Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Heads and Rotor Blades

Heads and Rotor Blades Heads and Rotor Blades Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EnstromPilot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2017, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CnC Helicopter 5 blade heads anyone?

Anyone here use this CNCHELICOPTER 5 blade head? any review?

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/md500-h...rc-helicopter/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04222015newmd500_001__23802.1429637175.1280.1280.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	704571  
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2017, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never bought a head but their tails are less then desirable. Be prepared to replace bearings on the new unit. Very glue happy maybe some sniffing going on.
Bm421 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes their tail is disaster but never try their heads. still searching for a idea.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know some well respected scalers of 600 sized machines (e.g. Keyrigger) are happy with this head:

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...m?prtnm=CN1105
Old 05-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorRotor View Post
I know some well respected scalers of 600 sized machines (e.g. Keyrigger) are happy with this head:

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...m?prtnm=CN1105
but century are out of bussiness
Old 05-16-2017, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

No, they are not out of business but are currently concentrating on quads. They are still manufacturing parts but on an "as needed" basis. There is no further helicopter development going on but that can change as demand shifts. I think if you send an inquiry to [email protected], you will get information on what is available. I just got some parts in from there to repair my three blade head from a crash in Virginia. You will not see me purchase, ever, one of those CNC High Simulation heads for use on any of my fleet, not even for a test flight. I'll purchase heads from the most expensive builders in the world before buying one of those. Save your money, hope this helps.

Don
Keyrigger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
No, they are not out of business but are currently concentrating on quads. They are still manufacturing parts but on an "as needed" basis. There is no further helicopter development going on but that can change as demand shifts. I think if you send an inquiry to [email protected], you will get information on what is available. I just got some parts in from there to repair my three blade head from a crash in Virginia. You will not see me purchase, ever, one of those CNC High Simulation heads for use on any of my fleet, not even for a test flight. I'll purchase heads from the most expensive builders in the world before buying one of those. Save your money, hope this helps.

Don
Just called century heli and purchase one their 5 blade heads.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I may be a little late weighing in on this but...

The PNP seen on RC Aerodyne appears to be of the same make as one I picked up off Ebay. It was a good head and the PNP was nice (no phasing req'd) and I had zero issues with it.

But as a curiosity I purchased the PNP 5 blade head from Scaleflying.de and although very similar in design to the PNP above it was a distinctly better quality product and is the one I currently use.

The PSG Dynamics was very appealing due to it's more compact and therefore more scale like appearance but it was cost prohibitive for me much like the other high end German heads.

I think a safe rule of thumb is that you pretty much get what you pay for.

My 2 cents.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been running one of these heads that I picked up off of ebay on my Little Bird, and it has performed quite well: https://www.double-icats.com/index.p...&product_id=71. There are a LOT of screws on head compared to a more conventional design, so I recommend a very thorough preflight check for the head before flying. I would assume the 600 size version isn't much different.

I bought one of the CNC Helicopter "high simulation" heads a while back and was also dismayed at the size and quality. It was absolutely massive for a 500 size, really more in line with a 600. I still have their 500 Apache head, with seems to be decent qualtiy, and I plan on using is on my Apache project.
jeb47 likes this.
EnstromPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in