Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Non-mezon ESC's that integrate with Jeti?

Just purchased a DS-16 and excited to make the switch. I noticed that there are a couple of ESC's that support telemetry via EX Bus like the YGEVT and Tribunus but are there any that you can program via the radio besides the Mezon? Sounds like the Mezon ESC's don't jive well with larger helis.

Edit: I read through the manual of the YGE Aureus 135VT and it looks like you indeed can program the ESC using the radio, you just have to set the telemetry protocol to EX bus in the pc software first. So it looks like the YGE VT ESC's are an option.

Last edited by cbrian4; 04-29-2019 at 06:39 PM..
cbrian4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2019, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one of the Tribunus 130A and you still need to use the PC and USB to do the setup and any changes you want to the ESC itself when using Jeti. With the VControl they have an app for it. I would think they could fairly easily develop the integration menus for the Jeti but I don't know if that is still on the roadmap for them.

The EXbus telemetry works well though, happy with that level of integration. To be honest I normally use the FBL governor so don't really need to modify the ESC setup once it is done the first time.

I haven't tried one of the new YGE's yet.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 06:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Scorpion Tribunus 130 setup using EX Bus and works great as far as telemetry integration. I am most interested in the Mah Used, Temp, and Voltage from the ESC and have an alarms setup in my Jeti DS-24 to let me know when I get below the set points for alarms. I have not tried to adjust the ESC though from the TX after the initial PC setup, since like Thunder Tiger, I also use my FBL to make adjustments in governor.

Steve
Old 04-30-2019, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah I'm also a FBL governer guy and rarely change esc settings after initial setup. The telemetry back is the priority, with the ability to make changes a "nice to have" feature if it's ever needed. For the most part I think the Tribunus is a good fit, was just wondering if there are plans out there to fully integrate it, or if there were other ESC's that have it.
cbrian4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 03:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mezonís are hit and miss for me... Iím sure itís just operator error

Integration and telemetry is perfect with Jeti. Startup on 700 class can release magic smoke if one of two things happen: excessive motor current inrush with power hungry or commutation error occurs. I had 95A Opto 12s esc smoke on the bench because I was being stupid and triggered a spool up and throttle cut in quick succession (no blades).

My first 135 opto 12s on my E7se, smoked on the the forth flight during spool-up for me... the esc came out of my brothers Protos and had around 180-200 flights on it before I smoked it. Not sure why, assumptions are commutation error... as the startup power is -50, current limit is 130 and slow spool up.

My second 12s 130 Mezon has been flawless so far in the E7se for the past 135 flights. Iím not using the internal BEC and startup parameters are the exact same as the unit that smoked.

The motor is an 6 year old Align 700MX 540kv. I fly sport only and geared for lower headspeed... 1650 HS and 1950 for high speed 95-100% pwm output when pushing it gently, current limit set at 130 amps which works like a charm.

If you come across a good deal on one, it is worth the shot. I wouldnít recommend buying new and I donít believe Jeti does the 50% replacement cost anymore on them should you happen the smoke a 12s ESC. But if you are using 6-8s ESCís they are rock solid from what Iíve heard. So not worry there. Then again it was probably just my misuse on the 12s units. But never had any issues with YGE, Kontronic and Hobbywing doing the same stupid stuff I do on the Jeti. And only 1000 mixed flights on the other stuff.

But I do love everything else about Jeti and Jeti versatility and user friendly system. I have a VBC and Neo too... Iím still partial to Jeti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KC8CYF is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8CYF View Post
But if you are using 6-8s ESC’s they are rock solid from what I’ve heard. So not worry there.
Not really, at least in my experience. I had one of the LV Mezon's smoke on 6s in my Goblin 500, the replacement then had an issue with telemetry and was also replaced. The final replacement is now running on 8s at a very low load on my Logo 600 light weight, low headspeed setup.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2019, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Non-mezon ESC's that integrate with Jeti?

RIP Jeti Mezon

Had 152 flights on my E7se since replacing the last Mezon 130 that let out the smoke. Unit had many flights on other models before it was installed on the E7se.

Had 4 flights today. Nothing unusual, no peak current over 120... two flights never went over 80 amps.

Last flight it just said NO during spool up and died.

Time for a Scorpion 130 I reckon...

Last edited by KC8CYF; 06-19-2019 at 11:21 PM..
KC8CYF is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in