Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align 450 pro 3gx v2?

Picked up a new unbuilt 450pro and noticed the tail doesn't have thrust bearings, is it wise to upgrade to them and get the lower gear ratio tail gear? Or just fly it stock?
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2017, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would just build the heli as it is. And if something does not work well, only then replace it.

I I have both the standard and thrust tail 450 Pros in active service, and both are working ok. Some say the thrust bearing version will last longer, but I change the bearings anyway as soon as they don't feel smooth. And I have not noticed much difference.

Get it flying ASAP, then worry about updates!
Dr.Rudder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd say it depends on your flight to crash ratio. If you expect to put it in before things wear out, then just wait for gravity to do the upgrades for you. However if you are one of those dudes that does 1000 flights before tearing it down and putting in new bearings... order the parts you want!
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 05:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Build is complete, tail wag is kicking my butt, with control rod off, tail is smooth, no binding, the links are very tight snapping back on, can that cause wag? It's a slow wag btw
Old 04-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If its a minor tail wag in hover, it'll go away usually after 10-20 flights. Otherwise it is time to look for binding somewhere!
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Found issue, was one of the tail grips, washer was to big causing a bind, all good now, thanks for the replies and tips.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

my 450 has the thrust bearing grips but the stock tail ratio. works great. No wag and holds during my terrible collective management in tic tocs.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in