Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2017, 12:52 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What i Won't

Is for HH to keep what they have now after the 330x is added you have a great lineup as is just make them more dependable and easy to repair!!
not having to split frames to replace or repair servos keep it simple. Im down to just 3helis now Nano cpx 130S and old faithful and still great 450X w/AR7200 beast x that was the best of old class helis for me. Also work on customer service and satisfaction show up in these threads regularly honestly seek problems from us the customers. And go back to putting a battery back in with the bind and fly for those of us with transmitters really I have to read the fine print to find out I need to order battery or my new heli can't be flown till I get aleast one? Add the price to the heli if it's expense all of about $3.00 but not looking like the company that milking it's customer for cash. As we all know something cost a lot more piece mill to buid than bundle!! And lastly and I know you all will be glad don't just get your pro pilots to test out products send a few to customers for feed back before production there has got to be lots of people of all skill levels to find all the pitfalls that the pro won't think about well because they are pro,s they don't know how to crash like me haha.
rp002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2017, 07:06 PM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

getting close to getting a 360CFX 3s version. Looks like it flys great, and the batteries are readily accessible!

jason
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2017, 07:14 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp002 View Post
And go back to putting a battery back in with the bind and fly for those of us with transmitters really I have to read the fine print to find out I need to order battery or my new heli can't be flown till I get aleast one?
The term BNF Basic was developed by none other than the IT guy at HH...

And it designates no extra accessories in the box...just the heli

BNF will have a battery...as will the RTF
Old 11-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Next, I want main gears for my Blade 500.
torpicaltrail likes this.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 10:32 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
Next, I want main gears for my Blade 500.
I second this motion.

The Blade 500X is the best helicopter I have ever had. It's sad that my days of flying it are quickly coming to an end.
Mark Ball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, after three or four years I just started flying my 500 3D, only to find now that the gear in the heli is the last one I will ever have. Not acceptable.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
Old 11-23-2017, 11:56 PM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still waiting for a mCPX BL V2. Death to brushed motors!

Who is with me?

CrashyCrashy
t_austin, golfgolf4 and jamesj84 like this.
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2017, 12:47 AM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashyCrashy View Post
I'm still waiting for a mCPX BL V2. Death to brushed motors!

Who is with me?

CrashyCrashy
Well, I WAS with you. I've been asking for that forever as well. Just not sure I will continue with the Blade heli buying in the future.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:35 AM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would be happy if Blade would list mechanical specs on common parts.
Things like main shafts, bearings, belt sizes, etc.

(yeah, I know, not a heli, but I can dream, right?)
jamesj84 and Indokast like this.

"Math is hard...."
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2017, 01:27 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaFan View Post
I would be happy if Blade would list mechanical specs on common parts.
Things like main shafts, bearings, belt sizes, etc.

(yeah, I know, not a heli, but I can dream, right?)
That is like asking for coal fo Christmas. Lol

CrashyCrashy
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2017, 03:06 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Make a tougher Blade, and make a true maintenance guide for beginners.

My first request is that the air frame in general be more resilient. The landing skids, in particular, are absolute garbage. I'd GLADLY pay $10 more for a helicopter with skids that don't fail during landings that honestly are not very rough.

As a very new pilot with 6 (count 'em, six) Blade helicopters to date, I can tell you I have had absolute hell figuring out how to set them up from scratch.

I have a 400 3D and and 450 3D I bought from a neighbor, both in perfect condition. I wanted to install training gear, so I needed something with a flybar.

Several hours of research later, and 3 calls to Horizon support, and I still have two helicopters that don't fly as expected. One yaws dramatically to the left, and one flies aggressively forward.

Now, I expect that 2nd-hand stuff isn't perfect. But I ALSO expect that I can find a book, manual, or something that indicates how to check the ENTIRE mechanical setup of the helicopter, from scratch, and DOES NOT assume that I acquired it in perfect condition.

Essentially, I need to follow the steps I would follow after a crash. How do I center the servos? How do I zero the servo arms? How do I level the swashplate? How do I check the blade pitch. And most importantly, what order do I do all of this in?
eric_burcham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_burcham View Post
snip...
Essentially, I need to follow the steps I would follow after a crash. How do I center the servos? How do I zero the servo arms? How do I level the swashplate? How do I check the blade pitch. And most importantly, what order do I do all of this in?
Greetings Eric,

Yeah, setting up a heli can be a daunting task at first.
I crashed my little Nano about 20 times before I was able to hover for an entire battery.

