Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree152Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

On a separate but related note, I would like Spektrum to upgrade their AR6600T to support bidirectional SRXL. This is because iKon/Brain came up with telemetry functionality for helicopters but the 4649T seems to have issues above 7.4v which make them unusable for big helis.

The natural progression out of Blade is into kit models. This user is highly likely using a Spektrum radio to fly their heli and will continue to do so. The ability of a new feature like telemetry will boost the use of Spektrum radios. Some pilots ditch Spektrum and sell off their remaining Blade helis swapping radio platforms to have such features. So in the greater scheme of things it makes a lot of sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd love to see Blade move away from the models that compete with some of the more higher end brands. The 270 and 360 are great helis, but they just don't sell. They costs too much and are way too much heli for your target customer.

I'd love to see the 300x and 450x return with updates. Throw some better canopies on, skids with a little rake, bright blades. Keep the plastic frames! Both were lightweight and reliable with the right servos. As awesome as the BeastX is, I think you should concentrate on value. Throw the AR636 on there with the new metal gear servos, let people upgrade the FBL on their own if they want. Skip the battery and charger business but offer bundles for those that need the "help."

Price the 300 at $239 and the 450 at $279. They'll sell faster than hotcakes. Keep upgrading but share as many old parts as you can. That builds incredible brand loyalty.
yakky is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 01:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
On a separate but related note, I would like Spektrum to upgrade their AR6600T to support bidirectional SRXL. This is because iKon/Brain came up with telemetry functionality for helicopters but the 4649T seems to have issues above 7.4v which make them unusable for big helis.

The natural progression out of Blade is into kit models. This user is highly likely using a Spektrum radio to fly their heli and will continue to do so. The ability of a new feature like telemetry will boost the use of Spektrum radios. Some pilots ditch Spektrum and sell off their remaining Blade helis swapping radio platforms to have such features. So in the greater scheme of things it makes a lot of sense.
Ummm...going to have to disagree there. Blade's target customer could give a crap about telemetry. Maybe a dumbed down battery indicator on the radio. How many times do we have people popping into the forum just perplexed as to how to even bind or setup a radio.

Newbies want it to look cool, but be simple, reliable and cheap.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you misread my post. I am not asking for Blade to add telemetry. I am asking for Spektrum to add telemetry. I am thinking about people who "graduate" from Blade into kit models but stay with Spektrum and likely a few other Blade models as they progressed.

EDIT: if you are really picky I am asking for Spektrum to add bidirectional SRXL capability to a receiver so that telemetry can be implemented. I think it's in the benefit of Horizon Hobby for users to keep using Spektrum radios and in the benefit of Blade by allowing people to keep their Blade models instead of selling them due to having to use new radios and receivers who have the features they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
Ummm...going to have to disagree there. Blade's target customer could give a crap about telemetry. Maybe a dumbed down battery indicator on the radio. How many times do we have people popping into the forum just perplexed as to how to even bind or setup a radio.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Which brings me to even though Blades are usually RTF or BNF a downloadable PDF with maintenance/build instructions would be great. The exploded components view just doesn't cut it.
That would be nice, but they won't even do things like keep their radio manual updated. They won't even update the electronic .pdf versions, which would be easy to do. They already know they don't have to put any effort into making manuals like that because they know their customers will pretty much just do it for them via forum posts, Youtube videos, etc. Why waste the time?
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Spektrum isn't only targeting newbies. Certainly not with that $1300 DX20 or even the DX9. Plenty of advanced heli guys fly Spektrum radios.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
Spektrum isn't only targeting newbies. Certainly not with that $1300 DX20 or even the DX9. Plenty of advanced heli guys fly Spektrum radios.
Right. This is about blade. It was suggested advanced electronics be a part of their lineup. Exactly what they don't need.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I must be speaking Russian or something. I never suggested Blade to include telemetry or advanced electronics. I suggested a Spektrum receiver (which I doubt any Blade Heli includes) to be updated to enable telemetry for users who move on away from Blade but keep using Spektrum.

