Neo and Futaba setup questions - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2017, 10:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the front page under governor click the expert hat. The setting your needing to adjust is ar idle. Not sure but you may need pro software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tshelby73 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2017, 12:26 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So I do have the Pro software, and I see the AR Idle. It's set to 10. I assume that's default, as I haven't changed it. What you think I should change it to?
RCHN #633
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2017, 01:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No need for Pro firmware to run electric helicopters.
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2017, 06:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
So I do have the Pro software, and I see the AR Idle. It's set to 10. I assume that's default, as I haven't changed it. What you think I should change it to?

On mine with castle creations with auto rotation selected in castle software I would run it on the bench with no blades for a bit then go into idle mode and lower that setting just until the motor stops. If I remember correctly this was usually 0. This would give me a fast spool up in case I wanted to abort an auto. If your esc doesn't support blade stop auto rotation bail out you will need to set this to a desired slow headspeed as not to go into softstart mode.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am running a Hobbywing 200. I'll have to try this later tonight when I get back, as I'm about to head to the field and would rather not take the blades off while I'm there. I'll report back what I find. Thanks tshelby!
RCHN #633
Old 06-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am running a Hobbywing 200. I'll have to try this later tonight when I get back, as I'm about to head to the field and would rather not take the blades off while I'm there. I'll report back what I find. Thanks tshelby!

I've done the same with my hobbywing but haven't officially tested it yet. I'm not rich enough yet to practice crashing.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

What does the optimization do? I had it checked on the tail, and I see 2 boxes in the Pro side where it changed some numbers, but where those boxes are, I don't think they really do anything. Am I to copy those numbers some where?

I'm hoping to get out this weekend and get some tweaking done, as I think the tail holds good, but the stopping of the tail is really ugly right now.
RCHN #633
Old 06-13-2017, 02:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
I've done the same with my hobbywing but haven't officially tested it yet. I'm not rich enough yet to practice crashing.

I finally got to this last night. I spooled it up, without any blades, and when in to the Pro parameters, and AR Idle was 10, and as soon as I changed it to a 9, it shut off...........I flipped out to motor run and it did a fast spool up. So I'd say that's ready to try.........a ways up for me though.

Now I just need to adjust my tail stops, and I think that's about it. Time to let er rip after that.
RCHN #633
Old 06-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
What does the optimization do? I had it checked on the tail, and I see 2 boxes in the Pro side where it changed some numbers, but where those boxes are, I don't think they really do anything. Am I to copy those numbers some where?

I'm hoping to get out this weekend and get some tweaking done, as I think the tail holds good, but the stopping of the tail is really ugly right now.
The optimizer equal the rates, left and right piro, elevator and aileron.

Normally you let the Vbar put in the vallues. Just enable the optimizer and do some piro's or flips, depending on what optimizer you enabled.

Do not run both optimizers and the same time.
JR XG14 PL8 v2
mverhorst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://vstabi.info/en/node/1057
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2017, 09:37 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I finally got back to tweaking my Neo on my 806. I'm working on the stop gains. How aggressive can you be with the numbers? I've been moving them 5 at a time. My CCW is pretty close. My CW still looks pretty ugly. Can I adjust them 10 at a time? I think I'm up to 45 right now. I have bank 2 and 3 the same, with just different numbers in them, so I can test 2 sets of numbers in the same flight.

Also, I know I need some pitch precomp. I'm trying to recall from memory, I think there was 10 in there by default. Same question, how aggressive can I get with this? The tail does move a bit on full pitch climb outs. Should I change it to a value (say 50 or 60) and go from there, or stay at 10 and add accordingly?

Other than that, I'm liking things. Enough so I ordered another one for another kit I'm about to start building.
RCHN #633
Old 10-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a look at my 806 settings tonight, as I'm comparing them to what I'm getting as I'm setting up a 766 (no stretch). I'm in setup mode, on the tail tab. It talked about getting the throws as even as possible. If I'm able to get the throws even (with in lets say 5 points) by adjusting the tail control rod, does it really matter if the servo arm is straight up and down? It moves full travel of the slider on the tail, but the servo just moves back wards a little farther than it goes forward.

I got the numbers 2 a part from one side to the other. I looked at my 806, which I have flown, maybe 30 flights on, and the numbers are like 126 and 98. I have a slight tail stop when I piro right, but have been told it's due to a weak tail for running the weight of 14 cell lipos. I'm wondering if I should adjust my tail control rod so I can get closer to even numbers in the tail tab on the setup screen.

I'd get a video to help explain, but I'm out of time, and it's too noisey with someone watching TV at my heli hangar.

Thoughts?
RCHN #633

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.