
so i'm not imagining things as a newby to these lil machines. when i changed the swash out tuesday,,,,right as i would start to give it some input, it would start "shaking" like something is out of balance...But when you gave it more input, it would stop the shaking. i'll have to take a video of this. i thought the main shaft might be bent but can't being it's not metal. also i have slop in the main bearings it seems to me.
gassprint1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassprint1 View Post
so i'm not imagining things as a newby to these lil machines. when i changed the swash out tuesday,,,,right as i would start to give it some input, it would start "shaking" like something is out of balance...But when you gave it more input, it would stop the shaking. i'll have to take a video of this. i thought the main shaft might be bent but can't being it's not metal. also i have slop in the main bearings it seems to me.
May sound silly, but make sure the main gear is seated correctly.

I had what sounds like the same issues with an mCPX and that turned out to be main gear being slightly too low so not making correct and consistent contact with pinion
Wolfie708 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 167
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Default

looked at that while checking the shaft. the top half of the pinion runs on the main gear. top being closest to the motor. when i put the new swash in, i did put some lube in the bearing..
gassprint1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1