Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Helicopter Safety

Helicopter Safety R/C Helicopter Safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should all take up knitting......of course the conversation would be how sharp the needles are and if pointed in the right direction could go though an eye and into your brain.

Not sure if you are serious, honestly, the difference between knitting and flying a 700 size electric helicopter at that proximity is so obvious I'm struggling to even conceptualize the thought process that ties these things together. I get avoiding knee jerk reactions, but I'd rather we discuss this out here than having some sort of authorities decide they need to legislate because you think someone should have the "right" to fly however they want, regardless of the consequences. News flash, if you are at an event... you don't have that right. You RESPECT the flight line and everyone there. If you can't show that respect there is a major problem, and it's not with the safety police.

And dont you think the "authorities" read this and will use it for ammo?

My point was anything can be shown to be "deadly" and because some want to brag to thier buddies that they fly a "deadly" machine does nothing for the hobbie, laws, or safety.
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigoe View Post

My point was anything can be shown to be "deadly" and because some want to brag to thier buddies that they fly a "deadly" machine does nothing for the hobbie, laws, or safety.

I think we can agree on that point.

Just because our equipment can be dangerous, does not mean it has to be operated in a dangerous manner.

In my opinion, flying smack that close is like buying a mower then removing the guards before operating. Legal, but definitely not recommended and for the most part it would probably be just fine, but any mistake could be potentially and needlessly magnified.
Raz0rSh4rp is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 12:00 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc20piece View Post
Big deal you censored it on HF... most of us follow the same people on FB, know exactly who it is and saw your comments. Lets not forget the fact that a lot of us can recognize most "pro" pilots by the heli and flight style.
Its internet politics.

I post daft videos and Jonas pretends to be protecting someones identity while obviously calling them out on the world wide web. We are all just prima donnering.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 12:24 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
Jonas pretends to be protecting someones identity while obviously calling them out on the world wide web.
Uh, no? You think I'd have gone through 30 minutes of editing to blur that video, sometimes frame by frame, just to call them out anyway? That'd be horribly ineffient

I honestly wouldn't have thought people would be smart enough to post his name, but this IS the internet after all.
YouTube - AccuRC - Oblivion

Last edited by Johnny31297; 04-13-2017 at 12:34 PM..
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jonas, you are who you are.

And just so you are not on the hop. Check this out:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrwSDX95wCs"]Mark Knopfler - Why Aye Man (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not having a go at Jonas and got nothing against him and understand why he started this post.

Everyones idea of what is safe and what is not varies and it can get rather annoying when someone is just flying for fun or whatever the reason and people start telling them do not fly that way as it's unsafe especially if the flying style is viewed as extreme.

It is up to the organisers of an event to enforce safety for the viewing public at a funfly or flying event. If an accident causes someone from the public to be injured or killed the pilot should not be blamed for it. The organisers of the event are responsible in my opinion.

As far as someone being killed. Nothing will change unless people become injured at an event.

I have been in this hobby for 9 years now and have not heard or witnessed many serious injuries or deaths as a result of flying extreme. I have witnessed a handful of close calls and sometimes the person it happens to wakes up and changes their way of flying and other times it does not.

You can make a simple mistake setting up a heli and get seriously injured on a maiden. Do we call they person unsafe and bring that incident up on a public forum????? hell no
dl5973 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 08:04 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Since some insist this was unsafe:
- where do we see how far people (spectators, photographer and spotter) have stated away from the heli? Not seen at all. So no way we could call it unsafe.
- where do we see heli behind flight line. I mean it where is the heli seen on the video behind flight line and where do we think the flight line might be? Bot visible. The spot where we assumed it does not show the heli.

So the crash .... yep. That was something we have seen tons of times. He responded correct so we should be glad he did.

Nevertheless - I am sure if I would be a spotter or standing next to a pilot (regardless who it is) and I see the pilot does do something I from my personal judgement think is dangerous -> I would tell the pilot.

If the purpose posting the video was to alert everyone how dangerous it could be - sure thats fine. We should always watch for whats flying when at events or at the field. An aircraft can get out of control for many reasons and can crash. Sop lets keep our eyes open.
If the purpose was to point finger saying how dangerous this pilot acted. Mhhhhhhh -> I disagree since there is no evidence since we cannot see who was put in danger other then the pilot. Also the angle and zoom level of cameras plays tricks to us So lets not go there.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:05 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

FFS, he took the time to censor him in the video guys. If any of you had any kind of experience in video editing, you would know that it takes legitimate effort to do that.

Why would he do that if he was trying to "call out" somebody or witch hunt?

I would have had no clue who the pilot was if it wasn't for the people using his name in this thread

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 12:14 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

im4711 , everyone was at least 100 ft back (except the spotter) , i was there ..
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
im4711 , everyone was at least 100 ft back (except the spotter) , i was there ..
Its my point we tent to freak out without knowing the facts.
Not sure why sone get overly excited sometimes ased on the video.

However I have seen critical situations and would always say something when I notice it onside.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.