Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2017, 06:49 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Come on, you guys.

We need a Chinook.

"If you have friends in racing, you suck". - AJ Foyt
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2017, 07:07 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaFan View Post
Come on, you guys.

We need a Chinook.
I have been waiting forever for a new version of the BL, but I would give up that dream for quite awhile if it meant getting a Chinook!

--Blade 500 3D--360CFX--Blade 450 3D--130S (x2)--MCPX BL--MSR-X--MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Phoenix 5 sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 12:02 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
Don't dumb this bird down with weak main motors, electric tail motors, and rescue stuff.
I actually like the motored tail on the the mCPX. Not the stock one, mine's a BL outrunner. It's simple and reliable. There's low maintenance, no adjustment, and good crash resistance. Now with something bigger I prefer a main driven tail. A motored tail has some lag. Personally I think the 230 S is too big for a motored tail. Probably okay on the 130 S though.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 12:47 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
I actually like the motored tail on the the mCPX. Not the stock one, mine's a BL outrunner. It's simple and reliable. There's low maintenance, no adjustment, and good crash resistance. Now with something bigger I prefer a main driven tail. A motored tail has some lag. Personally I think the 230 S is too big for a motored tail. Probably okay on the 130 S though.
Of course it's fine on a Nano or mCPX.

But on a 130? No way. The 130X tail is actually very good, quite hard to get it to blow out unless you bog the crap out of it and the tail RPM drops too much. The 180 tail doesn't blow out, it just wags a lot, which is more gyro related than anything.

The 130S tail doesn't impress me at all, it blows out easily on tic tocs and maneuvers that the 130X easily did.

Just to give you an idea of why I love the 130X

130X (2 min 48 sec)

Blade 130X Gets Some Love Again (3 min 9 sec)
Keith - MSH Brain2 Beta Team
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017, 10:45 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaFan View Post
Wonder when the OP will be back?
We are here taking notes.

My RC facebook and Youtube Page (please subscribe to get latest news and video):
http://www.youtube.com/zoomtt
http://www.facebook.com/zoomtt
edsel.labao is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsel.labao View Post
We are here taking notes.
Make sure you get the swash movement normal for collective so people don't have issues like you did with your 500X crash because your collective channel was reversed. None of this trailing edge control DOWN swash movement for positive pitch BS.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
The 130S tail doesn't impress me at all, it blows out easily on tic tocs and maneuvers that the 130X easily did.
I think it's ~possible~ for a tail motor to work well on a heli that size. If the 130 S tail is weak, that's on Blade for using under-powered components. I'm running 125mm blades on my mCPX which is pretty close to the 130 S at 135mm. The tail on mine seems to have plenty of holding power. Even so a motored tail is a trade-off in performance. Better to have a driven tail, but for a small heli you can get away with a motor and it's a lot lower maintenance.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the mcpx v3 out yet? Discontinued already??

I kid i kid!

A new mcpx bl and a tt 130x w problems solved are good ideas. A 180 with metal servos and a little better disk loading would be nice.

130x was my favorite blade heli ever. But the tail needs upgraded and the gears need to not strip or fall out mid flight. An outrunner would be nice. 130s is not near as good as a nice 130x. I enjoy all your products tho. But the self level drives me nuts. Bailout is ok although id probably never use it. Make the option to turn safe off really simple. Even wltoys does that with one button that toggles self level on or off. And find plastic that isnt so brittle.

All I can say is I just saw this thread..
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=780418
Basically everyone is saying buy a xk k110. We need the mcpx bl back that is as durable and flys as well as an xk k110 but with the power of an xk k120. You guys are blade.. how does a v977 from wltoys get better reviews than a nano cps running on a spektrum tx? Mind boggling.

Last edited by Indokast; 04-30-2017 at 04:45 PM..
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017, 08:29 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steven, I would love to see a couple things.

1. Extended parts support for discontinued models, especially the 500x and all of the pro series. Even if the parts were offered as a special order and took up to a month to ship.

2. An indoor micro with a longer flight time, this includes the nano cpX, Inductrix FPV, and small coaxial birds.

3. My first blade was a mcx2, still have it! This is great for anyone to learn to fly, how about another model with a longer flight time and maybe a cool fuselage like a md500 or a military heli to draw more interest.