Now probably some will say that point does not belong on this thread. Well it does because Steve started and will be watching it and I think it's good for Blade to enable people who migrate away from Blade (inevitable to move to kit helis) to keep their Blades and Spektrum gear and not move to other radio gear that has the features they are looking for.

Quote:
Right. This is about blade. It was suggested advanced electronics be a part of their lineup. Exactly what they don't need.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Now probably some will say that point does not belong on this thread. Well it does.
Wrong. It doesn't belong in this thread. This thread is about what we want from Blade next.. not Spektrum! Take it elsewhere please. You might even want to email Spektrum with your request. I'm not saying it's not a valid point but this isn't the thread for it.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wonder when the OP will be back?

"Math is hard...."
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 09:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Actually, he said "on a separate but related note". Spektrum is a separate brand entirely from Blade, but they ARE related because...obvious... He then immediately went into talking about things as they related to MSH FBL units on BIG helis, none of which has anything to do with with Blade.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another thought... Setup a meeting with WL Toys. Have them make a Blade branded V977 that flies on spektrum. Yes, it's not your own design, who cares, it's an amazing heli. Fills a big hole in your lineup. Bonus points if you get them to do a 2s model with a brushless tail.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, it's not your own design, who cares, it's an amazing heli.
Horizon/Blade is actually already okay with that. Several of their Blade branded quads come from other manufacturers. I just recently picked up a Blade Vortex 250 Pro that's actually an ImmersionRC quad. The only difference is the green body panel plastic and green props and they put a Spektrum quad receiver on it. Everything else is exactly the same as the ImmersionRC original version. Same for the "Blade" Vortex 150 Pro. They've done it with rebranded Yuneec quads, too. Interestingly, Horizon's top E-flight designer, Mike McConville, just quit not too long ago and went to work for Yuneec. Lots of their airplanes are designed and made by FMS, Dynam, etc.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had already given my feedback on several Blade models as I agree with a revamp rather than an addition. I truly believe my derailment of the thread was related and worth mentioning now that Blade (Horizon's Hobby Heli branch) was opening up to suggestions. Why not talk about something that might help the Heli community?

But anyways I find that there are super friendly and relaxed pilots and those who seem to take personal offense about something like this.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:14 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Besides the mcpx v3.. i would also be a fan of a new version of the 300x (one of my favorite helis of all time) and the 450x (which I am currently looking into building my own).

Both were popular models and could use a few tweaks. Metal gear servos, a stronger plastic frame, stronger raked landing gear. Better tabs to screw landing gear into that doesnt break off. A metal belt pully on main shaft. Ar7210 bx or something. Metal center hub. Slant gears maybe. Make safe easy to shut off for us advanced pilots bc that is just annoying other than bailout. Good for beginners, horrible for more experienced pilots.

Also.. keep the 180cfx and 360cfx available as a 2 blade option. I am considering picking up a 180cfx again but if the 3 blade head is only option available I am not sure I would want one. Mainly bc flight times are already short and a 3 blade head sucks more juice.

I think it would be best to take what has sold best in the past and continue to improve on it. This also does wonders for your spare parts market.

I still think a solid, reliable, robust mcpx v3 that can top the xk k110 for us spektrum fans would be a hit. Im not a fan of the nano cps and blade 130s is so tail heavy that it kinda sucks and flight times suck unless throwing in a huge battery which makes the tail drift all over. 130s 300mah flight time really stinks. An 800mah 230s battery works great for flight times but the tail cant be trusted then.

Even a re-release of a torque tube130x would be awesome if you could upgrade the tail box and pitch slider and knock out vibes and maybe include a rotary tail servo that works well. I like the old 130x better than the horrible cog 130s.

I think the mcpx v3 is the best place to develop a good new hot selling heli. Make it brushed and brushless versions. Brushed is good indoors or for beginners. Brushless main and tail will be a hot item for outside and more experienced pilots. If you have to choose one, def the brushless tho. And design it so every small crash isnt going to rip the wires out of the tail motor. Better connections to main board help too.. for tail motor. I would like a bailout feature with it. I dont need safe.. i dont think any experienced pilots want anything other than bailout. And a good piro comp. Making main board more robust in crashes will help, ive had issues with mine after 3 flights when i got it stuck in a tree. Never worked right again.

