Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2019, 01:45 PM   #321 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you remember the costed that, nav?

I wonder if Horizon Hobby just wont produce a stock double brushless Nano because they think no one would buy something that small for that price.

Aug 2019: Oxy 3+ — Oxy 2 — Nano S2 & CP X — T-Rex 150X — Spirit FBL — FrSky Horus X10S
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019, 04:24 PM   #322 (permalink)
Registered Users

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL 130X !!!

Hurry before I buy an xk k130 since they beat ya to it!

And the 130s didn't count. That was a totally different heli.

Why is the brushed nano back out in a new version when we all want a brushless nano, a brushless mcpx, or a new 130x?

WHY???

and no more twitchy tails please? if wltoys and xk can do it surely HH can do it at twice the cost? They even have self level and you all can add a rescue to these models.

And make them a durable plastic like k110!

And good landing gear!

Seriously Blade.. why has this not happened???

t_austin and Mrowka like this.
plus many others 420 and under
Indokast is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2019, 04:49 PM   #323 (permalink)
Registered Users

It isn't happening for one reason: quadcopters.

They don't care about developing helis anymore.
tryzub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2019, 06:16 PM   #324 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
Do you remember the costed that, nav?

I wonder if Horizon Hobby just wont produce a stock double brushless Nano because they think no one would buy something that small for that price.
I don't remember the cost, actually, but I don't remember it being prohibitive. They may indeed feel that nobody would pay for a brushless Nano. If so, they I think they are incorrect. Many of us don't have the flying space for mini-sized helicopters. And I, for one, have zero interest in quads.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:19 PM   #325 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub View Post
It isn't happening for one reason: quadcopters.

They don't care about developing helis anymore.
I think there's a lot of truth to this sentiment. Quads are where the money is, I guess. Certainly, they aren't too interested in developing micro-helis anymore. In all fairness, their latest Fusion helis seem to be very popular, and an improvement over previous models.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:45 PM   #326 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
I just remembered a Walkera CB100 that I had back in, like, 2011--it was 100-sized and double brushless. I flew that thing daily in my garage, crashed the hell out it, and never once did I have to replace motor!
I was curious and checked the spec of the Walkera HM CB100 to see a picture:
https://www.fun-and-media.de/epages/...2HM%20CB100%22

This FP heli was not yet FBL back then but had - as a fixed pitch heli - the 45 degree mechanical flybar instead of a real 90 degree paddle CP heli...ouch!

Reminds me instantly on the Blade 120SR (FP) which had - like the MSR - the same (45 degree) over-stabilizing flybar and because of its size it didn't really fly that good outside (low wind) and you constantly had to fight with a long nick press (servo travel up to 150%, 2nd TS tuning connection) against this mechanical helper flybar; sorry, but no real (CP) heli flies like that and it was kinda frustrating have to relearn almost everything.

In comparison: MSR was a good indoor beginner heli for the small living room (a friend had it; later he got Msrx and flew it in a gym hall).

Good that Blade nowadays uses FBL (and SAFE) even on fixed Pitch pitch beginner helis...makes more sense outside.

Quote:
For example, this double-brushless Walkera Genius seems pretty capable. Look, no tail blow-outs!
And, this was in 2011!
The video must have been a custom made and tuned Genius CP?

On the pictures I just see the two brushed motors and the spec and www.Walkera-fans.de forum says Coreless:

https://www.fun-and-media.de/Walkera...s-CP-RTFDevo-7
https://www.fun-and-media.de/Genius-CP-V2-BNF

The better technology are IMHO dedicated tail ESCs with BLHeli and activated "Damped mode" than the all-in-one Blade receiver boards or very proprietary Blade ESC for two motors.

..(..)..

V120D02s:

Kinda sad that I had to throw out the 6-axis Walkera RX (RX-2636H-D) in the V120D02s because I could not connect any Spektrum satellite (Robbe made their own version Futaba S-FHSS ready) and because I heard that the previous FBL (RX2622V-D) was truly 3-axis but there was no way to switch from 6axis to 3axis mode with the RX-2636H-D.

And back then when I got this heli in 2013 I did not own a Walkera Devo transmitter but had the Spektrum DX8G1 (silver).

At least the XK K130 supports - like Align Trex150 - a satellite what I have read...

--------

German:
Tja, wir schreiben das Jahr 2019 und die Technologie entwickelt sich wohl eher rückwärts
Die Brushed Motoren vom NanoCPX haben leider nicht so sonderlich lange gehalten (teilweise Probleme bereits nach <20 Flügen oder 6-8 Einlaufen lassen mit Halbgas).
Aber was nützt es wenn die Qualität von Brushless Motoren bei Blade teils einfach nicht stimmt (z.B H420 / H440 Motor bei 4503D/450X, H3xx) und evtl. Defekte beim (BL) Heckmotor nach Crash ein proprietäres und teueres E-Flite Dual ESC (200SRX, 250CFX, 230s) dabei mit in den Abgrund reißt?
Fehlende Kulanz in 2015 beim 200QX und nachlesbare Qualitätsprobleme waren unter anderem mit der Hauptgrund worum ich persönlich von diesen Blade Dual-Motor CP Helis lieber bisher Abstand genommen habe.