An upgrade to the old rtf mini controller would be great too. Small is great for young fliers, but the sticks are gritty control wise. And the dxe is great, but too big for kids.
crashcopterman likes this.
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2017, 04:10 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mcpx brushed v1 I still fly mine! ,v2 board had a random tail loss for me. Mcpx bushless is my second choice. The main boards got a bit too hot on them.
I have bought and sold many blades since however the mcpx v1 still gets my vote.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jherison View Post
2. An indoor micro with a longer flight time, this includes the nano cpX, Inductrix FPV, and small coaxial birds.
The Inductrix 200 FPV is my indoor quad and it flies for 8 mins on cheap $7 Hobbyking Nano-Tech batteries, which is nice because they're the same ones I use on my 230S. 8 min flight times is pretty darned good for pretty much any electric rotary winged model, especially a micro since it's really an 85mm quad. I rebuilt the Inductrix up on the PFG carbon fiber frame. It's actually a pretty fun quad that is very sporty indoors and it's been completely reliable.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:58 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

What would I like? Please ask the Horizon 'fixed wing' guys to post the same question on one of the forums!

There are any number of great planes that are just waiting to be modeled.

Thanks!

Don
Digital Don is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indokast View Post
... find plastic that isnt so brittle. ...
^^This^^

And a double brushless nano that doesn't suck (reliability-wise, i.e. make it as durable as the XK K110).

And please start using properly sized battery connectors - the JST RCY (red) connector is only rated for 3A but you are running nearly 10x that in the larger-ish models (e.g. 180CFX/230S/etc.) The XT30 would be perfect for these.

And BTW - Thank You Blade! - you are the friendly neighborhood dealer that got me hooked on helis (in a good way).

And one more thing - a BNF version of the mCX2 - I'd buy several.
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
What would I like? Please ask the Horizon 'fixed wing' guys to post the same question on one of the forums!

There are any number of great planes that are just waiting to be modeled.

Thanks!

Don
RCG has a typical monster thread asking about warbirds from Horizon. There's some input from Horizon guys in it.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...birds-for-2017
Old 05-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think something like this guys nano would be a great seller. Its 2s double bl, external esc's and a micro brain with cf frame. Bling optional.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=777727&page=5

Blade would be smart to offer a bnf/rtf version using there own fbl and offer an airframe with a separate electronics package. Instead of selling a few spares most would buy the whole airframe or electronics packages for parts
And you make the people who like customizing their stuff happy
I think that was why the nano and Mcpx were so popular, all the modding and customizing you could do.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:07 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON L View Post
I think something like this guys nano would be a great seller. Its 2s double bl, external esc's and a micro brain with cf frame. Bling optional.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=777727&page=5

Blade would be smart to offer a bnf/rtf version using there own fbl and offer an airframe with a separate electronics package. Instead of selling a few spares most would buy the whole airframe or electronics packages for parts
And you make the people who like customizing their stuff happy
I think that was why the nano and Mcpx were so popular, all the modding and customizing you could do.
That's a cool little heli, but they'd probably have to price something like that at $400+ and very, very few would pay it. Any videos of that particular heli flying? I wonder how heavy it ended up and if flight times are super short because of that and the extra power.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya i know they would probably never offer this setup, its a long shot. But an all plastic version could be done for a fair price I think. Using there electronics of course.
THat's why I think an air frame option would be good. The people who dont like blades electronics and wouldnt buy one because of past problems could use a different fbl or whatever if they wanted.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON L View Post
THat's why I think an air frame option would be good. The people who dont like blades electronics and wouldnt buy one because of past problems could use a different fbl or whatever if they wanted.
After the Pro Series boondoggle, I'd bet they're pretty much done with offering helis in any kind of kit form other than pre-built and ready to go out of the box. Other than the Pro Series, they have never offered a stripped airframe only type of kit for any heli of theirs, at least that I can recall.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a newbie so I only know Blade products.

I pretty much agree with what has been said but I do wonder about suggestions like better plastic. Although I 100% agree, I also do understand that quite possibly the business model Blade is adopting is similar to Brita or razors, for example. That means that they make most of their money on parts replacements and sell the sets for cheap and often at a lose (think Amazon model too). Now, I don't know if the latter is true for Blade though as I don't think they need to.

So why would they produce a heli that crashes better?

Do I agree w/ the comments? Absolutely! But I also am sympathetic that this is a business. Blade has a certain sector of the market cornered and those people (myself included) most likely won't want to pay a bit more for a machine to get started. Of course, we find out later that ultimate costs are more but by that time, you're in the pipeline until you either get enough experience to get out for better (kits) or are too frustrated to stay in.

Just my thoughts. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you are correct and that's a shame too because I heard nothing but good about the pro series. I never owned or seen one in person though.

I just don't see why the don't offer the kits for the models they have. They have all the parts on hand waiting to be sold. Just toss a few sets together and give it a shot.

Like i said I think a lot of people especially noobs would buy a replacement airframe for spare parts or if they have a bad crash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in