You have two target audiences, noobs and experienced pilots. Make it easy to shut off safe without us wasting our idle ups on it and that will help intrigue more experienced pilots.
plus many others 420 and under

Last edited by Indokast; 04-28-2017 at 12:24 AM..
Indokast is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2017, 12:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want an updated MCPX BL. I would buy it in an instant. The one major request in this would be that it not be ruined by some half-baked SAFE system or something that makes it glitchy like I understand has happened with the Nano CPS.

Simply making it better in every way while keeping the same size would be good. More power, better technology, piro comp, pretty much everything the Align 150x claimed to be, but without all the issues.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2017, 01:50 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
I want an updated MCPX BL.
Interesting, a few call-outs for the mCPX. I have one that's heavily modified and it's just a great heli for flying in small spaces. There's not many Blade parts left on mine, but even so it's a great platform for upgrades. I've bought a ton of spares so I can keep mine flying until I run out of parts. If they come out with a new mCPX it would probably give me some additional life for the one I have assuming they use some of the same parts. I'd be happy about that.

That's one thing about Blade, they don't run production on any particular model very long. It's not like most people buy a heli only to fly it for a year then throw it away. My feeling is most people will fly a particular model for several years if it's one they like a lot. At least that's the case for me.

If they do bring back the mCPX they could learn a few things from the K120 and HCP100S like dual brushless outrunners and a proper ESC. Would also be nice to see a CNC head, but that's probably asking too much from Blade, they seem dead set on plastic heads. Though I actually like the linear servos. If you can get past the need for regular cleaning, they work well and they're super light which is always good for a heli.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2017, 05:21 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Forget bringing back anything or starting new models. They're a waste of time. Keep what you currently have and improve upon them to make them more reliable and with less issues out of the box. Blade grew companies like Lynx due to the quality of the parts. Fix that first. This would be a worthy and long-term investment.

Improve what you have and at the same time improve your reputation.

Oxy 2/3/4/5; XL Power 700; DX9
Lynx Heli Innovations Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2017, 05:25 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
From what I understand, they already sort of had that with the nCPX. A member here (Number) really likes his and says it's the best ultra-micro CP heli ever made. He's a freakin' fantastic pilot, too. Then Blade went and screwed it up with the nCPS. I've read about so many problems with that thing.

Is that a joke LOL.
Had 2 nano cpx and it was the most gutless cp heli ever made????
The exact opposite of pop, I do agree it was far more reliable than the cps but the XK flies better but is still gutless.

Want a 130-180 with power and no safe. 130 and 180 are gutless but have decent flight characteristics, nano is just plain pitiful on the pop department and flies too small.

180 is decent but flies a little heavy, just a touch more juice and you wouldn't have to hold back and baby the collective.
Bring the 180 back with a touch more power and metal servo gears and they'd have a winner. Make a DD 130 with some pop and they may have their best selling heli ever but they have to be reliable electronically.

That's why people are ditching Blade in record numbers these days. More reliable options in the same class/price range

Last edited by learnedthehardway; 04-28-2017 at 05:40 AM..
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2017, 09:54 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
Is that a joke LOL.
Had 2 nano cpx and it was the most gutless cp heli ever made????
The exact opposite of pop, I do agree it was far more reliable than the cps but the XK flies better but is still gutless.
Nope, and I never said it was a powerhouse. However, lots of people liked the original nCPX. Ask the member named Number here. He'll tell you and he can fly the crap out of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
That's why people are ditching Blade in record numbers these days. More reliable options in the same class/price range
What's a viable alternative option for the 230S from another manufacturer? What's another option for TT tail 180CFX? Since you said same class/price range, the OXY 2 is larger and considerably more expensive to get flying than a STOCK 180CFX. Yeah, it just got discontinued, but plenty are still around for purchase.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in