Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)


Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others


Like Tree180Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2018, 05:38 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indokast View Post
I still think 2-1-2018 is a 3s 270 cfx.
I'll bet you're right or very close. They've just been watering down their old 6S helis to 3S helis and replacing the AR style FBL units with their in-house AR636 units. They've also been replacing the good Castle ESCs with their own units, too, which I don't see as a good thing.
Indokast likes this.
Mariner85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Default

I still want a mCP X BL V2!

CrashyCrashy
t_austin likes this.

Last edited by CrashyCrashy; 02-01-2018 at 02:50 PM..
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2018, 01:01 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 805
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indokast View Post
I still think 2-1-2018 is a 3s 270 cfx.
Close..... very close, it is a 4S, belt-driven tail, partially-built heli. Interesting.....

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...70-arf-blh5360
tryzub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2018, 05:12 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub View Post
Close..... very close, it is a 4S, belt-driven tail, partially-built heli. Interesting.....

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...70-arf-blh5360
That's the motor/ESC only ARF version. There's also a BNF ready-to-go 4S version for $90 more.
Mariner85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 805
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Default

OK, cool. Nice that there are options with this one out of the gate.
tryzub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub View Post
OK, cool. Nice that there are options with this one out of the gate.
It is neat that they're offering a pre-built ARF version. As far as I know, this is the first time Blade has done this. They offered motor/ESC only helis in the Pro Series line, but those were full kits you had to build yourself.
Mariner85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 805
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Default

..... as long as you trust them in the build.....
tryzub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2018, 06:18 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub View Post
..... as long as you trust them in the build.....
Plenty of people trust their BNF builds. I see no reason an ARF build of the same model would be no different.
Mariner85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,665
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashyCrashy View Post
I still want a mCP X BL V2!

CrashyCrashy
This, for sure. Many of us need to practice flying in small yards and don't have access to larger fields. Oh, and those brushed motors need to go, once and for all!
t_austin and CrashyCrashy like this.
__________________
navigator2011
Oxy2 190 FE / Oxy2 190 Sport / Fusion 180 / Blade 150S / Trex 150X / Blade mCPX BL2 / Brushless Nano S2 / Spektrum DX9.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Default

An updated Nano CPX with dual brushless motors would be great in my opinion! Maybe call it the "Nano CP Xtreme". It could also use upgraded battery connectors (maybe JST-PH instead of Picoblade 1.25)
t_austin and navigator2011 like this.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2018, 10:43 PM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,143
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: US
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1683 View Post
An updated Nano CPX with dual brushless motors would be great in my opinion! Maybe call it the "Nano CP Xtreme". It could also use upgraded battery connectors (maybe JST-PH instead of Picoblade 1.25)
You realize the CPS is the updated CPX, right? But yes, a CPS v2 with brushless motors would be great.
t_austin likes this.
__________________
Nano CPS - 230s - Align 470LT - Goblin 570 - Goblin Black Thunder 700 - Rustler VXL - Hubsan H107D+ X4 FPV - LaTrax Alias
motoxxxman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2018, 03:10 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Default

I haven't flown an mCP S however, pre S 3n1 micros fly 3D much better in my experience. I fight for control a little with the CPS. Nearly all (1 bad) the CPX's I've flown are great! Particularly inverted funnels and piro flips. CPS's on the other hand.... have issues, especially the tail. They all have room for improvement though. Some 3n1 boards are better than others also. I've had some that flew OK, and others that are/were amazing.

I just want a mCP X BL V2 with a good 3n1! The V1 was sloppy but, the power and durability is absolutely awesome!

CrashyCrashy
t_austin likes this.
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2018, 07:24 AM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
You realize the CPS is the updated CPX, right? But yes, a CPS v2 with brushless motors would be great.
Yes I am well aware and have owned several CPS models (the CPS was my first CP). Actually, I have owned quite a few “S” models from Horizon/Blade and just about every one had issues. The CPS particularly had very erratic behavior and would have random issues such as servos moving on their own, twitches in flight, no response to throttle hold after a crash (to name a few).

Once I bought myself the previous generation “X” models of the same heli’s I realized what I had missed out on. Every one I bought flew better, more powerful and just felt like an all around better heli. That includes the CPX, 130X, mCPX BL. I owned all of their “Safe” counterparts (CPS, 130S, etc). Once you get the basics of flight down and move into stunt modes you will realize that you no longer need the “SAFE” mode. That is when I would urge you to try out an older model and see the difference. I have several CPX models and they all fly great. A world of difference from the CPS!

It seems like SAFE mode just always creates a headache.
CrashyCrashy likes this.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1683 View Post
Yes I am well aware and have owned several CPS models (the CPS was my first CP). Actually, I have owned quite a few “S” models from Horizon/Blade and just about every one had issues. The CPS particularly had very erratic behavior and would have random issues such as servos moving on their own, twitches in flight, no response to throttle hold after a crash (to name a few).