Try looking through "Finless Bob's tech forum. Lot's of excellent information here.
Servo centering, swashplate leveling, etc.

Go here:

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

"Math is hard...."
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2017, 02:47 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaFan View Post
Greetings Eric,

Yeah, setting up a heli can be a daunting task at first.
I crashed my little Nano about 20 times before I was able to hover for an entire battery.

Try looking through "Finless Bob's tech forum. Lot's of excellent information here.
Servo centering, swashplate leveling, etc.

Go here:

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60
I second the Finless Bob forum...helped me immensely when I was starting out when all there was were flybar helis.
JookSing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2018, 06:36 AM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am going with the more unpopular (and probably impossible) suggestion, but I am going to ask to please PLEASE bring back a pro series helicopter, if anything maybe an updated version of just one of the three that were originally available. I just absolutely love my 550x to death, and would love to grab myself one of the 700x?s if parts were still available or a new version was coming out. I personally really do think you guys did an awesome job with that lineup, and would be willing to grab a kit or two (or several!!) myself if they were brought out again. They were really what made me want to stick with Blade, was a sad day when they were no longer available.
Martin CS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2018, 10:44 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

In case Blade actually pays any attention to this thread anymore, here are my wants and suggestions:

-360CFS-3s - the same amazing model as the new 360cfx 3s, but with SAFE and Panic recovery. I went to buy one a few months back, and said no because of it's lack of SAFE. Upon looking around, apparently everyone else agrees. Comments on HH, comments on Amazon, and all sorts of other sites including forums everybody wants SAFE and Panic in the 360. Considering the AR636 Rx, this should be a pretty easy task
-adding to the above, fixing the link for the 360cfx:
Blade - #1 By Design

-stronger motors in the Nano CPS. Out of the box, it was a fun little heli, for about 1 or 2 batteries, then it just left you wanting more. The thing bogs down worse than a lawnmower in a forest running on fumes. Doesn't need to be brushless because obviously cost is a factor as well as weight, But I've seen several coreless motor upgrades for incredibly cheap that are direct install.

-not sure if this applies to this thread because I don't know how closely related Blade and Spektrum are, but Spektrum has been promising a PC app for the DXe with advanced features for quite a while now, and still hasn't delivered. The PC program in fact doesn't even work at all once you update the firmware to use the mobile app. Get the pc program to work with the newer firmware, and give access to the advanced features. Access to channel mixing would also be a request

-bringing back the larger models. I haven't been in this hobby much more than 6 months, but I've progressed at an alarming rate, possibly due to how much time I spend with it since diving in head first. I see a ton of old models up to 700 size and larger. But the largest model currently being produced is the 360. I'm a big fan of Blade heli's for many reasons, and would love to stick with this brand for a lengthy period of time. But if I ever plan to progress to anything bigger than a 450 class heli, I'll be forced to shop elsewhere. And that typically is the goal for almost anyone and everyone in this hobby; to progress, and go bigger.

-I don't own anything larger than a 230s at the moment, but everywhere I go I see people desperate for replacement parts for their older models, especially the more expensive larger models. Keep parts production running so customers don't have to throw their model in the trash pile the minute it becomes discontinued.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:33 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just saw a post with a very short teaser video from James Haley on the Facebook Blade RC page about a new heli being announced tomorrow on 2/1/2018. Looks like it might be something different and possibly larger than the same old slightly worked over helis and micros they've been pushing out lately. Could be interesting.

Last edited by Mariner85; 01-31-2018 at 10:45 AM..
Mariner85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2018, 01:09 PM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup.... here is a snapshot of it from the video in case you missed it.... looks like a very non-Blade looking Blade heli (finally).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade_new.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	736351  
tryzub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2018, 03:17 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

Link?
Old 01-31-2018, 03:23 PM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BladeRC1/posts/
tryzub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2018, 03:27 PM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still think 2-1-2018 is a 3s 270 cfx.

HH! WE NEED A 380CFX ON 6S W AR7210BX THAT INCLUDES RESCUE, CASTLE TALON 60 ESC, HV MICRO SPEKTRUM SERVOS ON CYCLIC AND A HV MINI ON TAIL. AND GOOD BEARINGS IN THE MOTOR AND SKIDS THAT CAN TAKE A BEATING PREFERABLY LOW PROFILE GORILLA GEAR TYPE SKIDS. NAME YOUR PRICE!

Thanks HH!

on second thought that sounds kinda similar to my align 470L.
motoxxxman likes this.
plus many others 420 and under
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in