Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Advanced preset settings while using the bump controller?

Before i had the bump, I occasionally edited presets via PC to adjust advanced settings, like enabling balance during discharge, termination values such as C/3 or C/20, etc. Are these advanced settings still accessible while using the bump controller?

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Rob Cherry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, you'll see more delivered in software updates in 2018.
The 2 you mentioned are at the top of our list. Some will be delivered as global settings (which apply to all batteries) and others will be additional "Advanced" settings in BumpTags and Presets.

The C/? termination will likely be a global setting which allows you to change the default C/? values for Accurate, Normal, and Fast charge operations (currently C/20, C/10, C/5).
Balance on discharge will likely be a BumpTag/Preset setting since that is more likely to be dependent on the pack.

EVERYONE - feel free to reply with which "advanced" settings you'd like to see added and whether you think they should "global" settings or per-BumpTag/Preset.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2017, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
Yes, you'll see more delivered in software updates in 2018.
The 2 you mentioned are at the top of our list. Some will be delivered as global settings (which apply to all batteries) and others will be additional "Advanced" settings in BumpTags and Presets.

The C/? termination will likely be a global setting which allows you to change the default C/? values for Accurate, Normal, and Fast charge operations (currently C/20, C/10, C/5).
Balance on discharge will likely be a BumpTag/Preset setting since that is more likely to be dependent on the pack.

EVERYONE - feel free to reply with which "advanced" settings you'd like to see added and whether you think they should "global" settings or per-BumpTag/Preset.
I'd like to see the C/XX termination current as well as the termination voltage in the preset rather than a global setting. I've been doing it this way for years on my Dual PowerLab 8x2 and it works great! It allows me to easily switch presets and charge using the default settings when I want to.

I'd like to keep it in the preset rather than the tag so a tag isn't mandatory for every pack and it allows me to easily backup and share presets across packs with zero configuration once the preset is setup.
Ace Dude is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

+ 1 to what Ace said.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rather than using separate presets, the intention of the user interface in the Bump (and PL Touch) is focused on the BATTERY TYPE, not the CHARGER PRESET. The whole UI is built around the concept of a specific battery or battery type, and then what I want to do with it (i.e., the operations). Thats why we have separate configurable charge operations of Accurate/Normal/Fast *within* the Preset/BumpTag. The termination voltage and charge current can already be set on a per-operation basis, so the logical implementation would be to just add a per-operation C/? parameter to the Presets/BumpTags .... but that begs the question, why isn't the existing functionality sufficient ? ... you can already use Accurate when you want C/20, Normal for C/10, and Fast for C/5, and that's the only real hard-coded distinction between those operations - all other params are the same (which is maybe a detail that should be explicitly stated).

So that's the rationale behind proposing a "global" C/? settings to allow you to change those hard-coded C/? values. For example, maybe the global would let you choose C/10,C/5,C/3 instead of the defaults to speed up termination across the board.

Just trying to better understand the use-case, because the goal is NOT to duplicate legacy PL presets - the goal is to cleanly extend the Bump/PLT battery-based presets in a consistent manner. If we implement a feature which causes you to end up creating multiple presets (or BumpTags) for a single battery type, then we have failed miserably
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.