Once I bought myself the previous generation “X” models of the same heli’s I realized what I had missed out on. Every one I bought flew better, more powerful and just felt like an all around better heli. That includes the CPX, 130X, mCPX BL. I owned all of their “Safe” counterparts (CPS, 130S, etc). Once you get the basics of flight down and move into stunt modes you will realize that you no longer need the “SAFE” mode. That is when I would urge you to try out an older model and see the difference. I have several CPX models and they all fly great. A world of difference from the CPS!

It seems like SAFE mode just always creates a headache.


I do like the 130S. It crashes well and, the performance is pretty good.

CrashyCrashy
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2018, 06:37 PM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,665
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Default

Honestly, I have nothing but praise for these little CP helicopters! They fly much, much better than, say, the Walkera CB100 or the CB180 that I started out on years ago.

Sure, the Nano CPS does twitch oddly on occasion, among other things, but it has also enabled me to learn and practice maneuvers that I could never muster the courage to try on my Oxy2 and Oxy3.

I think these little CP helis are also wonderful to practice with in small yards--I just don't have any larger isolated fields to fly in. So, if Blade wants to make the ncps and mcps better, I'll be the first in line.
__________________
navigator2011
Oxy2 190 FE / Oxy2 190 Sport / Fusion 180 / Blade 150S / Trex 150X / Blade mCPX BL2 / Brushless Nano S2 / Spektrum DX9.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2018, 07:13 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,143
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: US
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Honestly, I have nothing but praise for these little CP helicopters! They fly much, much better than, say, the Walkera CB100 or the CB180 that I started out on years ago.

Sure, the Nano CPS does twitch oddly on occasion, among other things, but it has also enabled me to learn and practice maneuvers that I could never muster the courage to try on my Oxy2 and Oxy3.

I think these little CP helis are also wonderful to practice with in small yards--I just don't have any larger isolated fields to fly in. So, if Blade wants to make the ncps and mcps better, I'll be the first in line.
Agreed, that crack twitch of the nCPS allows me to learn how to recover from unexpected stuff. I've actually grown a bit fond if it considering I use it mainly for practicing new things.
__________________
Nano CPS - 230s - Align 470LT - Goblin 570 - Goblin Black Thunder 700 - Rustler VXL - Hubsan H107D+ X4 FPV - LaTrax Alias
motoxxxman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,665
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
Agreed, that crack twitch of the nCPS allows me to learn how to recover from unexpected stuff. I've actually grown a bit fond if it considering I use it mainly for practicing new things.
Of course, the twitch should've been weeded out before they released the ncps in first place. But, yes, it can be used for training purposes, as you say. The only time the twitch is a factor for me is when I have the heli too close to me, as happens in my garage. Once the ncps twitched straight for my face. That was a definite surprise. Outside, I hardly notice the twitch anymore.
__________________
navigator2011
Oxy2 190 FE / Oxy2 190 Sport / Fusion 180 / Blade 150S / Trex 150X / Blade mCPX BL2 / Brushless Nano S2 / Spektrum DX9.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Honestly, I have nothing but praise for these little CP helicopters! They fly much, much better than, say, the Walkera CB100 or the CB180 that I started out on years ago.

Sure, the Nano CPS does twitch oddly on occasion, among other things, but it has also enabled me to learn and practice maneuvers that I could never muster the courage to try on my Oxy2 and Oxy3.

I think these little CP helis are also wonderful to practice with in small yards--I just don't have any larger isolated fields to fly in. So, if Blade wants to make the ncps and mcps better, I'll be the first in line.
When they were the new thing, I had a Walkera Genius CP, 2 Mini CP's and, 2 Super CP's. I liked all of them.

CrashyCrashy
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2018, 09:10 PM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,665
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashyCrashy View Post
When they were the new thing, I had a Walkera Genius CP, 2 Mini CP's and, 2 Super CP's. I liked all of them.

CrashyCrashy
In retrospect, I should have given those models a shot--I read that those models were good. But by the time they came to market, I had already swore off Walkera.
__________________
navigator2011
Oxy2 190 FE / Oxy2 190 Sport / Fusion 180 / Blade 150S / Trex 150X / Blade mCPX BL2 / Brushless Nano S2 / Spektrum DX9.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2018, 12:04 AM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
In retrospect, I should have given those models a shot--I read that those models were good. But by the time they came to market, I had already swore off Walkera.
At the time Wow hobbies was the only importer. They had absolutely no warranty. If you had a defective item, you paid for a replacement part. That got old real fast! As a result I went back to Blade. I have not flown any large Walkera helis so, I can't comment on them.

CrashyCrashy
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1