English:
Well, we are writing the year 2019 and the technology seems to be developing a bit likely backwards here and there
Unfortunately, the brushed main motors of the Blade NanoCPX never have lasted very long and they were quite pricey (quit often <20 flights, sometimes even defects after 6-8 burn-in phase at 50% throttle)....maybe I should have tried a tuning motor from micro motor warehouse and other vendors.

But what does it help if the quality of brushless motors at Blade is partially not there (eg H420 / H440 for 4503D / 450X, H3xx) and possible defects in the (BL) tail motor after a crash also damages the (underrated???) proprietary and expensive E-Flite Dual ESC (200SRX, 250CFX, 230s,...) like I read on the many Blade threads across many forums.
Warranty problems / lack of obligingness after six months with the 200QX in 2015 (especially after the investor thing after 2013 and internal support changes) and obvious several quality issues were among the main reason why I have decided not to jump onto this train for Blade dual-engine brushless CP Helis for a longer time.

---------

Luckily, the Blade 4503D/450x mechanical pitch tail simply works (and I probably just have to get a good - more resistant midi - MG / Titanium gear servo which hopefully handles rare crashes a bit better than the DS76T / H3060 (MG) potis).

If you know how to fly a CP heli there is IMHO no real benefit in using any other motor driven solutions once you go over the 40-60g weight...

......with a defective tail motor and corrupted ESC (hard to test and not to connect a bad tail motor!) the replacement costs on a crash IMHO just get higher, not cheaper.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss; 02-27-2019 at 05:17 AM..
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2019, 09:00 PM   #327 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your detail response! You did more research than I did!

In no way am I promoting Walkera as superior to Blade's products! For real, the CB100 was terrible in many ways. I wish I could go back in time and get an MCPX instead. I'd probably be a better pilot today had I known this back then.

But, those Walkera nanos did have double-brushless motors options. The CB100 came all brushless, and for the Genius there was a full brushless upgrade. So, my point is that the miniaturization is not the problem, nor the cost. It can be done with 10-year-old tech. There is not a technological barrier to Blade offering a fully brushless nano. It's only an issue of motivation, I think.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:07 PM   #328 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indokast View Post
Why is the brushed nano back out in a new version when we all want a brushless nano, a brushless mcpx..

And good landing gear!

The NanoCPX brushed main replacement motors cost about 13EUR here in Germany.

When you have to buy them all 6-20 or <50-90 flights long the HH margin is way better than with BL hardware (at one point I was fed up going on my HH dealers nerves because the new 1-2 replacement motors hardly lasted any longer).

The NanoCPX BL upgrade set was $49,99; I wonder how many units they sold.

Because of the canopy pins breaking all the time on the original plastic frame, way too expensive Nano tuning frames from RakonHeli/MicroHeli and the very weak landing gear (you could clue it well together with the 3rd clue option "Zähflüssiger Sekundenkleber") I could not motivate myself to throw any more money into the NanoCPX.

The more expensive replacement Blade costs did the rest.
I sold everything.

For example it simply is **not** very motivating when you have burned in a new NanoCPX main motor after 6+ lipos and you maiden it that there is no real power there or it cuts power mid in the air.
Not to speak about when the NanoCPX sometimes fell over on the way of the field when I wanted to start as the path was not 100% level.

Even this was only the <10th lipo it usually affected the health immediately of the little brushed main motor heavily!

As I recently learned so much about Whoops like Inductrix, China TinyWhoop alternatives and the different plug systems I should have probably tried to replace the Nano board connector.

But even you do this to the very cable end, it will void any warranties....back in early 2013 (before the investor thing happened) I got a new replacement Nano board under warranty (for free) because the tail gyro acted suddenly weird (didn't hold the tail anymore with heavy drifts) after a few weeks....every glue point on the board I had done to additionally fix the white servo connectors to protect against coming loose was also seen and (of course) criticized by the support on the RMA report.

I really had my fun times with the NanoCPX in the beginning when I was flying in the gym or outside on the green field to learn flying my real first curves with a CP heli.
Flying my first funnel in sommer 2013 after 6 months with this little heli was a big moment for me.

Quote:
Exactly this!

JFYI: BG has for the next six days a flash sale with higher discounts on the K110 (BNF); unbelievable that this is already BL (main motor)!
60g should be flying outside with a much bigger lipo (higher C ampere rate) a bit better than the NanoCPX with only 30g.

