Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree189Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
I'd love to see Blade move away from the models that compete with some of the more higher end brands. The 270 and 360 are great helis, but they just don't sell. They costs too much and are way too much heli for your target customer.

I'd love to see the 300x and 450x return with updates. Throw some better canopies on, skids with a little rake, bright blades. Keep the plastic frames! Both were lightweight and reliable with the right servos. As awesome as the BeastX is, I think you should concentrate on value. Throw the AR636 on there with the new metal gear servos, let people upgrade the FBL on their own if they want. Skip the battery and charger business but offer bundles for those that need the "help."

Price the 300 at $239 and the 450 at $279. They'll sell faster than hotcakes. Keep upgrading but share as many old parts as you can. That builds incredible brand loyalty.

Well its almost as if someone listened! Check out the 330x

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdId=BLH4000
yakky is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2017, 10:49 AM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

That should keep 450X parts flowing for years...
Old 07-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perhaps Blade can continue where Hirobo left off by offering beginner helis with foam main and tail blades. Hirobo's Quark series, which they no longer sell or support in the U.S. utilize foam main and tail blades, which basically disintegrate when they touch anything but air. The root of the blades are plastic for strength, but the rest is foam. This helps save the mechanical heli parts and makes for a much safer beginner heli.

I was skeptical of foam blades at first, but they're successfully using them on their FP and CP Quarks. Not for smack 3D, but for sport/aerobatics they actually perform rather well. Even Thunder Tiger used them (user option) on their 450 sized Innovator helis. I tried them on a Blade 400 when I was learning and they worked great.

As the newbie's piloting skills improve the blades can be 'laminated' (wrapped with clear Scotch packing tape or equiv) to give the blades some extra resilience to withstand minor scuffs, but still fold/break when they contact a more solid object, again, saving rotor parts and/or preventing serious injury to people.

Then, Blade will have guaranteed customer demand for lots of replacement foam blades to generate revenue. Hirobo would sell 8 main blades (4 sets) for like $20 and 4 tail blade sets for like $15. New pilots will stock-up for sure.

FWIW
-John

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 07-20-2017 at 11:28 AM..
FR4-Pilot is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2017, 12:23 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing I've noticed about Blade is that even though they started a "Tell us what heli you want next!" type thread here in the Blade section on HF with very little feedback from them, they seem to be taking their real input from their page on Facebook. Take that for what you will. They already had the mCPS and 330X ready to go since this thread here on HF was started pretty recently. There wasn't even enough time for them to consider the input there before announcing, much less developing/testing, these two *cough* "new" helis. Rather, they already had them in the works and advanced to the point of product announcement. The input from HF really wasn't much of a factor, if any. With Blade, it seems the Facebook crowd wins these days.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2017, 06:27 AM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

They have posted before that HF represents such a small part of their customers. That said, they do post here. Smart of them to look across multiple forms of media. I didn't think that these 2 recent releases had much to do with the input from this thread.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2017, 06:35 PM   #186 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Forget bringing back anything or starting new models. They're a waste of time. Keep what you currently have and improve upon them to make them more reliable and with less issues out of the box. Blade grew companies like Lynx due to the quality of the parts. Fix that first. This would be a worthy and long-term investment.

Improve what you have and at the same time improve your reputation.
What he said.

And stop using sub-par bearings in your kits.

Stop using those awful chargers too.

Not to mention the eflite battery's as well.

Oh almost forgot....go with BNF kits only. We don't need the Tx's that come in the RTF ones. A lot of use are using Spectrum Tx's now.

No more linear servos.

FG
Old 07-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

A bunch of people said to bring back something popular like the 450X and they did it in the 330X. If it's not your thing don't buy it. You never know what Lynx, Microheli, etc will make for a model. Who knows what they may bring back or revamp.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
That should keep 450X parts flowing for years...
That and 180 parts and I'm happy!

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, along the same lines as improving their current stuff, I want to see an improvement in the awful batteries that eFlite creates and has as OEM equipment for some of these helis, in my case, the 130S. I have 9 300mah batteries for this little heli. The original 6 are puffed. And the three that aren't puffed are new to me and have not been flown by me yet. Seriously, how can you expect people to pay almost twice as much for an inferior product? Either make better batteries or partner with someone like Pulse and rebrand them as "eFlite by Pulse" or something.

Next, stop doing stupid things like coming out with a new heli and then not building enough replacement parts. How can Blade come out with a helicopter and not produce the main part that will need replacement in a crash, i.e., the main gear on the 130S?! You have lowered the price of the heli, which telegraphs the idea that it is soon to be cancelled and then have made it impossible to keep one flying due to not having main gears available until OCTOBER?! These two moves have essentially doomed this awesome little heli and it greatly irritates me. This is my current favorite heli and the only reason mine is still flying is that I bought a second used one with a pack of extra main gears. I shouldn't have to do that to keep a brand new heli in the air.

I have resisted buying an XK 110 due to the fact that extra parts are 6 weeks away. Now maybe I will buy one because spare parts are ONLY 6 weeks away!

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2017, 11:41 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

A brushless nano would be amazing.

I learned on my CPs and it still flies (shakes like an alcoholic with Parkinsons while detoxing) but is beat up and needs replacing. I will not buy another brushed motor heli though.

mCPX BL2
[Past - Goblin Speed | G420 | G380 | Mini Comet | 360CFX | 270CFX | 180CFX | Nano CPS]
treys1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2017, 11:51 PM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see they brought back the 1S brushed mCPS. Hopefully we'll see the same path taken for a mCPS BL. Take the opportunity to fix a couple things like failing tail motors and ESCs. Use a separate ESC and outrunners on main and tail. That will fix all the weak points of the mCPX BL which was a great heli barring those issues.
t_austin likes this.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Inexpensive 4-channel coax

Blade: Please bring back the mCX2 BNF (I'd buy several.)

