Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)


Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others


Like Tree142Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: KC MO
Default

I think the 1s micro heli limitations is the batteries. The motors can handle it and the ESCs have no problem... but the batteries we had back then were simply not capable enough. However now that we have people like MyLiPo.de, whose batteries are downright incredible, they breathe new life into an otherwise unexciting helicopter. The Nano CPX with MyLiPo 205mAh 1s HV battery and a MicroMotorWarehouse motor is an unbelievably high performance machine for a micro.
Nano CPX Fun In The Gym (2 min 6 sec)


Personally I prefer the Nano CPX over the CPS. The CPS is buggy, glitchy, jittery, and I hate the soft mounted board. The CPX also had a better feel to the cyclic.
__________________
LOGO 480 XXtreme
FrSky Horus X10S Github Repository
https://kc3dprint.com - 3D Printing on Demand and 3D Printed RC Helicopter Parts and Upgrades
Keith - MSH Brain2 Beta Team
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-13-2017, 04:06 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
Actually I pulled that in an edit, I got a little too fired up about the 1S thing so I retract that statement. Actually I'm just happy Blade has not abandoned that size class, was getting a little worried they had.
Well, you had a very valid point, which is why I quoted it.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,834
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: BAN GLYPHOSATE NOW !!
Default

<Moved>
__________________
The 180CFX doesn't have to be a handful ... http://tamingtheblade180cfx.blogspot.com

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 07-13-2017 at 08:24 PM..
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
Well, you had a very valid point, which is why I quoted it.
The tone of my post originally sounded troll-ish with no appreciation for the new release, which is not really how I feel. But if you say it's a valid point then I suppose it is.

The thing is Blade can be whatever they want in the Heli market. They're certainly in the right position to make some impressive models. It's disappointing and kind of makes me angry when they fail to deliver. They only need to employ the right engineers and give them the freedom to innovate.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 04:39 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
The thing is Blade can be whatever they want in the Heli market. They're certainly in the right position to make some impressive models. It's disappointing and kind of makes me angry when they fail to deliver. They only need to employ the right engineers and give them the freedom to innovate.
The funny thing is they already had that and let it slip through their fingers. The Pro Series helis really were some good models. I still have my 550X and fly it regularly. I'd love to see them release real kits again, but that will probably never happen after they got burned the first time. They should have stuck with it and forged on through the early tough times of low sales, which they should have been expecting anyway for a few reasons. If they'd put the 700X on the podium at some large heli events, people would have sat up and taken notice because "just a Blade" had won, taken 2nd, etc.
crashcopterman likes this.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2014
Default

A nice 500 size 420mm blades
eightyduece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Default

I was pretty new to RC helis when Blade dropped their line of full size models, more specifically the 700. At the time I wondered about it, but being new I didn't think much of it. You have to wonder why a company that makes helis would downgrade their flagship product. For most other heli makers it's a 700 at the top of the line.

Usually it's a 700 that's the flagship product, but there's one exception I can think of right off. Oxy Heli is highly regarded and they started with a 300 class heli, but they are working their way up. Their 450 class heli is due soon. I would bet at some point they'll make a 500/550 as well.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
I was pretty new to RC helis when Blade dropped their line of full size models, more specifically the 700. At the time I wondered about it, but being new I didn't think much of it. You have to wonder why a company that makes helis would downgrade their flagship product. For most other heli makers it's a 700 at the top of the line.
They simply didn't stick with it because sales were initially low. They went back to their SAFE (pun intended) place turning their line-up mostly into toy grade plastic fantastic helis. A Blade rep even posted basically that same exact thing here and other places. They should have expected low Pro Series sales because the market for large helis was already saturated with excellent models that had a lot of history on performance, reliability, etc. Not a whole lot of people were willing to take that expensive risk with Blade for large helis that had little to zero history. And, truth be told, the street rep for their existing and past helis wasn't the best, either. A lot of people were pretty leery about Blade getting into the large kit heli market from a quality/safety standpoint, too. As I said, since they were good helis, had they pushed on through those times and put the 700X in the winner spotlight a few times, their sales could have very well improved significantly but, instead, Pro Series owners and future customers who might have wanted one were hung out to dry. And, now, parts are starting to dry up, too.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Default

How about a 450/500 size Nitro with SAFE!! Would love to have something like that and there is not much on the market in that category.

Mitch
Mitch Booth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Booth View Post
How about a 450/500 size Nitro with SAFE!! Would love to have something like that and there is not much on the market in that category.

Mitch
Or, just build something much better than Blade could ever offer as a BNF like a Gaui NX4 and put a good FBL unit like an iKON 2 on it. All of the same features (and more) of SAFE, but much better.

