Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2019, 06:05 PM   #361 (permalink)
Registered Users

My reasoning is more of having limited flying space. I feel much more comfortable flying a high head speed 150x or 130x around my front yard or in close proximity to a neighboring house rather than say a 270 or 330. The bigger birds need room to fly while the little micros are a blast to fly anywhere and can appeal to a lot more people who don't have flying fields or wide open areas nearby. It's good that Blade is making new releases but I agree that they can step up the performance in the micros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Seems like they're pointing their micro-helis mostly toward beginners. I think this is a mistake--intermediate and advanced pilots need high performance micro-helis too!
Mrowka likes this.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 06:51 PM   #362 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1683 View Post
My reasoning is more of having limited flying space. I feel much more comfortable flying a high head speed 150x or 130x around my front yard or in close proximity to a neighboring house rather than say a 270 or 330. The bigger birds need room to fly while the little micros are a blast to fly anywhere and can appeal to a lot more people who don't have flying fields or wide open areas nearby. It's good that Blade is making new releases but I agree that they can step up the performance in the micros.
That's exactly my point! There are a lot of us that have very limited flying space, yet have intermediate or advanced skills. I just think many manufacturers are forgetting about us, and instead focusing too much on beginners and the "bigger is better" crowd.
FR4-Pilot and Mrowka like this.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #363 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Based on the other Fusion helis, I would expect the Fusion 180 to have a belted tail. And this would be a good thing, me thinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1683 View Post
A Fusion 180 would be a very nice addition. A 130 with a belted tail would be awesome but I can see that being very heavy like the 130S. I'm still shocked that they haven't released a good double brushless micro (something like the 150X) and instead opted to rehash another brushed Nano.
I agree that a belted tail would be interesting and probably provide us with the opportunity for hours and hours of tinkering, but the torque tube tail on the 130X isn't so bad, once you get used to it.

I made a sort of tool to hold the B gear in place and drivetrain maintenance is now a snap. A better tool could be made out of a bent torque tube.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:03 PM   #364 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrowka View Post
I agree that a belted tail would be interesting and probably provide us with the opportunity for hours and hours of tinkering, but the torque tube tail on the 130X isn't so bad, once you get used to it.

I made a sort of tool to hold the B gear in place and drivetrain maintenance is now a snap. A better tool could be made out of a bent torque tube.
The torque tube set up is actually very clever, but poorly executed in my opinion. The tail case should have been stronger, perhaps made of carbon fiber and the tail gears should have been beefier to withstand the abuse this heli likes to take. There have been plenty of aftermarket parts made for the 130X which corrected the tail issues however their other big issue was with the board itself. The 130X was notorious for having gyro drift in what I would say was about 80-90% of their boards. I have had MANY 130X's come through my collection and only a precious few have had perfect boards that did not suffer from gyro drift. Those few fly perfectly stable with hands off the transmitter.

An updated board, some better servos and an improved tail would make it a dream!
Mrowka likes this.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2019, 10:55 AM   #365 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed as regards the 130X boards and the Magic of Gyro Drift. I am not an engineer or electronics whiz, but I don't see why an updated board that addressed this would be difficult or a marked increase in cost. I would make the tailcase metal and not carbon, just because I don't know if carbon really lends itself to that kind of structure.

If I were to make one change to the stock 130X, it would probably be metal tail gears.

Of course, I would be happy enough if Mr. Blade would just give us what we want so we can modify the 130X to our little hearts' content.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:30 AM   #366 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed! I'd like to see you guys from Blade revive the 130X. A 130 size belt driven CP targeted for intermediate pilots who learnt most of orientations without the need for safe mode, who also like sport or inverted flight but haven't learnt to smack the sticks or stir the tail.

I always wanted a belt driven micro heli but never owned one, I guess it's cool to learn how it works and fun to tinker with. I wish one day Blade can come up with something like 180CFX but slightly smaller, less noise, less intimidating, and backyard/public park friendly, but still offers high precision control.

Oh btw Great job on making the nano s2, keep up the good work!
Mrowka likes this.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #367 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrowka View Post

If I were to make one change to the stock 130X, it would probably be metal tail gears.
Axtually, no. If Mr. Blade told me that I could have one change to the 130X, it would be something to make it easier to replace the elevator servo.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #368 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopa137 View Post
A 130 size belt driven CP targeted for intermediate pilots.
Well, as there is no lighter "Fusion 130" announced I guess it still makes sense for me when I try to get the Walkera V120d02s (TT) flying some day [spektrumized or FrSkyX] either with a) Tarot ZYX + Spektrum satellite or b) with a ÁSpirit or ÁBrain 2.