You get another discounts on replacement parts (main gear, main shaft, spindle, blades, etc.) when you order more than one unit.
Thankfully there are also German XK Innovations dealers (Conrad and Amewi only has the 120).

..(...)..

I finally jumped onto the 4-in-1 HF-module train for the Devo10 to get CC2500 support (Devo has 4 timers, X6 RTF does not support Mode3 and timer!) and ordered the K110 with a cheap $13 (=11,40EUR) Wltoys upgrade set of additional five 1s 540mah + two more 21% discounted 1s lipos.

With the NRF24L01 HF module I can even fly 7mm Whoops with Silverware/NFE Firmware (Lite FC) flashed where the Bayang protocol even sends me back telemetry.

Hear that Blade? Telemetry in a (Tiny)Whoop!
Your Inductrix (old version with red canopy) simply drops out of the air when the LVC cuts power after ~6:50 minutes!! No landing possible!

Hopefully you have improved that on your boards with your new Blade Inductrix Switch and Inductrix Air products!
We need telemetry or at least the quad blinking for 15-30 seconds before the LVC kicks in!
This is not a problem of good 45C lipos (well, could be related to the small 1.25 Pico connector).

Lipo comparison costs:
The E-Flite 1s 200mah tuning 45C lipo for the Inductrix costs ~10EUR.
One Brainergy 1s 220mah 45C cost ~6EUR (works quite well for 5:30-6:00 minutes and 3,7x rest voltage).

I just can hope that the K110 will arrive in good condition and the board and motors are fine.
Can't wait to do my first inverted flights in the 2019 season...
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss; 02-27-2019 at 05:36 AM..
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2019, 10:02 AM   #329 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL 130X !!!

Hurry before I buy an xk k130 since they beat ya to it!

And the 130s didn't count. That was a totally different heli.

Why is the brushed nano back out in a new version when we all want a brushless nano, a brushless mcpx, or a new 130x?

WHY???

and no more twitchy tails please? if wltoys and xk can do it surely HH can do it at twice the cost? They even have self level and you all can add a rescue to these models.

And good landing gear!

Preach, brother!

That's what I want - a 130X. Not a 130S, not a 120SR or whatever, I just want the 130X to be back in production. HH won't have to spend dough on the retool or redesign, it's already out there and we are itching to buy it if only HH will offer it for sale.

If HH won't listen to me, I am actually thinking about getting a letter to Lynx or whatever, asking them to license production of the 130X. Call it the Oxy 1.5 or something, but give us what we crave!
Indokast likes this.
Mrowka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2019, 10:43 AM   #330 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been pestering Lynx about smaller Oxys for a while now, but I don't think they're having it, lol. Seems most are pining for larger & larger helis. Which, of course, neglects many pilots in congested areas.
Mrowka likes this.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:32 PM   #331 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks like there might be some smaller blade heli in the works as we speak 200 size-ish but its not going to be a 130x. I will try to dig up a photo later
Old 02-27-2019, 04:35 PM   #332 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyComi View Post
It looks like there might be some smaller blade heli in the works as we speak 200 size-ish but its not going to be a 130x. I will try to dig up a photo later
Perhaps, a Fusion 180?
Indokast likes this.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:00 AM   #333 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I've been pestering Lynx about smaller Oxys for a while now, but I don't think they're having it, lol. Seems most are pining for larger & larger helis. Which, of course, neglects many pilots in congested areas.
Maybe we *all* ought to write Luca a letter to get it through to him.

Give us what we want.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:27 AM   #334 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lamborghini isn't interested in making a Pinto.
tryzub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2019, 10:59 AM   #335 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Lol. Just give the regulations some more time.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #336 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lamborghini started off making tractors. Sportscars were more a hobby for that manufacturer.
navigator2011 and flappist like this.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:55 PM   #337 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrowka View Post
Lamborghini started off making tractors. Sportscars were more a hobby for that manufacturer.
Lol. And, besides, several decades of automotive engineering has demonstrated that not all smaller cars necessarily equate to a Pinto.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #338 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
lol. we need a pinto sized lamborghini!
150x was close.. xk k130 is close.. 130x was close..

so close!
navigator2011 likes this.
plus many others 420 and under
Indokast is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2019, 10:34 AM   #339 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exactly. 130x isn't a Pinto, even if it comes in a Pinto size. More like a Lotus Seven.

What we want is Lynx to play Caterham to HH's Lotus. After all, if the 130x were such a cheap POS, why did Lynx make so many parts for it for so many years?
Old 03-02-2019, 02:44 PM   #340 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm thinking of selling my 130s and buying a 180 CFX trio...

I've never flown a 3 bladed heli, so I'm quit curious how this flies.
Indokast likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in