The mCX2 RTF is the only 4-channel coax game in town, but I Shirley don't need another toy Tx!

I use my mCX2 extensively indoors for practicing upright 8's and circles n all directions (to nail my upright orientations flying in all directions at all relative positions). Its also great fun (and good practice for the left stick neuron pathways) to fly one handed using the left stick only doing spot landings on multiple helipads. This exercise is also good to teach the skill of observing the subtle motions of the heli due to external effects.

I don't have high hopes for this happening, but its worth mentioning it.

BTW - does anyone know of any currently available decent 4-channel coax? (HobbyKing used to carry one (HK136/186) built by WLToys - the 9958, (the brother of the popular Xieda 9958) but that was discontinued some years ago.)
ks9818 and MariaFan like this.
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like an updated 230s with a few issues fixed :
  • Stronger frame, especially above the front skids
  • Redesigned tail boom grip so that the boom can't hit the main gear during a crash (it would also prevent cutting the tail rotor wires)
  • Fix the swashplate tilt during take off in normal mode
hleroy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2017, 07:04 AM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

An addition to the telemetry that can show direction relation to what it was when the timer starts.

The 230 and 250 are quite small and if the wind grabs them can quickly be far enough away that it is difficult to see which way they are facing making it a "guess and see what happens" exercise.

The gyros know what is up/down/left/right and while a GPS or whatever is expensive the hardware is already there to do a "relative direction" reading that can save a potentially lost heli.

Theory of use.
1) heli is placed on ground ready to launch.
2) either hold mode disengaged or in normal model throttle increased starting timer and initial direction stored.
3) until battery removed telemetry indicates relative direction heli is facing relative to initial direction preferably as a graphic arrow but a 0-359 degree would also be useful.

If heli gets hard to see:
1) go into rescue/safe
2) look at direction
3) turn heli towards pilot and track back
4) when back close enough go back to agil/3d and fly on.

Here in Australia we often get 20-30kt squalls that appear suddenly and last maybe 30 seconds caused by thermals from fires and sometimes just ordinary summer days. It can get a bit warm here in summer. If the heli is already down wind it takes about 3 seconds to blow it several hundred yards further turning it into a black dot.
I suspect that some parts of USA would have similar issues.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:00 PM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge-runner View Post
Blade: Please bring back the mCX2 BNF (I'd buy several.)

The mCX2 RTF is the only 4-channel coax game in town, but I Shirley don't need another toy Tx!

I use my mCX2 extensively indoors for practicing upright 8's and circles n all directions (to nail my upright orientations flying in all directions at all relative positions). Its also great fun (and good practice for the left stick neuron pathways) to fly one handed using the left stick only doing spot landings on multiple helipads. This exercise is also good to teach the skill of observing the subtle motions of the heli due to external effects.

I don't have high hopes for this happening, but its worth mentioning it.

BTW - does anyone know of any currently available decent 4-channel coax? (HobbyKing used to carry one (HK136/186) built by WLToys - the 9958, (the brother of the popular Xieda 9958) but that was discontinued some years ago.)
For only $99 you can still get the RTF version , that's not to bad , but I see you don't want another toy transmitter so I understand ...
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need this in your lineup

Dear Santa Blade,

For Christmas THE ideal gift/heli would be a nano cpx/cps with a BL outrunner main. There is a reason why ALL of the elfs have modded their cpx's in the past......they needed more torque and power from the motor. The size of the nano is perfect for those winter days, a stock one with a BL outrunner would make every girl and boy happy (and make every parent buy one). The perfect stocking stuffer.

yakky likes this.
tryzub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub View Post
Dear Santa Blade,

For Christmas THE ideal gift/heli would be a nano cpx/cps with a BL outrunner main. There is a reason why ALL of the elfs have modded their cpx's in the past......they needed more torque and power from the motor. The size of the nano is perfect for those winter days, a stock one with a BL outrunner would make every girl and boy happy (and make every parent buy one). The perfect stocking stuffer.

I was thinking about asking for the VW bus full of college cheerleaders again.

I may have to change my mind...
tryzub likes this.

Math is hard...
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2017, 01:19 AM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like to see Blade make a 270 sized high performance FBL heli with an AR7210BX controller, unlocked of course. With a carbon frame.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2017, 07:29 AM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

An updated 130X would be great (I was not a fan at all of the 130S). An updated tail, outrunner motor and a 3-in-1 board that didn't need sub-trim would make it the perfect micro heli. I fly my 130X almost every day and it is my absolute favorite.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Blade Senior Management Team needs to assess what their strategic direction is in the heli market. Right now Blade is a 4th tier player in the heli industry that focuses on lower cost entry level helis that are geared for the beginner and intermediate hobbyists. Those of us who initially learned on Blade helis had an easier path to more pro helis when Blade focused on the Blade 500, Blade 550, 600 and 700 series. You made a great helicopter with the Blade 550-700 series. I still have mine and love it. It is unfortunate that you have stopped supporting it. I tried to get a new set of frames for the 550 and you discontinued it. Hopefully, with better management strategy you might be able to become a more complete heli company to hold on to your initial customers.
crashcopterman likes this.
krm97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in