The reason there's not much in that market is because the demand for small nitro helis just isn't there. If it were, there'd be lots of choices already. IMO, electric helis in that size class kick ass and are so much more convenient than small nitro engines which can be quite finicky.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
Or, just build something much better than Blade could ever offer as a BNF like a Gaui NX4 and put a good FBL unit like an iKON 2 on it. All of the same features (and more) of SAFE, but much better.

The reason there's not much in that market is because the demand for small nitro helis just isn't there. If it were, there'd be lots of choices already. IMO, electric helis in that size class kick ass and are so much more convenient than small nitro engines which can be quite finicky.
I agree. I'm new to helis and just love the smell, smoke and sound of Nitro. I'm currently learning on a Blade 230 and wanting to eventually be able to fly a nitro model but do not have the balls to start with a 600 or 700 Nitro. Cost is not my main concern but the size is extremely intimidating for me. Does this make any sense?

Mitch
Mitch Booth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2017, 05:54 PM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Default

Yes intimidating indeed. I just got a 550 size. After I got it airborne, it's amazing, way easier to fly then my 450. I'm already thinking about a 700 now. Lol if you fly your 230 around with ease, then a 600 plus will be cake
__________________
t rex 450 pro dfc, 550x,700x
dx6 g3
jaffo24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Booth View Post
Does this make any sense?
Does to me, still get nervous firing up my 380. Though in my case money is a concern, have a limit what I can spend on these things. Even if money were no object I would not jump to a 700 right now. Probably a 500 or 550 would be more my speed.

In terms of nitro, there's a lot of overhead weight with the drive train. Might not be very practical for something as small as a 450, would be too heavy. A 500 might be do-able for nitro. A small nitro heli is not attractive to me anyway. The things are messy and can be temperamental. Though gasoline power would be good, but those are even heavier. Gassers don't work well until you get to a full size model like a 700. If money were no object it would be a turbine powered 700. That's the ultimate model heli in my mind.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
They simply didn't stick with it because sales were initially low.
I think Blade is more about making money and less about the love of model aviation. So yeah, they release new models frequently and drop old ones quickly. That's the main reason I don't buy their models anymore. As mentioned, you find one you like and parts dry up too soon. I think it's a sucky way to produce model helis. It's not like there's a huge market out there to bring in big sales by doing that. But, it's how they operate and if it works, good for them. There's plenty of other makers so it's not like I can't avoid their products.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2017, 10:38 PM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
I think Blade is more about making money and less about the love of model aviation. So yeah, they release new models frequently and drop old ones quickly. That's the main reason I don't buy their models anymore. As mentioned, you find one you like and parts dry up too soon. I think it's a sucky way to produce model helis. It's not like there's a huge market out there to bring in big sales by doing that. But, it's how they operate and if it works, good for them. There's plenty of other makers so it's not like I can't avoid their products.
Absolutely. The Blade rep even said so with his post about abandoning the Pro Series and sticking with markets that had been historically successful for them. "Historically successful" = $$$

The funny thing is they should have known that's exactly what would happen with the expensive Pro Series kits. People were going to be very reluctant with jumping on any large kit heli bandwagon from the likes of Blade at the time. Now, it will be much worse for them if they ever try that market again because people don't forget.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Default

When the MCPX BL was discontinued I waited for a V2....

I'm happy the standard MCPX has returned!

However, I want a MCPX BL V2!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously BL sells had to be better than the 180 or other helis still in the lineup! I refuse to believe otherwise! Was the BL's robustness keeping parts sales down? Now that I could buy

CrashyCrashy

PS. I want a BL V2!
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2017, 07:09 PM   #177 (permalink)
sly
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetrotto View Post
Hey Guys,

Serious question here. The Blade team still is dedicated to making out-of-the-box helis and want your feedback!

Please let us know (seriously) which heli you'd like to see. Size, features, etc, etc..

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
A bigger Blade 230S - Blasé 460?
sly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
A bigger Blade 230S
That's the 250CFX.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 153
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

A new Mcpx BL V2. The 1st one was awesome but unfortunately the mainboard went out so I need a new one. Come on Blade don't let me down!!!
__________________
TREX 500 DFC PRO
Oxy 3 QUBE
t_austin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 947
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Default

im ready.
nx5/nx7
trex 700n
logo 600sx
my wallet isnt...
__________________
Écureuil AS355n.50 600mm - Lynx 450xl ntm1700kv 350mm- KDS Chase 360mm Scorpion 1880kv SK720be/Ikon
Waxxingibbous is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1