I already got the feedback in the 130X sub forum from a user that the Bluearrow servos D05010MG / D03018MG are not suitable for the tail.

If this fails, I really need to find a way to mechanically modify the V120 tail (pushrod, ball head diameter, servo arm, etc.) so I can use different servos (e.g Eflite DS76T, Bluearrow H0988UHS-I,...) and to get it working with a 3rd party FBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopa137 View Post
I wish one day Blade can come up with something like 180CFX but slightly smaller, less noise / intimidating, and backyard/public park friendly, but still offers high precision control.
In the meanwhile you are going to get the Blade Fusion 180, a 240g (heavy) belt-driven tail / 4s heli with MG servos: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=830703
Mrowka likes this.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #369 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone from Blade ever read these posts? Is there any feedback or acknowledgement that they are taking any of this at heart?

... if not then this thread is basically a support group for Blade users. A support group is in order for Blade products for sure, but it would be nice if Blade chimed in from time to time.
tryzub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 10:30 PM   #370 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetrotto View Post
Hey Guys,

Serious question here. The Blade team still is dedicated to making out-of-the-box helis and want your feedback!

Please let us know (seriously) which heli you'd like to see. Size, features, etc, etc..

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsel.labao View Post
We are here taking notes.
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Much apologies for not getting back to you all sooner. We have been taking notes behind he scenes.

Its our mission to make you guys happy and better yet, get more people back into the heli hobby.

The team and I greatly appreciate your feedback.

Here are a couple questions:

Is SAFE not a selling factor to you guys? Do you feel that it helps bring more people into the helis?

It seems like we have the right mix of products in our line up. You guys are all seemingly agreeing that we need to just update our current line. In other words, improve what you have and don't make additional platforms unless they are ground breaking.

What is the most popular size in your opinion? ( I know, based on sales) but curious to see what you guys think.

What sort of things should we be innovating? Plastics, electronics? Geometry? Etc...

Quote:
Hey guys!

Glad you guys are seeing the mCPS announcement and I know there are always going to be people on both sides of the fence. We decided to go with the brushed version this time around since the BL (based on our sales history) did "worse" than the original. Possibly based on the price, or that not everyone is ready for the crazy power of the double brushless.

I will say that SAFE has zero negative effect on the standard flight modes and it only improves the ability to get more people into flying CP helis. SAFE is only one flight mode (stability) and other than that we've improved the "AS3X" modes some.

So yes, we did use a lot of the same parts, but thats also really good for those of you who spent tons of money on optional parts years ago or who still have parts now.

Overall, I think most of you will love this heli. We will be planning on doing a micro heli cup at IRCHA so you should certainly attend IRCHA!

We are bringing (hopefully) plenty of demo models of the MCPS for you guys to fly.

See you at IRCHA. I just booked out our 30 foot camper! Stop by and have a beer (after hours of course )
It is not the intent of the Blade Reps to respond to every post...

HeliFreak is a very small part of the social media they are tasked with watching

However...as the above posts will testify...the do watch this thread and are busy taking notes
acidkindred and Mrowka like this.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:43 PM   #371 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
they do watch this thread and are busy taking notes

That was a good one JonJet thanks for the laugh
Mrowka likes this.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:11 AM   #372 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK JonJet, I guess that they indeed are watching this post. That is a good thing
tryzub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019, 04:17 PM   #373 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want a Fusion 230-250 size Heli with a Belt Tail and Bail Out Feature on FBL..
Old 05-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #374 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to see any form of a Chinook. I wouldn't mind if it were coaxial but it would be much cooler if it were a double single rotor, collective pitch in a military scheme with navigation lights. The size of a 300X or something there about would be nice. I still have my coaxial Blade rescue copter but a larger single rotor version would be the bees knees!!
Old 05-28-2019, 03:44 PM   #375 (permalink)
Registered Users

130X size and weight bird with 2-3S propulsion, rotary MG servos and belt driven tail (like walkera v120d05); with panic button!
Buzzing Around is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #376 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Align 150X covers most of this. The tail is motor driven but flies pretty nice.

I would actually prefer a Fusion Nano with the brushless upgrade already built in and the head out of aluminum instead of plastic. That would be an awesome machine.

At that size I still prefer a tail motor. It is so easy to fix it's ridiculous. You don't have to worry about belt tension or installing it the wrong way. Besides it's one less servo. Just run the wires, plug and go. This size machine you want to either use to start out in the hobby or to keep crashing to push your skills forward. Either way it benefits from quick and easy repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzing Around View Post
130X size and weight bird with 2-3S propulsion, rotary MG servos and belt driven tail (like walkera v120d05); with panic button!
xoexoe likes this.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:29 PM   #377 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still would love an updated MCPX BL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in