K110 finally arrived - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default K110 finally arrived

My Tomtop order came in today and I am just inspecting it and wondering if the Controller foam tape should be replaced. Aside from leaning a bit to one side, it's also rather bouncy/wiggly. Should I use white 3M foam tape instead or let 'er rip as is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ryguy76 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just start as is. See how it goes and if you have issues, then switch it out.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWeber View Post
Just start as is. See how it goes and if you have issues, then switch it out.
Will do. It's raining out so wasn't able to do much more than some indoor hovers. Definitely drifts to the high side of the control board, which makes sense, if it thinks the board is horizontal. Irrelevant once I flip into 3D mode though. I don't plan on flying it in 6G, so it's of little concern.

Tried calibrating the 6G, but made no difference.

I'm impressed so far. Pretty cool for the price of admission for sure. I had to take the servo clip off and adjust one servo arm, and then do some link tweaks to get a flat swash and 0ļ at mid stick, but I'm happy enough with the results. Pretty peppy for 1S, compared my only other point of reference, the brutal Blade nCPX. I think it's going to serve me well for some yard flights and orientation drills.
XK K110
Old 04-26-2017, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew at lunch today and did one full pack on inverted orientations. It's great for that type of stuff. I've had other pilots comment on how much more smooth my flying is. I attest that to all the practice over lunch with it.

I've been trying the Glacier 1S 600mah packs and they are way better than the stock or Goo batts. The just had them on sale for $4 each, so they are much cheaper for us in the US than the recommended HK Graphenes with their shipping costs.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a couple ncpx and swapped to the V977 the originalXK110 and was also impressed with the stability. It's also a lot more durable than the Blade micros.

For some reason I can fly consistently perfect circuits with the 977 with almost no corrections necessary. Once you lock it into where it wants to be, it really locks in. Very nice little helis, definitely can't be beat for the price
Mini Protos 6s stretch◊3/Chase360/Trex450 sport v2dfc/SK540's/180cfx/300cfx/ Walkera DF36/V977/UMX Pitts/RochobbyMXS 3d v2/Rochobby Nemesis NXT/RareBear funfighter620mm/one man's rc heaven is another man's rc hell
learnedthehardway is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I flew at lunch today and did one full pack on inverted orientations. It's great for that type of stuff. I've had other pilots comment on how much more smooth my flying is. I attest that to all the practice over lunch with it.

I've been trying the Glacier 1S 600mah packs and they are way better than the stock or Goo batts. The just had them on sale for $4 each, so they are much cheaper for us in the US than the recommended HK Graphenes with their shipping costs.
I need something to smooth out the transition from sim to IRL with inverted FF. I can fly comfortably and smoothly in the sim in all orientations, but IRL I tend to jam up in a few orientations and it's not so smooth. Just need some IRL stick time to get it there. Inverted tail first, right banks (CW circuits) are smooth like butter IRL, but left banks (CCW circuits) are a complete mess. Upright tail first is pretty solid for both turns but needs smoothing, and inverted nose first needs time spent all around. Amazing how comfortable I am in the sim, but IRL for these things gets my heart racing and my thumbs jam up.

I am hoping to get some flights on it after work today. I have 5 brand new Goo 520's, but will try those Glaciers once the Goo's lose their punch. Do they fit without mods?
XK K110
Old 04-26-2017, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
I had a couple ncpx and swapped to the V977 the originalXK110 and was also impressed with the stability. It's also a lot more durable than the Blade micros.

For some reason I can fly consistently perfect circuits with the 977 with almost no corrections necessary. Once you lock it into where it wants to be, it really locks in. Very nice little helis, definitely can't be beat for the price
Ya, the added stability was noticeable in the first second of hovering this thing last night in my living room. I wish this was out when I got started in this hobby a few years back. It really does seem like the most optimal way to get started, considering it can be tamed rather well and made as wild as you need as you progress. For the price WITH Tx, it's amazing.
XK K110
Old 04-26-2017, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy76 View Post
I am hoping to get some flights on it after work today. I have 5 brand new Goo 520's, but will try those Glaciers once the Goo's lose their punch. Do they fit without mods?
In the battery try of the landing gear, there are a couple of bumps. Those need to be removed. I just clipped them off with a wire cutters. They're right where the battery goes in. It's still a snug fit though. Nice thing is that the stock batteries will still work even with those removed.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
In the battery try of the landing gear, there are a couple of bumps. Those need to be removed. I just clipped them off with a wire cutters. They're right where the battery goes in. It's still a snug fit though. Nice thing is that the stock batteries will still work even with those removed.
XK K110

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.